DS Lite June 11th

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
The new DS Lite model will be launching in the US on June 11th. Get your pre-orders now if you plan on buying one. It has been out since March in Japan, and people are still having hard times finding them in stores.

I'm going to preorder one very soon. I must say, however, that I'm surprised that Nintendo is only bringing out one color for the DS Lite (at least at launch). They've brought out at least two colors for the last few handhelds at launch. The dark blue DS Lite that released in Japan looks great. Of course, the iPod white that we're getting in the states isn't too shabby either.

The Nintendo DS Lite is a redesign of the Nintendo DS. It was announced on January 26, 2006 and went on sale in Japan on March 2, 2006 at a price of 16,800 yen (USD$140 USD). [2] The package includes an AC adapter. The console is scheduled to officially arrive to Australia on June 1, 2006 at a price of AU$ 199.95 (USD$ 152)[3], and North America on June 11, 2006 at a price of USD$ 129.99. [4] A spring launch on Europe and China is expected. [5] This model is a slimmer and lighter version of the Nintendo DS, which is hoped to make the DS more stylish and appeal to different gaming audiences. It was almost completely sold out on its release in Japan.

Europe - To Be Announced (at the end of this year)

I think I am going to get one of these. I have had the original DS since last December, and I've pretty much played it every day since then. I'm looking forward to the Lite, because it will be easier to hold down the shoulder buttons. Plus, the extra brightness options will be splendid for Resident Evil Deadly Silence.

Thanks to Amanda and Andy I will be preordering as well. I am stuck on this island so I called them and asked them if they could go to the store for me. Man they rock! Mad Props!

I would have totally liked to have the dark blue one but who cares... I am just gonna cover it in some crazy skin anyways.