Do you prefer the pc version of games over the console?

Depends a lot from the type of the game. I rather play CoD on console than on PC, but I rather play BattleField on PC than on console. Also there are games that just work out better on controller than on mouse + keyboard, like Trials, but generally speaking I prefer mouse and keyboard.

Obviously it depends on the game, but 90% of the time I prefer the console version of games better. I don't have a gaming PC, so it doesn't feel as natural to play games on it than on an xbox or PS console. I also don't really yell at my PC like I would at a tv screen.

For racing games - playing them on a console is infinitely better, in my experience. FPS games, on the other hand, are just horrible to play with a joystick and therefore I prefer playing them on a PC/laptop. Also, another thing to consider is the port as a whole and how it runs on a PC, compared to a console. One horrible port, off the top of my head - GTA IV. Most computers just weren't ready for it yet at the time of its release and it was just a bad experience for gamers worldwide. But if the port is good, by all means - consider both options and if your PC is more powerful - play the game on that.

It depends on the game, mostly. With a game like GTA, I think it's a bit easier for me to get it for console, since it's a better sitting situation and for me to look like an idiot, as I then try to do what every gamer does: Turn the controller, shake it, or button mash harder to do things more effectively. (Doesn't really help, but it's an instinct thing when you're immersed in it.)

However, I think for my fantasy games mostly, I go to PC. Like with MMOs, Skyrim, Dragon Age and the like, I LOVE the modding aspect of games like that. (I think the only exception to the rule I make here is with Saints Row. I don't know why, but that game just FITS on the PC.)

I agree with pretty much every person here: It depends on the game. Though it also seems to depend on your experience with PC gaming. I know a lot of people who cannot be converted from console.

I prefer the feeling of playing over the console. Even if I had a controller connected to the pc and have the pc connected to the widest tv we have, there's really a different feeling when I'm playing over the console. Not sure what it is though...

PC ports are usually better. Better controls, better graphics, not as laggy and in certain games has a way huger community. The mods for Skyrim or Fallout make the game way,way better than the console versions.

I almost always prefer the PC version than the console version to games because the graphics are able to be way better. Although, depending on the type of game, the controller makes the gameplay much better and I do like using the controller for FPS and fighting games.

So it depends, but I'll usually look at getting the PC version before the console version

I almost always prefer the PC version than the console version to games because the graphics are able to be way better. Although, depending on the type of game, the controller makes the gameplay much better and I do like using the controller for FPS and fighting games.

So it depends, but I'll usually look at getting the PC version before the console version
Consoles are good for lots of platforms and I like that. PC has been the one to really allow you to alter the graphics to your likings. PC has the mods to give otherwise the original downloadable content LOL.

For me, RPG's and other games that I can easily mod definitively go for the PC and such just to extend their game life. Usually RPG's, and Strategy games and all. For most other games such as actions, sports, racing, or even fighting I much prefer a console version, just because it's easier to play on a console, and the console is designed to play the game at recommended settings.