Do you prefer the pc version of games over the console?

Well I have enjoyed playing on the PC and, have noticed controls can get hard in the beginning and take time to learn compared to the console version. I have notice differnces in games as some added stuff like in Dragon age origins the added content was the last battle where you have the circle enchanter help you and eamon the arl of redcliffe castle which was not in the console version. I have enjoyed playing role playing games on the pc and the sound and graphics are amazing and easy to play and understand the story and graphics are good.

I like both about the same. For certain games I prefer the console, like sports and racing. RPG's seem to be a little better on a PC. I have a lot more PC games, then I do console games just because I find better deals on them. Plus, I tend to buy a lot of PC bundles because of the price.

In some franchises, yes. For example, I never really got the hang of playing CoD on the PC. However, on the PS3, I became extremely good at it. I guess it is just a matter of personal preference when it comes to these types of things.

It really depends on the game. Some games like COD are preferable on a console because of the controller. My PC is not the best in the world so that's another reason. Other games like Minecraft I prefer to play on my PC.

It depends on the port. You can't real;ly say that PC version of most of the AS games or GTA Games are better on PC. On the other hand, if a port i as good a Max Payne 3 or Far Cry 3, it's far better than what you can experience on consoles.

I prefer the console games because they have better graphics since they are I think specifically made first for the console. But of the PC is a gaming PC with high specs I guess the graphics would be the same. Another thing I like playing in the console is that the controller is better. Yes we can buy a controller for the PC but it is so much better to play in the console with an already ready to use controller.

I think it depends on the game. For sports and racing games, I despise playing them on a PC. It's just not the same. However, other things like Sim-type games and most RPGs are better on the PC.
Overall, however, I prefer a console.

I'm a PC gamer since I know myself and I think this will never change. So, in my case the choice is pretty easy. But if I look at it from an objective point of view, I will still choose PC gaming, only because it's better in almost every way and the fact that I live in a country with a lot of piracy makes me choose PC gaming again. The only drawback of playing games on a PC is the fact that you have to upgrade it from time to time in order to enjoy the beutiful graphics that PC games will always offer you.

No matter what game it is, I find consoles to be very limiting. Sure, it's fun to bring your friends for a couple of rounds of Mario Kart or Smash Bros, but consoles just can't compete with PCs. Emulators and custom controllers for PC make consoles useless, but alas, most people will never take the time to install such "complicated" softwares and devices on their old, boring computer. They would just spend a fortune on that shiny console that's advertised everywhere. And it's user friendly too!

Well the fact that the pc can use all the controllers that are used on gaming consoles means that the pc is versatile and also you can upgrade your pc to suit new games while consoles are only relevant as long as game developers continue to make the DVDs.

Definitely PC, though the inhabitants of this forum might be biased towards PC gaming over consoles anyways. PC offers more options for those that know what to do, though I suppose for the casual everyday Joe, the console is a much more comprehensive package that also requires less effort on the part of the user.

Well for me it depends. I prefer shooting games on pc only, because I can control the mouse more accurately and it makes easier to aim, because I have been playing a lot of shooting games on pc. For racing games, soccer and basketball I prefer console gameplay. Not only you can play it on a bigger screen with friends, its easier to play with controller.

Well for me it depends. I prefer shooting games on pc only, because I can control the mouse more accurately and it makes easier to aim, because I have been playing a lot of shooting games on pc. For racing games, soccer and basketball I prefer console gameplay. Not only you can play it on a bigger screen with friends, its easier to play with controller.

I agree, PC shooters are so much easier and precise than their console versions. I know in the CoD franchise, PC doesn't have the auto aim feature, so its always fun to watch people who come from console play on a PC.

Most of the times I prefer to game on my PC. That is mainly because it is always connected to my TV, thus eliminating the main advantage consoles have. I can't stand knowing that there is a better, technically, version available and I am playing the inferior one.

Of course, if I had a PC that could not handle modern games, things would be different.

First person shooters have always been best on PC. I never got into consoles having FPS games it just does not feel right. PC is the king for FPS games.

Yes, but that's only because I have a tricked out PC and don't have any consoles except my old famicom. I'm ok with ports as well because you can still play them through a controller, so porting optimization issues are eliminated.

I can't think of a game I can honestly say I would've rather played on the console rather the PC. Diablo 3 might be the exception and that's only because of how repetitive it is. It's easier to spam the controller button constantly, but that's about it really. I haven't played racing games in a long time, those probably feel better in consoles, but I actually played most Need For Speed games on the PC.

I hate playing at a desk and I love being able to play on a larger screen.

As an MMO player I got used to playing on the desk, but I can understand the feeling of wanting to play on a larger screen.

I have never really been a fan of console gaming because I have always felt that the pc versions of games where better. I have seen it where the pc version has better graphics and just gives a difference feel.Anyone else prefer to game on a pc over a console?
To be honest, PC games never did it for me. I always thought that console games were a lot better. Having said that, I never had a top of the spec PC for gaming and have never known many people who do, maybe only one or two people. Most people I know usually just stick to the consoles for gaming but might use their PC for playing small games, like games on Facebook or Big Fish.

I prefer to be involved in PC games rather than any other platform. If you do not want to play the game with the keyboard, you can simply connect a controller. Usually the graphics are much better on PC, and if you have a question about the game that you are playing, you can just tab out of the game and look for your answer.