Can you smell it? The NHL is back.

Yeah I'm pretty excited too. I was one of those people saying "I don't care if it comes back I'm still not going to watch it" because I was pissed off...but now...I'm just happy it is coming back so I can watch my Leafs lose. :crackup:

Well I am Canadian :p
I go to school in Ottawa so it is fun 'cause the Leafs, while they are pretty much shit, always beat the Sens in the playoffs...always a good laugh.

is that what the smell is dammit
NHL is shit

NOT that i know what the f&*k the NHL is :scratchch

isn't it supposed to say NFL
and isn't this a game site anyway dammit all :bomb:

At the gym, they have VH1 on one of the huge tvs hanging over the treadmills. I have seen advertisements for some reality program based around him on said channel. Unless it is an android, the answer is yes.

so yeah...any actual hockey fans here have anything to say about the season so far? I know most teams are only two or three games in but there is a pretty noticible difference. For one, the games do seem to be a lot higher in scoring, probably due to the increase in the number of penalties called which has also impacted how much hooking and grabbing there is which has allowed for the more skilled players to handle to puck more (wow that was a long sentance). So that is nice.

I think I like the lines behind the net that prevent the goalies from wandering into the corners...that slowed up the game a lot. I like that they took out the two-line pass so there is the chance at a lot more breakout plays (although I have yet to see too many examples of that).

Not sure that I like the shootout thing. I guess it isn't that big of a deal but I just don't see why a game can't end in a tie. I mean, even the losing team gets a point so it is like a tie but I don't see why every game has to have a winner. Some times both teams play equally good/bad and nobody deserves to lose/win. But anyway.

Yeah. While I'm pretty sure this season is a write-off for the Leafs it seems like the changes are good for the league on the whole, which is nice.

Yeah, the hulk-a-maniac has his own show on VH1. It's really lame because, well in all actuallity the hulk is lame. Maybe it would be different if I thought that PRO Wrestling was entertaining whatsoever. But yeah, nowadays everyone has their own reality show. Demi, I hear that yours is starting on ABC next week.

My aunt's boss just bought a wrestling league. I think it's the XWL or something like that. I know the word extreme is in there somewhere. Anyone heard of it?

Oh well. I keep hearing about all these famous wrestlers my aunt gets to meet. I have no idea who any of them are.

I wish they'd show a few NHL games on teevee. Or maybe they are and I'm missing them.

Blah, I don't even know what's changed and what teams are left and who's on whose team. I didn't follow much hockey news in the off-sea---I mean 1 year lockout.

Hope Kariya actually picks his level of play back up this year, though.