[Adult Swim]

spudlyff8fan

Super Senior Staff
Registered
Jun 23, 2005
somewhere
They're really starting to piss me off. I seriously dislike their whole "every day has different shows" setup. I mean, that is BULL. Not to mention how they keep on adding in more and more and more commercials. In fact, each show has only about 20 minutes of actual show now. And lots of their shows flat-out SUCK. The Oblongs? More and more animes about giant robots? Minoriteam? Moral Orel? Perfect Hair Forever? ALL BULL. And now SAVED BY THE BELL?!?!?!? That isn't even a cartoon!

Now I am becoming annoyed.

Adult Swim really hasn't been good since its first two years. I mean they have had some Jems like Mission Hill and the Boondocks now but you can't beat the beauty of Sealab 2021's first season.

I didn't like Mission Hill...or Sealab 2021...

I like Home Movies, Boondocks, occasionally ATHF, and most of all Futurama and Family guy. I also like some of their animes.

... I can understand not liking Mission Hill. That takes a different kind of thinker (not saying you are stupid for not liking it). The jokes are nitch and aimed at folks who would laugh at "Kafkaesque". It is really a hit or miss show. It hit me.

But the first season of Sealab??? With Murphy in his prime? I will question your taste on that one :p

Oh and I didn't count Home Movies because I was a fan of Home Movies when it was on PAX. But that was a good get for them.

Actually Mission Hill hooked me when it was on the WB. I was so glad to see it after a few years on adult swim. I also love Harvey Birdman and ATHF.

And I imagine I am in the minority here, but I love Inuyasha. I want cable back SO bad.

wow, I think the williams street gang can do no wrong. They pretty much ressurected Family Guy, gave Futurama a much needed home, and they also take risks by picking up shows no one wants *Oblongs, Mission Hill, Family Guy, Futurama, Baby Blues* They bring in great anime *Inuyasha, Ghost in The Shell, Wolfs Rain, WitchHunter Robin* and their homemade shows are great, sure their are some hits *Robot Chicken, ATHF, Venture Brothers* and misses *Squidbillies, Minoriteam, 12 oz Mouse* and with the exception of 12 oz mouse, their misses aren't too bad, I challenge you not to laugh when squidbillies is on. I end this post with a qoute from Minoriteam "I'll catch you on the flipside you rascist devil son of bitch"

I don't have cable, so when I DO get to watch adult swim it's at a friend's house or on family vacation (where watching late night TV turns into a nefarious game of "Don't Wake Daddy"). And when I do watch it, I watch it for the anime, which has a damn good selection as far as I'm concerned. They used to run Cowboy Bebop, which convinced me to hunt down a full boxed set (which I got for $30... oh yeah :D). Inuyasha is okay... I watched the last ep online the other day and after seeing that I'm not gonna bother to watch the other 150-some episodes I've never seen.

Anyone ever watch Samurai Champloo? It's as sweet and crazy as the name sounds. Wantanabe (the guy who's responsible for Cowboy Bebop and others) definitely did it again.
I don't know if Swim is still running Fullmetal Alchemist, but that's another must watch. I streamed the whole series off keiichi anime... 51 episodes of mindblowing alchemy goodness. Watch it. (I like my shows that make you think a teensy bit ^^) Maybe I'll try watching Witch Hunter Robin next... the OST was pretty neat ("Flame" and "Shell" being the ones that stick out in my mind), but I never watched the show.

spudlyff8fan said:
More and more animes about giant robots?
Neon Genesis Evangelion is SO much more than a show about robots. If you watch it consistently (I rented it ALL from the local library over a period of a few months, and watched it subbed... the dubbed version tends to, how do you say... suck?) and if you pay attention and think about what your watching, it flippin turns your brain inside out. Those character monologues? Damn, that's one conflicted way of viewing the world.... There are many places on the internet that go into great lengths of analyzing the show. It's a legend. It's awesome. It's one of the robot shows that is decent. So if you're mixing it with petty things like Gundam SEED (I don't know what "giant robot" shows you're referring to), DON'T.

And we musn't forget Family Guy and Futurama.... freakin' sweet. I'm SO glad Family Guy came back to Fox ^_^

*looks back at post* I did not realize I knew/was that much into anime o.0

Evangelion is just one of the many shows that tries to be deep and philosophical, but fails miserably at it. And really, I am just getting more and more disappointed with what they're showing. I mean, looking back at like....2002 when they were pretty much 100% Family Guy, Futurama, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha and that's it...those were the days! Now we've got probably 20 shows all on different days! I want my consistency and i want my quality!

I laughed at 12 oz Mouse.

Just the 'Barney Rubles" part though :(

Edit: If you haven't seen some of the Adult Swim video podcasts on iTunes then you are missing some funneh.

Last edited:
Wait...Saved by the Bell?

I guess I should actually check out Adult Swim again sometime soon because I haven't heard of practically any of those.

And when you do check out Adult Swim, Taku, you should watch Samurai Champloo. No, I amend tha... you have to. Such a wonderful show. Everyone has to watch. Or at least stream it off the Internet :yo-yo:

(<crazy girl who likes emotes too much)

Family Guy and Futurama are the best shows on Adult Swim.

Robot Chicken is funny, depends on the episode, though.

spudlyff8fan said:
They're really starting to piss me off. I seriously dislike their whole "every day has different shows" setup. I mean, that is BULL. Not to mention how they keep on adding in more and more and more commercials. In fact, each show has only about 20 minutes of actual show now. And lots of their shows flat-out SUCK. The Oblongs? More and more animes about giant robots? Minoriteam? Moral Orel? Perfect Hair Forever? ALL BULL. And now SAVED BY THE BELL?!?!?!? That isn't even a cartoon!

Now I am becoming annoyed.
yea i agree with you exept 4 oblongs i kinda like them

I sort of enjoy the Oblongs. It's got star power, you can't deny that.

I like Squidbillies, Harvey Birdman, Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex, ATHF, Venture Brothers, the Boondocks, Mission Hill, and Robot Chicken.

Everything else either is sucky anime(FMA is not good, NGE/Champloo I've seen all of, Trigun/Inuyasha is comedy - stupid IMHO).

You people will suck down anything anime.

Hardcore said:
I sort of enjoy the Oblongs. It's got star power, you can't deny that.

I like Squidbillies, Harvey Birdman, Ghost in the Shell : Stand Alone Complex, ATHF, Venture Brothers, the Boondocks, Mission Hill, and Robot Chicken.

Everything else either is sucky anime(FMA is not good, NGE/Champloo I've seen all of, Trigun/Inuyasha is comedy - stupid IMHO).

You people will suck down anything anime.

I will NOT suck down anything anime; I'm getting to the point where I can filter my choices after sampling a few episodes. I've finally learned my lesson that just because its CLAMP doesn't mean it's good (Tsubasa Chronicles, the Chobits anime--manga was OK)

What do you have against FMA? I agree with you on that nonsensical Trigun show and IY is wayyyy too long of a series for the ending it has XD

I finally caught Saved By the Bell on Adult Swim and it dawned on my why it is there.

Mike Lazzo is the Sr. Vice President of Cartoon Network which is owned by Turner Broadcasting. He is also the head of the Adult Swim programming.

Mike, back when he worked with Turner Broadcasting Station (TBS) was the guy who got them to buy Saved By the Bell and air it in the afternoon right after kids like you and I got out of school. I don't know about you but that is when I used to watch Saved By the Bell the most, I never caught it on Saturday Morning because of TMNT and Super Mario Bros Super Show were on other channels.

So there is your connection- Mike Lazzo.

Also- Mike is a producer for a lot of Nick Toon's good shows like Rocco's Modern Life and Ren and Stempy so maybe we will see those in the as lineup soon.