Zelda Majora's Mask remake

squallsnake

Editor In Chief
Staff member
Jan 27, 2013
Chicagoland
squallsnake.com
Like the rest of the world, I am excited about this Majora's Mask remake. However, there is one thing I am very concerned about - the camera. Specifically, the option to invert the camera (up/down).

Playing the on the New 3DS allows the user to move the camera freely using the 2nd analog stick nub. Thing is, Zelda Wind Waker HD did NOT have an option to invert the camera. The only camera options available were to invert when looking in 1st person view mode only. Because I could now press down to look up and vice versa, Wind Waker HD is literally unplayable for me. I am hoping they added this simple feature in this Majora's Mask update. How can any modern game be shipped without this option anyway?! I know I am not the only invert looker here.

Most people will be playing this on a regular 3ds anyways, so I'm assuming this will be handled the same way it was with Ocarina for most folks..

But I get what you mean, I almost invert at least the vertical line of sight.

It doesn't affect me at all, although I do know people that are adamant about inverted controls. I only like that option in games that involve flying to be honest. Still, I'm very excited about the Majora's Mask remake. I loved the previous Zelda game for the 3DS that was an entirely new game.

Honestly, inverted controls aren't a huge deal for me. They do make it easier sometimes but I feel that even without inverting things you'll generally get used to the games controls after a few plays. Either way, I'm super excited for this remake! It's great to see Nintendo bring back such a cult hit, and I hope this time it will get the recognition it deserves.

I will be playing this game on a standard 3DS so this has minimal effect to me, but I have to say that even if it weren't that way I could absolutely not care less. I am sooooooo excited for this to finally drop that I don't know how to handle myself. The Ocarina remake is why I bought a 3DS in the first place. I could never have imagined how sweet 3D gaming could be, and getting that glorious nostalgia in 3D made everything so much better.