Your local Pre-order Info

Bonz

Staff Writer
Registered
Sep 10, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
You all can post your local PS3 / Wii pre-order news here. Those living in your area will be greatful!

--------
Phoenix, AZ

Gamestop and EBgames ARE doing console pre-orders.

These stores will be pre-ordering PS3s for launch today (10/10/06) only. My local EBgames got their hands on 14 for launch, but most other stores in the area got fewer than 8.

While speaking with their manager I learned that they will start Wii pre-orders by thursday. I would guess that this is a nation wide plan for the company, so check your local store. Getting your hands on a Wii will be easier than the PS3, but don't expect to walk in on launch day and see them on the shelf. My local store will be getting fewer than 100 Wiis, and I'm in a huge market.
--------

If you get local or national info on pre-ordering consoles go ahead and post it here!! Don't forget that Gamestop probably wont be the only outlet pre-ordering. If you miss it there, call around.

The Wii will cost $249.99, and a little over $300 for a console and extra controler set up. Wii games will cost around $49.99, which is a better price than any other next-gen console.

can you look up minnesota for me?

and by the way, i saw on G4 that even though gamestop is taking pre orders, due to low shipment by playstation, even by putting a hundred down that wont guarntee you for a ps3.

Gamestop and EBgames will be pre-ordering the Wii on Friday (10/13/06) in the US.

My local EBgames tells me to show up before the store opens, as they plan to sell out pre-orders quickly. It wont be as hard to get one as a PS3, but the demand is still high, so plan on waiting in line if you want one.

P.S. - Gamestop reports that PS3 pre-orders in the US are closed.

Pre-Orders are for one day and one day only. Each store will receive about an allowed amount of 15-20 per-orders. On launch day 10-15 systems should be avalible at Every GS.EB store. And that is only because Nintendo will not be shipping out to many systems at launch. More than the PS3 but not that many. But fear not Nintendo can produce more systems to ship so there will be some out there after launch for those who do not pre-order. And $50 is all you need to reserve a Wii.

Last edited:
creating a false demand for an over-priced product. The news will be all over the long lines of fanatics with Mommy's money (no, not everyone that gets one is a momma's boy. that's just the ones they interview). That generates tons of publicity for Sony. Publicity too expensive to buy.

You right Darth_Jonas : " Publicity too expensive to buy "
I agree with you.

Well people would I be wrong for this. Camp out at Best Buy the night before right. But then when they open the dorrs hop outta line and Yell they aint got enough for you suckas. Then say things like HAHAHAHA I'm going home because I have ont already fools it pays to work at Gamestop HAHAHAHAHAHA.

OR

Wait in the line go in and be like NO I didn't want a system I just want a TV and games I alrady have a PS3 HAHAHAHAHAHAH Look at the people who don't have one. Poor little Timmy wont have a PS3 should've bought a 360 MOM.

OR

Drive by late at night while they are waiting and be like I have a PS3 for sale....................BUT YOU CAN"T HAVE IT HAHAHAHAHA.

Yea I would get shot for that.

O and by the way Toys'R'US will be taking pre-orders today on both systems.

I reserved the Nintendo Wii yesterday at Toys R Us. It turns out that there were guys out there since Friday waiting in line for the PS3 (despite the torrential rains we had that night). There were only 2 Wii pre-orders left when I got there, so lucky me I guess.

Well, I pre-ordered mines at a Gamecrazy and then the other week I went in. They told me that they cancelling the pre-orders. I think their holding the systems for themselves and their friends.

Man, this is crazy. I remember the days when it was a trivial matter just to stroll down to just about any big store and buy a console at launch without much of a problem. Now, it's pandemonium. Well, looks like I won't be getting a Wii at launch unless I go camp out somewhere, which is highly unlikely.

That's what happens when technology gets more and more advanced. They can't just machine gun out consoles anymore.