Your favorite souls game

weepforsweep

Registered
Jan 1, 2015
As the title says, what is your favorite soul game. If you don't know, the games are Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2.

For me, it would be Dark Souls. I loved the bosses the most in Dark Souls. With bosses such as Manus, Kalameet, Artorius, and 4 Kings, how can you not love this game.

I'd have to go with Dark Souls II. I can definitely understand the argument that DS1 is far better, but Dark Souls II just holds a special place for me in gaming. I poured dozens of hours into that game and enjoyed every minute of it. I actually started with that game and went backwards with the series, so that's probably why I prefer it.

Propably the first Dark Souls. I was so excited for it after playing through Demon's Souls over and over again on the PS3, and it really did deliver. I really love the way the world is built, shortcuts and secrets everywhere.

Dark Souls II is amazing too, of course. Some things are better, some are worse. It really is annoying that you have to travel to Majula in order to level up though, especially on consoles because of the loading time. They should've just kept it the way it was in the first title, where you could level up at every bonfire. I also don't like the bosses too much in the second one, but that is just my personal opinion.

First post by the way. Hi guys!

The first time I ever played a souls game was when Dark Souls 2 came out and it was probably the single most frustrating experience I have ever had while playing a video game . I've played all 3 souls games now and in my opinion Dark Souls 2 is clearly the best. It has all the good points from the previous iterations but with a lot more polish and refinement. To put it quite simply, Demon Souls and Dark Souls are great games, Dark Souls 2 is a masterpiece. While it did make me want to smash my controller to pieces and it was horrendously difficult, the feeling of finally beating a difficult boss on Dark Souls 2 is something I'll never get bored of.

I loved Dark Souls 2. I liked how the world is bigger and it wasn't as frustrating.

I liked the Dark souls 2 as it was more explained what was going on and, unlike the first one where it was up to you on what you did this one actually did have a story. I liked the environments and, the boss fights were amazing like the Prowling boss which was easy and was not much of a challenge to fight. The other bosses were harder and some required strategy and thinking before engaging the boss and it did take some time to beat the other ones.

Demon Souls holds a special place in my heart. We managed to get a review copy of the game before anyone knew what that series was. There were no FAQs, nothing like this before, and the only people talking about it were previews of people from months before at E3 being entirely impressed and confused. No one had really made a game like it before and describing it to people was almost as bad as playing the thing.

Dark Souls 1 is where I started, so I have a love for it. I tried Demon Souls, and if I had played that beforehand I probably would have switched my opinion. Haven't tried two for lack of money and waiting on a sale.

Demon Souls is the on thus far that has my vote. Even though the Dark Souls games had some improvements, There was a little "hand holding" on Dark Souls with those bonfires.

Demon Souls didn't give you ANY leway or hand holding at all. Which is exactly how I love my games.

Dark Souls because I agree it was the beginning for me also. Enjoyed Dark Souls ll but still gotta give it to my starting game.