Your favorite GameCube videogame

Oh, and did anybody else play the NBA Street games? Those were seriously some of the most fun games of my childhood. They were unlike any other sports game that I had ever seen.

I remember the good old days of the GameCube. I loved playing F-Zero and Star Fox. I also can't forget Mario Kart. These were great games.

Oh, and did anybody else play the NBA Street games? Those were seriously some of the most fun games of my childhood. They were unlike any other sports game that I had ever seen.

I did. I really enjoyed the NBA Street games with Vol. 2 being my personal favorite. Your post also reminded me of how much I enjoyed the NFL Street games and makes me a little sad that there are no plans to bring back either NBA Street or NFL Street to next gen consoles.

Anyone played Viewtiful Joe 2? That game was godly. I must've spent the majority of my childhood trying to complete it (but I never did cause I didn't really understand games at the time). Maybe it's nostalgia but that game will always top my list, on par with Super Smash Bros Melee anyways.
I remember picking up Viewtiful Joe 2 on a whim for about $5. This must have been six years or so ago. For $5 I figured even if I only spent a few hours playing the game I would more than get my money's worth. As it turned out, I ended up investing countless hours into the game. It is easy to see why the game received such high reviews. It really was a very unique and crazy brawler with (at the time) gorgeous shaded graphics.

I remember the good old days of the GameCube. I loved playing F-Zero and Star Fox. I also can't forget Mario Kart. These were great games.
Are you talking about Star Fox Adventures? That game was awesome. I remember buying it thinking it was going to be like Star Fox 64. Started playing it and I learned pretty quickly it was RPG, and just like Legend of Zelda. I was disappointed, but then pleasantly surprised. I wish I got more surprises like that nowadays.

Animal Crossing takes the cake for me. This was my first exposure to this real time world games, but of course with Nintendo's magic. I loved the banter with the grumpy characters, which sadly, is something they seemed to have tamed down the last few releases.

I completely agree with you on Timesplitters. This is one of the greatest underappreciated games for any console in my opinion. Timesplitters 2 was my favorite fps on the GameCube by a wide margin. I am so glad I picked these two games up on a whim at the time. I only wish that more people were aware of these classics.

I agree, Timesplitters 2 was awesome! In most ways I think it beat Goldeneye 007, except for the initial impact of the game. I loved the addition of AI bots. Finally I could practice during the week until my buddies and I would meet up on the weekends to blast out some multi-player.

Super Mario Sunshine will forever be my favourite game cube game. I have way too many memories with that game to forget it any time soon, and back when I was a kid this game had the best game play ever.

Okay, you just asked an awesome question. SSBM was the Holy Grail of the GC, it is endless fun and everybody still plays it today, and I don't mean they play brawl, they play SSMB. Just to show you how people love it, they still play it in the ComicCon competition (I think it's ComicCon) even though it's extremely old, it's plain and simple a timeless classic. Despite this, I'd have to say I tip my hat to, Super Mario Sunshine. The game was so enveloping and the stages so fun. I really got into it, I still own the game, and have it to play on emulator on my laptop. It's amazing. I think Double Dash (even though everyone else hated it) and Luigi's mansion deserve an honourable mention too.

I keep coming back to this thread because the GameCube is my all time favorite system so it is too hard picking one favorite. But I was thinking about what game totally immersed me more than Animal Crossing.... Pikmin! I had no idea what to expect when I first bought it, but man was that game a blast. Every time I lost a Pikmin in battle I felt bad. They are so darned cute! Fearless warriors they are...

This is a super hard question, but I would have to say Mario Kart Double Dash. I played this game for hours and never got bored of it. Mario Kart is one of those games that will never get old. It will always be an awesome game to play no matter what age you are.

Definitely Animal Crossing! I actually played it originally on my DS and then I purchased the game for gamecube after that, and I am so glad that I did! I love it!

Definitely Animal Crossing! I actually played it originally on my DS and then I purchased the game for gamecube after that, and I am so glad that I did! I love it!

I really liked Super Smash Bros. Melee, and in fact, it's my favorite Smash game of all time. I don't think any Smash will ever outmatch it in terms of pure gameplay.

Hmm.. Gamecube explusive.. that would either have to be Fire Emblem or Melee. Warioware was also a lot of fun, buti t seemed super short, even compared to the other Wariowares.

Animal Crossing was my favorite. I've played the others, but the GameCube one is still the best in my opinion. I'm glad to see others with that answer! I haven't played it in a while, but I'm thinking about starting it up again.

I would say Pokémon Gale of Darkness. I loved that it was a Pokémon game with an expansive story line that was actually pretty good. I liked the fact that it was the first Pokémon game on a major console with a story more than anything else. I have always wished that they would make another one. Don't get me wrong, I love all the handheld Pokémon games, but I have always wanted a game with great graphics like Spectrobes but with Pokémon.

I loved Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, too.

Mario Kart Double Dash!

Was JUST about to put this game! I absolutely loved double teaming with people! Give the game a fresh new start when you and your friend could both carry an item that can be a game changer. I miss not being able to play with a friend like that again or to be able to use two items anymore! D: Nintendo, bring back this aspect, please!

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is an amazing game that I hold a lot of nostalgia for.
The paper gimmicks are a lot of fun to mess around with as well.
My favorite was the one that literally turned Mario into a paper airplane.
The storyline was also very interesting, and somewhat dark for a Mario game.

Super Smash Bros Melee by far. I spent hours playing it after it came out with my friends. It might be the only game I can reasonably claim to be good at. I like how the game seemed somewhat balanced as everyone in our playgroup played different characters. I always kinda liked fighting games but the fact that Melee didn't seem super serious was a big plus for me. Even the single player mode and unlocking all the bonus characters was fun. I never played the game after Melee so I think Melee is basically perfect.