Your favorite GameCube videogame

Sonjapunk

Registered
Dec 1, 2014
Ahhh, the GameCube. Brings back some of my best memories, and, amongst them, my favorite videogame: TLoZ: Wind Waker. I know, I know, some people may not like it (in fact, they might hate it), but I absolutely love it. I enjoy the fact that you can just set a point to sail, leave your controller, go grab a snack, perhaps a drink, and come back and be at your destination. Plus, it was so different from all the other Legend of Zelda games. It was also the first game I had for the GameCube, so I guess that may be part of why I like it so much.
Anyways, the question is: what is your favorite GameCube game, and why?

Mario Kart Double Dash!

Well, I can't tell anything about other game cube games since it was the only game I've ever played on a gamecube, though I really enjoyed it. The idea of playing mario kart with 2 players in 1 vehicle is just great, too bad they didn't re-introduce it or so, hopefully something that the future will bring?

Of course, if Nintendo would do that, Mario Kart Double Dash wouldn't be that special anymore, though even without the 2 player concept, it's still a memorable game with great tracks and items.

I loved Wind Waker, everyone I know hated the sailing, but I found it kind of relaxing myself. I compared every LoZ game after to that one and they never quite gave me the same feeling as Wind Waker did.

I loved Wind Waker, everyone I know hated the sailing, but I found it kind of relaxing myself. I compared every LoZ game after to that one and they never quite gave me the same feeling as Wind Waker did.

I'd agree with this as well, Wind Waker is both my favourite Zelda game and top Gamecube game, I think it was due to, at the time of it's release, there were so many unique aspects about it, namely the open world sailing and cel-shading for the graphics. I think out of all the Zelda titles it's the one that makes you feel most like an adventurer and explorer and when I was young playing it there was no better feeling.

I was REALLY looking forward to Wind Waker HD. Bought it. But then couldnt play it because there is no invert camera option! How do you f*&k that up in today's gaming world! Sure, you can invert when looking in 1st person, but there is no option for this when playing through normally in 3rd person. The game is literally unplayable for me. Super frustrating and disappointing.

As always selecting just one favorite Gamecube game is almost impossible. My top 3 favorite Gamecube exclusive games through the years (in no particular order) are: Mario Kart: Double Dash, F-Zero GX and Super Mario Sunshine. F-Zero GX is a vastly underrated racing game in my opinion. The two Mario games obviously speak for themselves.

Though not an exclusive, I really enjoyed Def Jam: Fight for New York. I preferred playing this on my Gamecube as opposed to the PS2 simply because of the Gamecube controller.

Reactions: Tycoonie259
As always selecting just one favorite Gamecube game is almost impossible. My top 3 favorite Gamecube exclusive games through the years (in no particular order) are: Mario Kart: Double Dash, F-Zero GX and Super Mario Sunshine. F-Zero GX is a vastly underrated racing game in my opinion. The two Mario games obviously speak for themselves.

Though not an exclusive, I really enjoyed Def Jam: Fight for New York. I preferred playing this on my Gamecube as opposed to the PS2 simply because of the Gamecube controller.

Yeah, the controllers are pretty neat, I bought myself one too for some Wii games, including Mario Kart Wii (which is great with the GameCube controller by the way)

Those older Mario games or often indeed great, I've bought Double Dash too to play on my Wii. I've never played any F-Zero though, should I buy it to try it out on my Wii?

This is really a tough question for me to answer because I have to games on the game cube that I really loved a lot and they are Mario Kart double dash and Super Smash Brothers Melee. If I had to choose one though I think that I will definitely go with Super Smash brothers Melee.

Reactions: Tycoonie259
My favorite GameCube game is WWE Day of Reckoning. Me and my friends are big wrestling fans (and always have been) so when we found a wrestling game that was the GameCube's version of WWE No Mercy it was a done deal. I was also very fond of TimeSplitters 2. It was the closest thing to replicating the greatness of GoldenEye on the GameCube.

For me, it's Zoids: Battle Legends. It's probably an obscure game to most, and the controls were somewhat clunky, but there were plenty of extras in that game. It was fun to play and came close enough to capturing the spirit of the Zoids anime franchise. It's a shame they never made any more *good* Zoids video games after that.

This is really a tough question for me to answer because I have to games on the game cube that I really loved a lot and they are Mario Kart double dash and Super Smash Brothers Melee. If I had to choose one though I think that I will definitely go with Super Smash brothers Melee.

Yeah, Super Smash brothers Melee had great physics, while the next game in the series, on the Wii, didn't had that good physics. Luckily, a team of hackers actually 'hacked' the game with some homebrew stuff and created a custom ISO with better physics (it's called Project M, look it up!)

Two GameCube games come to mind, Double Dash and Smash Bros Melee. Double Dash I could never forget, because who could forget the co-op karting? Gosh I miss sniping enemies with green shells as my friend drives. The same goes for Smash Bros Melee, the gameplay has never been quite since then. But, Nintendo continues to provide becuase I am loving my Wii U!

There were so many great Gamecube games, but my faves would include Super Smash Bros Melee, Animal Crossing, and Metroid Prime. I always preferred melee over Brawl, mostly because I mained Roy lol. Ike wasn't quite as good in my opinion.

Animal Crossing was so much fun starting out, meeting my fellow animal neighbors and trading items. And then Tom Nook decided to be annoying with all the damn debt I had to pay off for my house upgrades. I must have had horrible luck with the game because I rarely ever found gyroids, where my sisters would find at least 2 per day. Speaking of which, I haven't been on AC in ages, and still haven't fully paid off that debt!

I played Animal Crossing on my gamecube religiously, I loved the characters reactions when I was gone for a few days.... But I popped back into it after a year or so to see an my town overrun with weeds and my townsfolk were distraught that I had been gone for (rough estimate) 671 days. They definitely could have done without that feature, though I got a bit of a laugh out of it and probably won't be picking it up again soon.

I can never really get enough of Mario Party when I'm in the mood for it. I love playing it when I have some free time and a guest mostly because it's a fun and easy game to pass the time while dinner is cooking.

I played Animal Crossing on my gamecube religiously, I loved the characters reactions when I was gone for a few days.... But I popped back into it after a year or so to see an my town overrun with weeds and my townsfolk were distraught that I had been gone for (rough estimate) 671 days. They definitely could have done without that feature, though I got a bit of a laugh out of it and probably won't be picking it up again soon.

I can never really get enough of Mario Party when I'm in the mood for it. I love playing it when I have some free time and a guest mostly because it's a fun and easy game to pass the time while dinner is cooking.
Omg all those times when I would leave the Animal Crossing world for over a year, then come back to see a ton of weeds taking over our poor little town of Oxymoron ;-; I spent so much time trying to clear out those weeds! And then I open the door to my house to see roaches running amuck! Eww! Honestly roaches are scary as hell, so getting the chance to stomp them out was nice. But then seeing the villagers' faces when I finally returned, it was like, "wow you guys must really miss me if you actually sat there counting up the days I was gone!" xD

Reactions: Plus
My favorite GameCube game is WWE Day of Reckoning. Me and my friends are big wrestling fans (and always have been) so when we found a wrestling game that was the GameCube's version of WWE No Mercy it was a done deal. I was also very fond of TimeSplitters 2. It was the closest thing to replicating the greatness of GoldenEye on the GameCube.

Dude, Timesplitters 2 was a masterpiece. I always get furious when I see threads about "best/favorite Gamecube games" and no one knows about the Timesplitters games. Playing Timesplitters with friends is one of the best things ever, and it makes me kinda happy to see that you've had the opportunity to play one of those great games.

Dude, Timesplitters 2 was a masterpiece. I always get furious when I see threads about "best/favorite Gamecube games" and no one knows about the Timesplitters games. Playing Timesplitters with friends is one of the best things ever, and it makes me kinda happy to see that you've had the opportunity to play one of those great games.
I completely agree with you on Timesplitters. This is one of the greatest underappreciated games for any console in my opinion. Timesplitters 2 was my favorite fps on the GameCube by a wide margin. I am so glad I picked these two games up on a whim at the time. I only wish that more people were aware of these classics.

Anyone played Viewtiful Joe 2? That game was godly. I must've spent the majority of my childhood trying to complete it (but I never did cause I didn't really understand games at the time). Maybe it's nostalgia but that game will always top my list, on par with Super Smash Bros Melee anyways.

Mario Kart Double Dash, Luigi's Mansion, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, Wind Waker, Pikmin, Bomberman, etc. Those were all extremely solid games and helped me become less bored throughout my childhood.