xbox360, could it win the counsil war??

Oh look! LowerMyBills.com! forGetaway.com! Right where the huge Orbitz ads I was referring to used to be! Man oh man, do I love cheesey advertisements thrown into a cluttered web page that makes no sense after the title bar! Really, the weather channel isn't necessary, but when considered as an alternative, it's a lot more soothing and clear than Weather.com. I don't check the weather much, so my opinion in that realm doesn't have much gravity. If I had the three options in front of me when I wanted to check, however, I'd pick the Wii's weather channel.

At least you're honest, wiiwoot. I guess. It's hype is certainly disproportionate to the product, indeed to any earthbound object, but it's certainly a very good game. You're dealing with a lot of level headed folks at this forum: arguments aren't so much over the content, but about personalities using a topic to butt heads. It really ends pretty quickly when each side refuses to take one point or another as valid, and then you get a load of meaningless parading.

Give Halo 2 a shot. It's only life changing if you never played a PC shooter before. It's only real achievement is making complex FPS gameplay playable and enjoyable on the limitations of a joypad with two joysticks.

wiiwoot said:
I'm sorry guys,

I really don't have a problem with Halo, I used to play it on the pc.

I've never played the xbox or xbox 360. I just am so tired of all the hype and have to root for the underdog.

I get a weird kick out of doing this. It's like telling somebody that lord of the rings or star wars sucks and watching them get all upset.

I pulled the halo stuff off the web and thought it would rile you all up, I didn't even know what it meant.
....stupid.

Yes, there are advertisements. I'm sure that being able to check the weather on weather.com FOR FREE, from ANY COMPUTER, is definitely more expensive than buying a Wii...wait, no it's not! The Wii is $250 and will eventually demand a monthly fee for their "services." How can this be?!?! Could Nintendo be offering a useless product. What would the GBA-GCN Link Cable, the Gameboy Printer, the N64 Transfer Pack, DS Rumble Pack, Wireless Link Cable, NES Arcade Stick, DK Bongos, and the Gameboy Camera think?

how bout the fact t hat even though you whine about how much the ps3 costs you have to buy the hd dvd drive and attach it to the 360,

also,

the weather is neat, and pretty useless. I prefer to look outside instead

How did the HD DVD drive get involved? You are of course assuming I want one, which I don't right now. Your arguments are as random and meaningless as the online aspects of the Wii.

By your own admission it sounds as if you are a PC gamer. This entire thread is dealing with the CONSOLE WAR. So Mr. "I played Halo on the PC once" start making sense and stop trying to pretend you know what you're talking about. Stick to the things you do know, like Oregon Trail.

How 'bout the fact that even though you whine about how much the ps3 costs, you have to buy the hd dvd drive and attach it to the 360?
Hey look! I added punctuations to his post!
Anyway, as random as this question is, I'll answer it by saying that many people simply don't care about HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

the weather is neat, and pretty useless. I prefer to look outside instead
And this sentence confuses me to no end.

my post about the hd dvd drive is in response to the thing about nintendo putting out external devices that they charge you for, meaning everybody does it

as far as hd-dvd and blue ray if you have an hdtv you'll understand why these are nice.
I just bought a $2200 plasma and have seen hdtv on it, and I can't go back, whichever of these wins their own little war, they are awesome and much needed in the days of 5 disc per season tv show dvd box sets

as far as punctuation goes, why do you gotta hate?

as far as the weather comment, that was in response to all the talk earlier in this thread about the wii weather function, which although neat, is pretty useless i'll give you that

what it all comes down to in the console war is what you are looking for

if you like fun party games for little money with novelty controllers the wii is for you

if you are interested in the future possibilities of awesome graphics and want a blue ray player (when most cost like 1000) than the ps3 is for you

and finally, if you live with your parents at the age of 29, masterbate with your own tears, and are going to dress up as master cheif at your wedding when the mail order bride comes in then the xbox 360 is for you

Last edited:
Little money? 250+60(3). $430 is not a little money. That is, assuming you completely avoid all the classic controllers.

spudlyff8fan said:
Little money? 250+60(3). $430 is not a little money. That is, assuming you completely avoid all the classic controllers.

you buy the console for 250 which comes with one wiimote and a nunchuck
then you can buy another set for 60, so we are up to 310, most games that are more than 2 people just use the wiimote, so if you want more you spend 40 per wiimote

now, as with any console extra controllers do cost money, but the base price is cheaper, plus it comes with wireless internet so you don't have to pay for a better package than the "core" system to get that

as far as classic controllers, if you wanna buy them for gamecube games, you can use your gamecube controllers, if you wanna buy them for the games you download, the wiimote turns sideways which works like an nes controller and you can use the gamecube controller for everything else

What the hell is going on here. I go off and work for countless days, and work like a slave and I come back to this. Who the hell is this dude Wiiwoot? And what the hell is he tlaking about? I know I am not one to talk but you guys are ganging up on him. That is not fare.

Any way on to more pressing matters like the Spartan Laser Gun thats gonna be in Halo 3. Or The fact that I really made you have to buy Crackdown to get the Halo 3 Beta.

O and in refferacne to Jonas comment about Halo 3 taking over the holiday you may be on to something. Gears just sold through 3 million copies. And if Nintendo and Sony can not come with the hot games this holiday they will hvae big probmles................okay the last few words were on purpose.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
What the hell is going on here. I go off and work for countless days, and work like a slave and I come back to this. Who the hell is this dude Wiiwoot? And what the hell is he tlaking about? I know I am not one to talk but you guys are ganging up on him. That is not fare.

Any way on to more pressing matters like the Spartan Laser Gun thats gonna be in Halo 3. Or The fact that I really made you have to buy Crackdown to get the Halo 3 Beta.

O and in refferacne to Jonas comment about Halo 3 taking over the holiday you may be on to something. Gears just sold through 3 million copies. And if Nintendo and Sony can not come with the hot games this holiday they will hvae big probmles................okay the last few words were on purpose.
Don't worry about him, he's just a regular idiot.

as far as punctuation goes, why do you gotta hate?
Cuz the Colts are going to be in the Superbowl, and I've been having a crappy week.
And you're kind of an idiot.

I know I am not one to talk but you guys are ganging up on him. That is not fare.
Really Luda? After he said this?
if you live with your parents at the age of 29, masterbate with your own tears, and are going to dress up as master cheif at your wedding when the mail order bride comes in then the xbox 360 is for you
And how do you masturbate with tears?

I dunno how you masturbate with tears...

But couldn't it be said just as easily (and accurately) that "if you want to clench on to your passed youth, wearing a propeller hat and striped shirt, barely covering your hairy chest, but leaving your over-sized belly sticking out with a large wadd of lint dangling out the hole as you scratch your chapped ass with a lollipop you immediately stick back into your mouth with the hair still attached, as you send four dollars to Statefarm from your Leeminaid stand in order to prevent cooties, then the Wii is for you?"

I personally don't think this would apply to anyone outside of Wiiwoot.

Last edited:
My thumbs up goes to no next-gen console at this point....Can i admit that i would use the 360 more than the others??....Yes, i think i can at this point.....But not because of innovations like the Vision Camera or things like that.....I can say that 360 seems to be the first out of the gate for everything besides an internet browser as of late........But with the things the other consoles are offering, that alone makes it hard to choose at the moment

Yes it is hard to tell at the momment. But I'm gonna say it now, Sony can pack it up a leave town. Give the belt to MS or NIntendo and thank you all for coming out.

I heard a rumor, just a rumor that MGS4 may not come this year. And it could be posible that Kindom Hearts could be on the 360. If that is the case then Sony needs to leave town. How can you compete with Xbox already at 10.4 million units Sold, and the Wii with upwards of 4 million sold. HOW I ASK, HOW? If Konami can not get out MGS4 this year what games should anyone look foward to this year that is not already on the 360 or coming at the same time. GRAW2 has been delayed, GTHD was dropped and GT5 will be another 3 years before it comes. FFXIII wont be around for 2-3 years. (O and did I mention that the Wii is getting Scarface and the Godfather before the Summer.) If MS and Nintendo can keep doing what they are doing what can Sony do. They have yet barly get over the Million mark, in Japan. The Wii sold almost double what the PS3 did just in the month of December and it was release a month later.

So I will be the first to say Sony, You Lost, Your Dead, Game Over. No respawn, no continue, no more credits.

wow, this thread is brutal! awesome! I'd have to agree with the Prince of Ludas. Just about everything thats released these days will be out on at least 2 systems. Games are costing more and more to make and therefore cross-platforming caould make or break a developer. Not to mention the horror stories i've heard about the PS3's heralded cell processors. Its an overpriced P.O.S., but i'm in the process of send my 360 back to Bill Gates for repairs so i guess nobodys perfect.......

Nintendo Is They are perfect...........Ok that was a lie. But I have yet to run into 360 problems and I hope I don't. My Wii froze on me while on the Inteernet. And I'm bout ready to get rid of my 60gig for the fact that I think it just broke my iPod. THAT IS A BIG NO NO. If I can't fix the problem bye bye PS3

The only console I had last generation that lasted me throughout the generation is my good ol' Xbox. I went through 2 PS2s and 3 Cubes.

You had failing Cubes? That's the first I've heard about that... how many other people had failing cube or friends with failing cubes? I've heard a lot about PS2's crapping out, though mine has yet to show it's age, but never have I seen or heard until this moment any mention of Cubes crapping out.