xbox360, could it win the counsil war??

i did some math on the ps3, if there are going to ship out 2 million units, and that will cost $200, they would be loosing about ten thousand dollers. but i dont know how you would see how much money playstation will loose, since my brain is on summer. so i just divided 2,000,000. by $200.
and then to see what i would get multipling i got 4e+80...................wait what? anyways ill work on this tell i finaly figure out what im doing,

yea, even if sony has a ps3 flop, they will still get more money off of tvs and computar monitors and stuff like that.

No. They'll almost immediately make their losses back. Like I said, Sony is selling the disks that everything Bluray is based off of. Sony is going to be making money when they sell the disks, then getting more from the kick back on each game. They make money in EVERY POSSIBLE WAY for everything related to the PS3.

Yea Sony will not be going bankrupt or nothing of the sort anythime in the near future. They will make their money some kinda of way. I mean it's a business and they all make bad choices and good ones. But it does nothing for us.

I did not think in the summer that the 360 could win this war, when the Saturn was outselling the 360 in numbers of consoles sold per week in Japan.

Spuds, now that we have an article about confirmed and speculated games that are either going cross-platform or exclusive to 360 and leaving the PS exclusiveness, do you think that will have any effect on this next year of the war?

Keep in mind the other titles that are for the 360 like Halo3 and Fable 2 and others that I can't think of right now.

If online really matters, X360 wins thanks to the glory of Live. Luckily for them, Sony has little to impress anyone with, and Nintendo is staying too cautious to make their free network any where near as robust as Live.

If graphics really matter, X360 strikes it even with Sony since getting a whole generation out of the way means the graphics will likely appear about even for the next few years. Luckily for them, graphics are getting so good that the difference is quickly becoming only clear when one comapany spends peanuts on development when another has spent serious cash. We may be nearing the point where "better graphics" becomes as important to the consumer as "superior special effects" are in films.

If control innovation really matters, X360 loses for being the machine built specifically to play last year's games with more horsepower. Luckily for them, there will always be hardcore gamers and casual players who only want Madden and Halo.

Microsoft has a great chance, especially with Halo 3 in their pocket and Sony's price far out of even the imagination of most gamers.

It's possible that the PS3 could come up with a good online setup, but not much people think that it could be as good as Live.

Unless they copied it...

If Sony does come out with an XBL clone that is on par with the Microsoft version it will probably be too little, too late.

And as for the Wii internet capabilities, a few people at work pointed out that it is almost identical to the old WebTV product that failed miserably. People don't care to surf the net on their GAMING console or tv. You don't get a Wii because you want to know the weather. You just change the channel or use your PC. I think that's why Microsoft has been careful to steer clear of browing when it comes to XBL.

I don't really think it'd be too little too late. I mean, it isn't going to make the PS3 worse. And it isn't like this is in any way inconceivable. If the PS3 did have a Live-like clone, it'd seriously make the PS3 alot better.

Offering anything like that could make it better, but falling short of expectations (anything less than XBL will just not do) will only upset loyal gamers and make them wish for xbl. But you're right. Offering anything decent will add another feature to the PS3 cap.

Well, Xbox Live is really a very simple concept that the PS3 already has most of. The PS3 already has downloadable content and demos. There's gonna be a Live Arcade-esque thing. The only thing that it's lacking is the ability to communicate/view friends at all times, regardless of game. That's a big thing, and it's what sets Live apart from the rest, but that's all that the PS3 doesn't have.

Here is the thing. XBL (360) was up for a year. And XBL has been around since the Xbox days. And all the perks it now has, is because it was a year (or years) grow. The download games and or anything while playing games was not a feture when I bought my 360. But that is not the point. If Sony wants to compete in the online front now is the time. If your a gamer just now getting into the whole online aspect, then the 360 is th choice console. Sony can come through but it needs to come hard or don't come at all. And from personal experience the Playstation Network is nothin compared to XBL anything.

And yes Jonas The Wii dose compare to the WebTV. Only thing I say it inproves on is the fact that to view the weather you don't have to go online. All you have to do is view the channle overview and thats the days forcast. Funny thing is is that if multile users and playing the system and it is in a den or family room, a lot of things the Wii does or will be able to do is pretty cool. And the best part you don't really have to use it.

But don't forget the PS3 has a internet browser on it to. But somehow I use both my Wii and laptop to surf the net.

yes but most people dont have $500 and $600 bucks just lyin around, i admit that most dont 3 & 4 hundred either but its still cheaper aand the 360 has halo wars and halo3, and everyone, not just xbox owners of all ages loved halo and halo2, i played for about a year before i even started to get bored, and the 360 has the best online play.

:marchingb :redflag: :shootings

Halo Junkies what would Xbox do with out you.......I did not love Halo or Halo 2. Good games they were but no love.

And your right Spud damn near every American household had a PS2. Some even had a few PS2's in the house. But i'm not sure if many of those people used or even played games online. The majority of people I know an knew to play games online were the Xbox owners. For some reason or another it seems that if your looking for online anything Xbox is the system of choice. I guess it pays to have a crap load of shooters.

Lemme put it this way:

15000 people played SOCOM 2 at all times before SOCOM 3. 5000 were on at all times after. And Madden is just ridiculous.

The PS2's online capabilities were not neglected by gamers. And hate to tell ya...but nobody plays the crappy shooters online. Try and make a game in Star Wars: Republic Commando.