Xbox 360, Xenon or whatever coming this year

hummm... I do not like this. People are pushing out consoles too quickly. I just gotten my Xbox. What happend to the good ol days when It took 10 years for video game consoles to come out?

I do believe that's a good point. Although I guess most people are curious about the next big thing I don't like to have to be paying 300 to 400 bucks for a new system. If you think that's fast though, the ds came out before the gba peeked in my mind anyways.

Reply to: kurruption:

I do believe that's a good point. Although I guess most people are curious about the next big thing I don't like to have to be paying 300 to 400 bucks for a new system. If you think that's fast though, the ds came out before the gba peeked in my mind anyways.

GBA SP anyway but they aren't different the advance was out for 5 years about. But no consoles aren't coming out to fast the competition is fast paced and anyway its not like the actually game companies are pushing them fast Microsoft is.

Reply to: ActionHank:

hummm... I do not like this. People are pushing out consoles too quickly. I just gotten my Xbox. What happend to the good ol days when It took 10 years for video game consoles to come out?

The XBox was released in November 2001. If the new console is coming out this year, it will have had a four year run (at least). That's not bad at all. The PS2 was release in October 2000, so it will have had about five years. Plenty of time. Considering that technology cycles are roughly 18 months (Moore's Law), consoles move at a positively glacial pace. Most car companies update their models faster than this.

I love it when a new round of consoles come out. I'm generally too poor to own more than one, maybe two current-gen systems (right now I have a GC and a PS2, and I only got the PS2 less than a year ago), so new consoles means I can go and buy all those games I missed for cheap cheap cheap. I hated to see the Dreamcast die but loved buying all those games for $3 each. I personally can't wait.

If you guys aren't already clued-up on the stats for the incoming Xbox 2/Nextbox/Xenon...or whatever Microsoft decide to call it...you can feast your eyes on them here:

[a]http://www.mygamer.com/index.php?platform=&publisher=&developer=&game=&page=articles&mode=viewarticles&id=91[aa]Microsoft Confirms its Commitment[/a]

Enjoy!