X-men Sucked

PrinceLUDA21

Registered
Apr 18, 2006
Philly
I will not ruin the movie for thoes who wish to waste 2 1/2 hrs on the suspect of a movie. Point is the movie suked balls. In everyway you can think of. I'd rather watch Hulk and War of the Worlds then see that again. After this weekend i'll explain but for now I'm pissed

Damn Man.....now i will wait for the DVD, which should be out pretty soon....I figured it would have it's good points, but really, i'm not much of a movie-goer as i used to be....before i put together my home theater system....and anybody that says its not the same as the theater needs to try putting together their own custom system........Thanks for the heads-up Prince, i normally don't listen to people's views of new movies, but i had a funny feeling about this one!

Dude it had good points it was tilting on FULL BLOWN CRAP and just crap. But the 30 sec ending that came after the credits rolled put the movie in the CRAP HOUSE.

There was about 5 good points and I'd be will to share them but i'll give you one

Wolverine Kick lots of A$$

If you wanna know the others ask me

I'll tell everyybody this. If you'd like Go see it and wait till the credits roll and watch the end part. Then you tell me how bad it was. All this does is prove that Bret Ratner Sucks balls in making movies. Singer should done this movies it would have been 10 times better and once you've seen this waste of film you'll understand.

By the way Superman will be great thanks to X3

I saw it this morning and was amazed and befuddled by how rushed and sloppy and just poor the movie was. It was another fantastic example Hollywood making the worst of a bad situation, hiring the most flexible and spineless director, dumbing down a script to third grade proportions, and rushing a production to meet a silly summer deadline. I couldn't stay till after the credits so I don't know what Price is refering to, someone please tell me what it was (spoilers be damned), but this film really didn't need any help to be poor, the folks making it made sure of that. I agree with Prince that this film will onyl help to fuel the fire of Superman Returns, which looks amazing.

P.S. Brett Ratner is dead to me.

Solitudinarian

Do You Really wanna know. I'll Tell you. Being that I want to be a filmmaker I saw it twice in the same day. I just wanted to make sure I was right to call the movie bad. I was right bad so bad.

**************SPOILER ALERT*******************************************************

Professer X did not die. In the scene when he was talking to Myra and the kids, explaing the ethics of Mutant behavior. Ther was a man. Professer said that the man is unconscious in his mind. And who is to say if we could not transfer the mind of someone else into his. At the end you find out thats what he did so he did not die.

THAT TOTALY SUCKED, Because there wa no need to kill him in the first place. That's what put the movie over the top for me. But the points for killing Scoot Summers HAHAHAHAHA

It wasn't exactly horrific. Dare I say I enjoyed it? Who cares if it wasn't accurate to the comics being as they already took some liberties as is in previous films. And uh, I dunno about anything else. It amused me. Yah.

Why does the movie suck if it doesn't follow the comics. A movie is a movie, not a comic, you should enjoy the movie and be happy that someone attempted to make the movie because you probaly couldn't do it better then him.

It wasn't awful, it was just okay. Basically I put it on the same level with X-Men 1. That movie didn't particularly impress me either. Everyone keeps talking abput the fact that Bryan Singer isn't doing the X-Men movies anymore, but that really doesn't matter to me because I think he's overrated. He's a good director (and I think/hope Superman will be good), but he's not as great as everyone would like to believe. Apt Pupil was average at best, The Usual Suspects was a total letdown, and X-Men was prety much vanilla.

Maverick said:
It wasn't awful, it was just okay. Basically I put it on the same level with X-Men 1. That movie didn't particularly impress me either. Everyone keeps talking abput the fact that Bryan Singer isn't doing the X-Men movies anymore, but that really doesn't matter to me because I think he's overrated. He's a good director (and I think/hope Superman will be good), but he's not as great as everyone would like to believe. Apt Pupil was average at best, The Usual Suspects was a total letdown, and X-Men was prety much vanilla.

I'd agree with you about Apt Pupil, but The Usual Suspects I found to be a unique and fascinating movie that really spins a great yarn of a crime caper filled with original twists and turns.

Now, I haven't seen X-Men 3 yet, but I have noticed a lot of people on the forum with a lot of negative feelings towards the previous X-Men movies. I just don't understand that. Up until these films, super-hero movies were often campy, FX heavy eye-candy with little in the way of subtext or real ideas. Even the original Batman and Superman movies (both of which I really enjoyed) are motivated by a two-dimensional approach of good versus evil.

Bryan Singer changed that with X-Men. The movies he directed really just mirrored our world with the exception of one big what if: What if super-powered individuals really did exist? He used that platform to show the underpinnings of our own fears and bigotries (like the comics did) while placing it in an entirely believable realm (where no one was fighting crime wearing spandex). Subtext aside, he managed to work with the well-written scripts to deliver a good adventure story of unappreciated heroes and tortured villains which is no mean feat.

I'll reserve judgment on the latest film until I see it, and from what a friend of mine told me, it wasn't the work of the director that made it so blah in terms of the reviews I've been seeing. However, Singer has done some exceptionally sound work, and it I really don't feel it's just hype (besides, House M.D. is one of my current favorite shows).

I am also a hardcore X-man fan who follows the comics and I have to say the movie was not bad. In my head I am still contemplating just how much I liked the movie, but I have to give Brett Ratner props for having the balls to take the movie the way he did. Here are my thoughts on the movie.

SOME SPOILERS SO WATCH OUT!!!!!111

- I think the way they took Phoenix was a mistake. She was very one dimensional, which the Dark Phoenix was not. Plus, why kill Jean Grey to bring her back, just to kill her again. Though she did have a bunch of cool scenes.
- Wolverine cried a lot, The Wolverine does not friggin Cry?!?
- Grammar did a awesome job with what he had to work with. The beast costume look little goofy in some parts of the movie, and they should of lavished more on his fighting prowess.
- Bout time they gave Storm a actual place in the movie.
-Cyclops's death was completely random and really uncalled for it did absolutely nothing to the overall plot.
- The Juggernaut was awesome. I wanted to see Colossus duke it out with him though. And yes he does say "I'm The Juggernaut Bitch!"

Bret Rather and Bryan Singer are polar opposites as directors and it shows. I think Singer focused more on fighting and Ratner focused more on the powers. The reason why this movie did not reach its full potential is because the script sucked ass. There was absolutly no character development and when characters started dying it was like it was not a big deal. In the end I feel the movie had more hits than misses, but I also agree that the movie had alot of botched up scenes.

This movie got just as much wrong as it got right. Singer fusked up the Xmen lore in the first two movies as well.

This wasn't a horrid movie. Not as bad as Silent Hill at least.

It is like Hank read my mind. I have been thinking the exact same things. Honestly, I enjoyed it- I never sat there and said "I paid money for this" like I did with Daredevil... and Silent Hill.

Last edited:
They made Magneto too evil. If you read the comics, Magneto has more than his share of moments of compassion and goodness. He wasn't just the girl-manipulating, Mystique-banging, troop-sacrificing demon they made him in the movie...

Magneto is a complex character. The movie has him as a pretty cut/paste, standard ruthless villain.

Compared to what the movie SHOULD have been, it was horrible. Compared to the usual garbage that flows out of Hollywood, it was decent. The cinematography was moderate, the effects were laid on thick and the wrong things were focused on.

Warning, some spoilers below:

I agree with Spuds on the point of Magneto. The only thing they did right about him was what he said about regretting Xavier's death. Otherwise they made him very different from his complex character even in the first books.

Cyclops should not have died. Granted, I had never been thrilled with the movie version of him, but in the comix it fell to him to be the leader after the Prof left. What that did to him and his relationships within the Xmen has made for some very interesting plots. The fact that Halle Berry is not the leader of the Xmen absolutely sucks. Besides, Storm has never been like she was portrayed in the movies. She should have been strong and not scared of normal humans. (she was worshipped as a goddess and had a mohawk, that's pretty hardcore!)

Grammar did decent with what he had to deal with. The suit looked like, well, a suit the entire time. They should've just gone full on Beast (where he looks more feline). I did like where he became liason to the White House. That was cool.

Iceman's transformation was horrible. What did they do for that effect? Take the plastic toy and pose it? It was horrible.Colossus and Juggernaut should've fought. I was disappointed that they didn't. Since they took so many other liberties with costumes and such in the movies, they should've just dropped his helmet too.

They also botched Wolverine's character. He's not so gaga over Jean that he would simply forget Cyclops for half the movie. He found his shades! He knew he had been there! Scott was their field leader, not someone that can simply be missed for so long. He also wouldn't have cried like a little girl over the prof. Maybe a single tear down the cheek at the funeral, but not weeping more than Storm.

I thought the adaptation of Phoenix was creative, but lacking. The comic book version would've been too much to adapt to movie unless the entire movie was about her. Personally, they should've just left her out of this movie completely, developed the relationship between Logan and Cyclops that had been developing in the first two movies, cut out the sorry rendition of the Danger Room, done some wicked-cool stuff with Iceman (he was one of the original Xmen for Pete's sake), really introduced the sentinels instead of this stupid vaccination, forgotten about Angel (he was kinda pointless anyways), and instead of "spikes from his arms" man, they shouldv'e brought in Omega Red. And fix the Fastball Special. I was throughly disappointed when Colossus twirled Logan up in the air instead of throwing him as in the comix. Do it right or don't do it at all. If they wanted Storm to be a leader too, then they couldv'e very easily had two emergencies (like they do in the comix) and give one team to Cyclops and one to Storm (team A and B). Then you can focus on character development within each group.