wut happened to....

Grantastic75

Registered
Jan 18, 2006
what happened to blizzards xbox's version of starcraft. i know it was comming out, like two years ago. then it just vanished. at first i thought it looked cool and looked like a renter, but then it kept on getting delayed to there was no news on it anymore.
the game looked fun two, you take charge a soilder who...well kills guy's i guess. and the best part is the soilder u played was a girl. but apperently there was no room no room for two kick ass women with high tech stuff. (samus)

I do believe Game Informer said it was cancelled.

hmm "StarCraft: Ghost has been canceled. However, Blizzard has expressed some interest in developing the game again on next-gen consoles."

Well, it was announced at E3 '01. It was then shown off at E3 '02. Between 02 and 03, the developer that was making it keeled over and died. They passed it over to Swinging Ape studios, who planned on making it for all three consoles. It got cancelled for the Cube. And now the whole thing is on indefinite hold. Like Rad said, they're considering whether they should scrap it, go with what they have, or enhance it to the point it'll be a next-gen game.

I think they had a news post on www.Teamxbox.com/ that they cancelled it and are making Xbox 360 games, but I'm not sure if it they're finishing it or not. It'd be cool if they finish it, it looks really good.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
DUDE NO CLUE THAT GAME JUST VANISHED. But dont worry it might turn back up one day. Like Kameo did.

I really hope so, that game looked bad*ss. Couldn't wait to try it on xbl.

lmao cancelled. Man...Probably set this up just to upset all of you.

I didn't keep much track of it. Just knew it's been around for a long time. Did look pretty spiffy though. Oh well. Whatcha gonna do about it?.

I've seen it played on a console, but I don't know which one. They had the screen split and it looked crappy, but it was Starcraft. It may have been on GC.

i love and hate blizzerd so much... they shouold of just did it themselfs insted of outsorcing it..... we whould not get it till 2008 but it whould be amasing and have the sweet nector of blizzard cutsceans.

Last edited:
That game looked really promising... especially the multiplayer, it had a lot of innovative features. However, Blizzard should just focus on a Starcraft 2.

Nope

It's probably never going to come out. The 360's out now and they will probably scrap and start over for the new gen console rather than release it on the xbox.