Would you rent or buy games?

If its worth paying for, I will. As long as it won't go higher than 30$.

Probably the same as you. In fact, I remember buying the cute game slots for Pokemon games. They weren't that expensive to begin with. And collecting them was so much fun. Even now they can still be played for hours at a time. Catching shiny Pokemon has become a thing for players.

If I really love the game and it is not that expensive then I would probably purchase it. But for the expensive one, renting is my option. Renting is good since you can just stop from renting it if you find the game not really good. And sometimes, I may lose an interest in a game which is easier to remove from your phone since you just rent.

Reactions: jeffreyjose48
I rent games of I am trying them out for the first time. However, if I really like the game I end up buying the game so that I can play it whenever I want. My friends and I have a sytem where we each buy different games so we can exchange them. This means I don't have to spend so much money on games.

I did buy a lot of games over the years, but I have never rented and I don't intend to rent my games, I would consider to sell them in the future when I will get bored of them

If I can't afford the console then I can just rent one. Another alternative for some people is to get the pirated one but I've not been luck with that because they tend to be of low quality so I just buy one if I can afford it. It's easy for me to download some mobile games from google play store and this is what I do most of the time.

If I really love the game and it is not that expensive then I would probably purchase it. But for the expensive one, renting is my option. Renting is good since you can just stop from renting it if you find the game not really good. And sometimes, I may lose an interest in a game which is easier to remove from your phone since you just rent.
You're correct. That's also my answer.

The level of enjoyment of a game determine of I will buy or rent a game.if a game is enjoyable and can be played many times then. I will buy them but other games that I just want to play for a short time I will just rent it.

I still prefer to buy instead of renting to a game even if sometimes it was expensive I still save up some so I could have a budget for that. It's more fun to play a game with no time limit,

Yeah i agree with you. There's a lot to buy important things than to rent a games.

Nope, I only played games for Free. Nowadays there are many games that you can download for Free.

If i get the news that it just gut out and hot I wouldn’t buy it cause the price is just high. Yes i can be cheap but i think it strategically I’ll rent it for now but when it got cheaper i will buy it cause with all that money that goes in one game can go to 2 to 3 games and that’s a good deal.

If the reviews are generally good enough, then I’ll typically just buy a game. I used to rent video games when I was a kid, because my family was too poor to afford to just buy every new game that came out. Even though we’re in a better financial situation these days, I still don’t typically buy games at full price.

Being that I’m a PC gamer, I always wait for the Steam seasonal sale before I buy anything. You can get some crazy good offers during those sales, so even if a game turns out to be bad, at least you haven’t spent much money.

If I can't get a used copy of the game, I usually wait for the game to go on sale. I don't like paying the game in full price because the price always goes down a few months after its release. I just play the older titles now while I wait for the price of the ones to decline.

For games that are terribly expensive, renting might be a good option. Nonetheless, there could be a good reason to rent cheaper games also. I mean, games can get boring - kind of like movies, so why keep them around?
When I love a game, I'm buying it. This is because I always love replaying some of my old games. I can't be renting the same game all the time. It's not like games are too expensive I can't afford to buy them.

Back in the early 2000's I did rent video games and also gave out mine for hire and also exchanged my video games for another one which I am also interested in playing.

Currently I just buy whatever I want to play and if I can't afford it at the moment I just go for something else.

I can swap games with a friend of mine in exchange of other games I don't have but would love to play and my friend have it. Other than that, I buy all my games. Most places where they rented games when I was still a teenager had games that were difficult to load because of damaged disc.

For games that are terribly expensive, renting might be a good option. Nonetheless, there could be a good reason to rent cheaper games also. I mean, games can get boring - kind of like movies, so why keep them around?
I have never rented any video games and I'm very sure that it's not something that I would do. I can't afford buying any game that I want to play. It's far more better that way.

I cannot see myself being into renting of video games because it doesn't seem like a smart thing to do now with how easily you can buy video games both online and offline if you are still playing with using disc.