Would you rent or buy games?

Jayson

Registered
Jun 8, 2018
For games that are terribly expensive, renting might be a good option. Nonetheless, there could be a good reason to rent cheaper games also. I mean, games can get boring - kind of like movies, so why keep them around?

I prefer to rent games that are expensive in the sense that it is better is that you rent it instead of having to buy it at a very costly price which is the money that you would have used in getting other things that you want in the gaming room.

Nowadays you can get any game on the net for free, but if your talking about console games then it's cheaper to rent. But here in my country the cheapest way of getting console games is by buying pirated games which cost a $1.

Nowadays you can get any game on the net for free, but if your talking about console games then it's cheaper to rent. But here in my country the cheapest way of getting console games is by buying pirated games which cost a $1.
yup this is true, if you are patient and clever enough you can easily find everything on the internet free of charge, well if you are lame and wants the easy part you can buy pirated ones too, but beware there are a lot of scammers too who sells, not working games

I don't really like renting games, I'm picky with what I want to play and I don't really have the time to play a lot, so I just spend on the games I'm really looking forward to and just save the rest of the money for any future games.

yup this is true, if you are patient and clever enough you can easily find everything on the internet free of charge, well if you are lame and wants the easy part you can buy pirated ones too, but beware there are a lot of scammers too who sells, not working games

When I bought my first modern console, a PlayStation2, I used to buy a lot of pirated games it was pretty cheap then at $2 each compared to an original which cost around $15-$25. I reckon that for $20 either I could get 1 original or 10 pirated, so I bought the latter and had a lot of fun playing all those pirated games but all had minor quirks like certain unimportant features can't be access and some as you said don't run but I just bring it back to exchange for a running one. Nowadays a PS2 pirated game cost $0.40 each and a PS3 a dollar each, while pirated PS4 games cost $2 each.

There are times when I really need an original game this is for games I really like, like Halo and Capcom vs Marvel.

When I bought my first modern console, a PlayStation2, I used to buy a lot of pirated games it was pretty cheap then at $2 each compared to an original which cost around $15-$25. I reckon that for $20 either I could get 1 original or 10 pirated, so I bought the latter and had a lot of fun playing all those pirated games but all had minor quirks like certain unimportant features can't be access and some as you said don't run but I just bring it back to exchange for a running one. Nowadays a PS2 pirated game cost $0.40 each and a PS3 a dollar each, while pirated PS4 games cost $2 each.

There are times when I really need an original game this is for games I really like, like Halo and Capcom vs Marvel.
That is really a cool deal. $1-$2 per game hahaha, I could buy lots of games with that. well I guess this depends of your location, some people don't really have that kind of place which sells pirated copies of games, well if they are clever enough maybe they can look for a online copy then sell their own pirated games hahah,

We don't have rental stores nearby here so I usually just buy my games and I'm okay with that since I prefer to own my games anyway. If I really wanted to save on a game, I'd mostly just wait until the price goes down for it instead and if I really wanted to play the game immediately I'd be more willing to spend full price on it since I got to save a lot on the others that I didn't want as much and was willing to wait for. Also back in the day it was easier to trade games with friends so I never got into renting and nowadays I'd much rather just download them anyway so I find it a bit more convenient to just purchase.

We don't have rental stores nearby here so I usually just buy my games and I'm okay with that since I prefer to own my games anyway. If I really wanted to save on a game, I'd mostly just wait until the price goes down for it instead and if I really wanted to play the game immediately I'd be more willing to spend full price on it since I got to save a lot on the others that I didn't want as much and was willing to wait for. Also back in the day it was easier to trade games with friends so I never got into renting and nowadays I'd much rather just download them anyway so I find it a bit more convenient to just purchase.
hahaha, experienced that too. trading games with friends or classmates because that time games are really expensive and most of the time their price really doesn't drop, so your best option is that find a person who has the game and borrow it, other prefer to trade games than borrow, I used to do this on my Nintendo years.

That is really a cool deal. $1-$2 per game hahaha, I could buy lots of games with that. well I guess this depends of your location, some people don't really have that kind of place which sells pirated copies of games, well if they are clever enough maybe they can look for a online copy then sell their own pirated games hahah,

I'm from the Philippines and there's a lot of pirated games here sold cheaply and I know it's like illegal but noones really looking right haha besides it's only video games. One thing though some options don't work in pirated games and some games doesn't really work so everytime I would buy some, I would 5 or 10 and check it all out first and if it doesn't play then I just bring it back and exchange it for new games.

It all depends on the situation. If you think the game is not for long lasting gaming, then just rent it. If you think the game is for long-lasting gaming and you would want to play it over and over then I think you should buy the game. We all should be wise in spending our money so you should plan or think first before buying anything.

Nowadays games are often free with optional purchases, i usually purchase when i'm hooked with the game and i had fun playing it. Most of the purchases i made are around $2 to $4 bundles which i think is worth it specially when your having fun with the game.

I'd rather buy games that I really like. I used to rent when it was available in our area. But nowadays it's sort of become less accessible due to digital demands. Kind of like what happened to DVD's.

I prefer to rent games that are expensive in the sense that it is better is that you rent it instead of having to buy it at a very costly price which is the money that you would have used in getting other things that you want in the gaming room.

It's a nice idea. Sometimes games can get tiring no matter how good they are. It's like listening to the same music repeatedly. Eventually, you'll tire yourself out. You'd want to try something new.

That's true! Lots of games are free to play. Because you can basically download them on the internet. Though, you'd have to know where to look if you want to play it for free. I'm kind of not good at that. :D

That's me. For sure, I'm not good at finding free stuff online. You'd have to know how to search through various sites. I'm also kind of scared I might download something with a virus. I'm so lame. Hahaha! :D

I don't really like renting games, I'm picky with what I want to play and I don't really have the time to play a lot, so I just spend on the games I'm really looking forward to and just save the rest of the money for any future games.

That's good thinking. There's always a certain advantage to owning an original copy. It's best for games that are played with other people. And really, who doesn't like having a legit game, right? :)

I still prefer to buy instead of renting to a game even if sometimes it was expensive I still save up some so I could have a budget for that. It's more fun to play a game with no time limit,

I love video games a lot and I indulge in the two depending on the money on me.I love to own some games so I can play them over and over again but if I don't have the money available I rent them it's cheaper that way.so it mostly depend on the money available.