Would You Consider Yourself a Good Person?

Muthoni

Registered
Dec 3, 2014
We were discussing this issue with my sister and we came to the conclusion that we are good people. We try to live our lives right and help anyone who needs help if we can. My mom was telling me that there are people who can smile at you and yet they are so full of hatred for you in their hearts. So what do you think?

I'm a good person to good people. On the flip, I'm your worst nightmare if you are a bad person. I do know that people are more charitable than me however even to those who deserve it so I wouldn't say I don't need to do more. The problem is I need to get my life together before I can have the resources available to be much of a help to others. Basically I don't have the time money or attitude that is required.

I like to think that I am, but I know that there are people out there that beg to differ. I like to be nice to nice people and just distance myself whenever I pick up a not-so-nice vibe from someone.

I don't know if I'm a good person. I would like to think I am, since I tend to fit the minimum qualifications that would make others say "That Ockham guy is a good person!" but I also know what goes on in my mind, what my intentions are, and those small almost imperceptible actions of rudeness. It makes me question where I fall on the moral spectrum.

I lack care for people. I don't see most human beings as worthy to be honest. Most of them waste their lives and party and feel some obligation to live by mottos such as "Yolo" or "Swag" which is really idiotic in my opinion. I used to be a nice guy, but that got me nowhere so I stopped caring about morals and being some type of outstanding citizen or something like that. There's no purpose. What, you'll get a cookie from the community and then no one will care about you after that. That's assuming that you can even get to that point. Unless it gains you money, there's no point in it.

I think I am, but only when I find it fair. I don't like being lied to or used, so if someone violates me in some way I am not going to be nice to them. In general, however, I try to be a decent person towards strangers and people that I like.

To be honest, I'd rather be called a decent person than a good one. I'm really not sure how does one define a "good person". I can say however that I am a decent enough person that is particularly scared of karma so I don't do stuff to others that may mean trouble for me. I work hard because I know I can get something good in return. I am polite to others because I want to be treated in the same respect.

I'm a decent person, don't want to call myself good because as every person a live I make a lot of mistakes which I later regret, but I try my best in all I do to be a better person every day.

I have always considered myself a caring person towards others, despite being totally broken inside. Making other people smile or laugh means the world to me.

I think I'm a good person overall. But sometimes, I can be very moody and irritable, like I don't want to talk to anyone because sometimes, people disgust me, specially when they're trying to be pretentious or something like that. But mostly, I'm a nice girl.