Worst game of all time???

JoanMcWench

Registered
Feb 16, 2015
Sometimes when something is horrible it can be entertaining but I think the AVGN really encompasses how I feel when I spend money on a horrible game. Drives me insane! So, let us help people avoid this head explosion by mentioning the worst games of all time.

For myself, as mentioned in another thread, it is E.T. for Atari. A piece of garbage. However, Superman 64 is preeeety close to that one but only because Nintendo 64 was my jam back then & they really lured you in with the Superman motif.

What about you?

I agree. ET has to be in the running for worst game of all time. What an epic fail, there was almost nothing enjoyable about the game. Other games that deserve mention for me include Superman 64, Club Drive and Black Ops Declassified.

Don't know about the worst game of all time, but imo...IMO, Twilight Princess is the very worst official Zelda game! It's dark, there are no octorocks and many of the characters just didn't speak "Zelda" to me.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Shaq Fu. That's another game that lured you in with the promise of basketball & kung fu but left you with a piece of garbage.

Reactions: purplepapaya
Shaq Fu really was a hot steaming mess of failure! I can't believe that there is actually going to be a sequel to this!

I got to play superman 64 and I gave up on it almost immediately. I consider that to be one of the worst games I've ever played if not the worst. It's just so boring and tedious. I'm glad my parents never paid for the game though as I just borrowed it from my friend. I'm sure he regrets that purchase a lot.

Shaq Fu really was a hot steaming mess of failure! I can't believe that there is actually going to be a sequel to this!

I don't know what you're talking about - this is the greatest thing I've ever seen! :eek: Shaq Fu was an incredible concept (in a humorous way) as long as you ignore everything the game actually was when it was released. That's how I look at that game. So basically, I ignore that it ever existed!

Bayou Billy for NES. Seriously, I hate that game.

My childhood best friend and I didn't speak for weeks because of that game. Just hearing the music and watching the video makes my skin crawl. But, on the plus side, this :mad: game was the reason the Game Genie was invented.

The ET game is definitely up there for the worst game of all time. As much as I love Duke Nukem, I am positive that the sequel was one of the worst games that I have ever played.

But that game was so bad that it was good. It is hard for me to explain, but sometimes there are those games that you know deep down inside of your heart are absolutely awful, but you love them for some reason.

But that game was so bad that it was good. It is hard for me to explain, but sometimes there are those games that you know deep down inside of your heart are absolutely awful, but you love them for some reason.

I saw nothing good about that game. It wasn't like a bad z-grade movie for me, it was just boring, useless game.

The "InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask" game. Oh my God, it was so effing bad. Also, you couldn't save where ever, you had to find save points. And finding save points was almost impossible, so good luck saving. And since little 13 year old me was only allowed to play for exactly one hour, the game was hell. I probably replayed the first part of the game 20 times, and yet I never got finish it because I could never get to the save point. Ugh.

Don't know about the worst game of all time, but imo...IMO, Twilight Princess is the very worst official Zelda game! It's dark, there are no octorocks and many of the characters just didn't speak "Zelda" to me.

Are you high? Twilight Princess wasn't the best Zelda game, but it wasn't worse than the Oracle games. They were codeveloped by Capcom. Twilight Princess also set a very good dark tone, that hasn't been matched to this day by any other Zelda games. Anyway, it isn't the worst game ever, not by a long shot.

I think it should go to E.T. The game basically wiped out Atari, the company that looked like it would rule the market at the time.

I can understand where you're coming from with that one but you have to get in the mindset of a kid who saved up money for a fifty dollar piece of garbage & not the mindset of the person who's older & can afford to splurge on garbage for the sake of funny. I think it would be a genius concept to take all these horrible games (that are probably incredibly cheap to buy the rights to) & make them the potentially good games they could have been. That's a market that needs exploring.

Speaking of E.T., I guess the resale value of the game tanked once they uncovered those buried in the landfill. I know that in November of last year, one copy sold for $1,537. A quick look at the value now reveals a much, much lower value.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Shaq Fu. That's another game that lured you in with the promise of basketball & kung fu but left you with a piece of garbage.

Haha. I don't remember this one, but I have to say, I think I would have stayed away.

Speaking of E.T., I guess the resale value of the game tanked once they uncovered those buried in the landfill. I know that in November of last year, one copy sold for $1,537. A quick look at the value now reveals a much, much lower value.
I get that it is a collectable type game, but I will never understand why anyone would pay any type of money for that piece of junk haha.

I can understand where you're coming from with that one but you have to get in the mindset of a kid who saved up money for a fifty dollar piece of garbage & not the mindset of the person who's older & can afford to splurge on garbage for the sake of funny. I think it would be a genius concept to take all these horrible games (that are probably incredibly cheap to buy the rights to) & make them the potentially good games they could have been. That's a market that needs exploring.
Well I did not play that game until I was older so I completely understand what you are saying. I feel like someone somewhere is working on a sequel to Shaq Fu. I feel it in my gut.

A man's trash is another man's treasure, I guess.

I dunno. I guess. But I mean, for me, it doesn't even have the comedy factor that other bad fighting games have. And trust me, I love me some bad fighting games, they are always fun to play with people who play fighters competitively :D