Will I like a Wii?

js85

Registered
Nov 6, 2014
I'm a Nintendo girl at heart, and I've played Wii with some of my friends in a group setting. I don't think of Wii gaming as intensive gaming like PC or Xbox/PS, but would you say it's still entertaining if you're playing single-player?

Well, you wouldn't have much of a choice now. The Wii's online has been shut off totally by Nintendo earlier this year. But the good thing is that it's not like the Wii had much going for it online anyway. But if you're an old school Nintendo lover, yes you'd like it because most of the things that you loved back then were also released on the Wii in some shape or form.

Absolutely, I would. The Wii has a ton of amazing single-player games-- Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower, and Zelda: Skyward Sword to name a few.

I actually play the Wii more than I do my other consoles... because I have a bigger backlog of games for it, haha.

There's plenty of fun games to choose from, especially single player so I'd say is very entertaining and a good choice to go for. The examples from Fang are pretty good ones at that, so make no mistake, you'll have plenty of entertainment with the Wii. Can't go wrong with it.

Sure, it can be pretty entertaining with a few friends or by yourself, but it's definitely not as immersive or intensive than other consoles (In my opinion). The Wii games are usually more light and "arcade-ish". But it all depends on your own personal opinion and what you like I guess.

Wii can be really fun if you know what to do. Wii is also hackable and really easy to hack. It can also play Gameboy Advance, Game Boy, SNES and others. It also can mod some games that can be fun like Smash bros and Mario Kart.

If your looking for single player, I'd say go for it. That's one thing the Wii always had going for it, which is still a lot of fun no matter how old you are. Playing games such as Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, and others like those provide tons of hours worth of fun, you can't ask for much more.

Yeah, the Wii is still entertaining if you're single-player, at least, in my opinion. There are several games you could choose from, like Mario. It's a generic example, but Mario (either MarioKart or New Super Mario Bros.) is still fun single-player or with friends, so you can't go wrong with that. The other games suggested (Sonic, Legend of Zelda, etc.) are fun to play if you're alone, too.

I really wouldn't buy a Wii unless you also enjoy the family-friendly, multiplayer aspect. Of course the single player games are fine for long periods of time, but one of its strongest selling points is the fun you can have with others in my opinion. As long as you get to play with others once in a while it's a great console, though.

I don't see a reason why you wouldn't enjoy a wii. I'm sure you can pick one up for cheap or even used on ebay. That and a extensive number of games available. Sound like it might be worth it.

It was a novel idea but I don't think it hit home with people like Nintendo expected it to. I think it is fun for a short amount of time then it loses its flair. Or for dinner parties or gatherings. I have not played it much. Only at my uncle's house a couple of times. Mario tennis. It was fun.

I think you'll love it. Check out some reviews of games on YouTube and top 25 game list. This will let you see what game interest you before spending money. Also Wii games can be found used now so you'll get a heavy discount. Also, the WiiU can play all Wii games. You might just want to buy a WiiU, best of both worlds.

The Wii is good for playing multiplayer games like Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort Super Smash Brothers Brawl, etc. The Wii doesn't have the best variety of games though like the Xbox or PS. The majority of Wii games are meant for kids, with not many games being violent. Also the Wii is not a high definition console, so the graphics ae no where as good as the Xbox or PS. It really depends what games you and your family are into. If you play games that are violents or enjoy shooting games stick to the Xbox or PS, as most Wii games are rated G and PG.

If your a Nintendo fan, then chances are you'll really love the Wii. There are some genuinely great games out there (Mario Party 8, Mario Kart Wii etc.) that are simply not as enjoyable without a Wii! Also it's a great console if you want to exercise and play video-games simultaneously! (Wii Sports, Wii Fit etc.)

There are a lot of good games you can have fun with as a single player but of course they are dependent on whether or not those exact games appeal to you or not, so I suggest just looking up some of those games first and seeing if they are to your liking.

I think the Wii is just as fun as playing in a group when you are by yourself. I think that you would like a nintendo 3DS better though. The Wii sometimes seems like it is the same thing over again and the games are overly priced. I know 3DS games are expensive too but at least the 3DS is more for playing by yourself. Either way though, they are both fun by yourself. You for sure get to be more active while playing the Wii though.

Listen, I don't encourage piracy, but if you have a decent computer, you could try out Dolphin emulator and hook up a Wii remote to it in order to see whether you'd like a Wii or not. However, once you've done that, I would advise supporting Nintendo and buying their console. If you can save a bit more money, get a Wii U.

I think you will like the Wii for single player games. Games like Zelda and Super Mario Bros are being played by many people that love Nintendo on the Wii, just like me. I play Mario Kart on the Wii often, it's my favorite game actually. There's single player on that game and you can also play with others. You could actually buy the new Wii called Wii U. It's similar to the Nintendo, because there's hand-held controls and it gives off a much more exciting vibe than the regular Wii.