Will Halo ever come to PC?

pcgamer

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
Nearly every Microsoft exclusives has made its way to PC over the course of time. Games like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse have already been available on PC. While Ryse was nothing special, Dead Rising 3 was some serious fun. What do you think about the Halo series? It is ever going to appear on PC?

Halo is already on PC, windows is one of their platforms. Halo is also available on windows phone. Basically anything that can run windows can play halo.

Like Smartdude said above, Halo has already been on the PC. But if you're asking whether or not the upcoming Halo games will be on the PC, I'd say yes. Although, they won't hit it right away. They'll let it run its course on the XB1 first.

Not for at least a few years after release, Microsoft probably wants to make it console exclusive to push people towards buying their crappy Xbox One :/

Halo 1 and 2 are out. Maybe we'll see Halo 3 in a few years time, and Halo 4 in 2025 XD

They delayed the shit out of Halo 2. You had to be following that forever to know that it even came out on PC. Not only that, but it required Games for Windows to play online, so you had to pay to play AND you can't play it online anymore. That game came out around the same time that Halo 3 did as well, which kind of killed the market there.

They already had Halo 1 on the PC and me and a lot of old class mates use to play it during class. It was fun especially on Blood Gulch.

They already had Halo 1 on the PC and me and a lot of old class mates use to play it during class. It was fun especially on Blood Gulch.

Had new maps and weapons too. I remember the huge island and the flame thrower. It was a ton of fun, but in a weird "this isn't the halo I know" way.

I believe all the Halo series is going to appear on PC. Most of the players of the Halo series will be disappointed if it is not available on the pc platform.

I think that it has a good chance of coming to the PC now that the Xbox One has a similar architect to those of PCs. Porting it shouldn't be too hard, maybe a bit of fixing here and there though. But based on Microsoft being the one that goes for the most amount of money, I don't think that they will try to port it because the calculated return that they'll get from PC gamers won't be enough to cover the cost of porting and publishing.

I doubt it. Halo has been one of Microsoft's console sellers and I think it will continue to be, I don't think they'll port it to PC due to xbox one sales. Honestly also based on Master Chief collection and its failures ( huge problems with match making, I've been searching for 3 hours and been unable to find a game, 343i stated if unable to find a game after 5 minutes go back to lobby and try again, and I have been still nothing, being kicked out of campaign) I don't think they should, the servers right now just aren't working, host's for MP games are being migrated to players, and there is way no many problems for such a large release, imagine what would of happened if they also released for PC? it would take forever for everything to be resolved. Plus would halo be multiplayer also on PC? would it be a separate server? all the games are set up for Xbox engine I can't imagine how much money it would cost to port them all to PC.

I believe all the Halo series is going to appear on PC. Most of the players of the Halo series will be disappointed if it is not available on the pc platform.
Most of the Halo players are on Microsoft's platform. Why would they be angry? I suppose they will be angry when they see their favorite game coming to PC in near future. I can only hope that Microsoft gives this fanchise green light on PC once again.

I'm guessing u meant Halo: the Master Chief Collection, because every Halo game released so far has been available for PC since their debut, as a matter of fact, the PC versions are far better sellers than their Xbox counter parts. According to IGN the Master Chief Collection will be avalable for the Chrismas rush, of course they haven't corruberated the story with actual documentation from Microsoft.

I'm guessing u meant Halo: the Master Chief Collection, because every Halo game released so far has been available for PC since their debut, as a matter of fact, the PC versions are far better sellers than their Xbox counter parts. According to IGN the Master Chief Collection will be avalable for the Chrismas rush, of course they haven't corruberated the story with actual documentation from Microsoft.

2 out of 5 is not all.

I agree, usually every game somehow makes its way over to PC, So I say it definitely will it just might take a little bit more time then the others to make its way over since it is such a high tech well functioning game.

I agree, usually every game somehow makes its way over to PC, So I say it definitely will it just might take a little bit more time then the others to make its way over since it is such a high tech well functioning game.

You need to remember that most of the games make their way to PC, but PS4 exclusives and some of Xbox exclusives never come to PC. Halo,being a number 1 Microsoft property, doesn't have much chance to see the light of the day on PC.