Why do you think the Wii is more popular than Kinect?

I think Nintendo has a bigger brand recognition than Xbox, since I don't even know what brand that is. Microsoft, I think? I don't really play anything besides Nintendo, although I did play Kinect once. I just felt really uncomfortable knowing there was a camera watching my every movement, but I'm slightly paranoid anyways. I also think a lot of people feel more comfortable with a controller because that's what has been used for years.

I think if Microsoft saw the Kinect as more than something to match Nintendo with it could possibly surpass what Wii has introduced. I don't ever see that happening though because, simply put, the money for them is in the online playing shooters.

Truly, I think when it comes to the Wii mote, the other companies tried their damnedest to imitate it and could on utilize a SLITHER of it's compatibilities. You hardly hear anything else about the Playstation Move and Xbox pretty much abandoned their Kinect last year. (All this AFTER saying in interviews that they're going to take it over leaps and bounds and make it seller! Riiiight, good luck with that Microsoft.)

Nintendo knew what they were doing when they had a physical object be the controller along with your motions. It was probably factored in that just the person themselves as the controller would be buggy, since we all aren't made equally. Thus, the controller remedied that. Anyone can use a controller, no need to factor in weight/height when trying to dance or snowboard. Problem solved.