Who plays online?

SeanXor

Registered
Apr 16, 2006
Indianapolis
seanxor.1up.com
The PS2 does not have all of the X-box live support, but there is still a lot of fun to be had online with the PS2.

So who plays online and what do you play?

The games I am playing online right now are Metal Gear Online, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat , and Call of Duty 2. I occasionally will put in Jak X as well.

I've played TS:FP online and BF2:MC online.

It's a lot of fun at times... but occasionally you get someone who can take an entire clip to the face.. then a couple of grenades.. and walks away seemingly unharmed. Needless to say.. that's really annoying.

It's all about Madden and Socom!

I think that Socom really has the best online gameplay and doesn't have any competition yet for the online mode for the PS2

For the past year i've done nothing but play online games. I'm kinda taking a break and getting caught up with the game's ive bought over the last year and haven't played. When I do play online its usually Socom 2 and 3, MGS3: Persitance, Tony Hawk, Mortal Kombat, and sometimes Madden.

i pretty much only play online... I dont really like off line games/ game modes.... I used to play socom 2 online 24/7 but not that much since socom 3 came out... socom 3 sucks.. and those are the only games i really play.

I play SOCOM 3 online a lot. I'd say if you belong to an online ladder like gamebattles, it's probably one of the best online experiences on any console... right up there with Halo 2.

I play socom 2 and socom 3 online. Somtimes I'll get on KillZone, to answer your question, no xbox live has a lot more online options then ps2. But there is on clear reason for this, Xbox Live has monthly fee for their service while Ps2 charges nothing. I am quite impressed with the ps2's online gaming, there isn't much lag and a lot of people play it.

I've been playing PS2 online for a while (little over 3 years, i think...)

I've enjoyed Rainbow Six 3, KillZone, Black Hawk Down, TimeSplitters, Splinter Cell PT, and Socom 2...

I played a few others online (didn't enjoys these thought) like Star Wars BF, GR2, and Rainbow LD because of the lag and the online graphix...

Though I really don't like Socom 3, I find myself kill'n time and hanging out with my fellow clans on it most of the time...

Can't wait for America's Army to get here on May 30th, it's going to be a great FPS....

Peace,

i hope its a great fps or im getting my money back hehehe but i just sttarted playing on line like in december so i havnt really played many online fps or 3rdperson shooter games

OP3 NinjaMan said:
Though I really don't like Socom 3, I find myself kill'n time and hanging out with my fellow clans on it most of the time...

Same here..

Some people on SOCOM 3 are ridiculous though. Camping in their spawn room all round.. 11 rounds in a row? (No-explosives match)

Elite Gamer said:
Same here..

Some people on SOCOM 3 are ridiculous though. Camping in their spawn room all round.. 11 rounds in a row? (No-explosives match)

And that is why I hate Socom 3.

Stupid thing is some people would probably defend such actions, claiming they were just playing tactically.

Imagine if it was like that in real life.

-------------------------------------------------
Some briefing room

Commander - Alpha team arrives on the roof via helo, meanwhile Bravo team works their way through the sewers. Charlie team will ....

Soldier - Actually sir I have a better plan

Commander - What is it soldier?

Soldier - We sit here and wait for them to come to us!