Who is playing Eve Online?

King Draco

Registered
Feb 6, 2015
I have played this mmorpg for a while. It is one of the best in my opinion. This game is worth talking about.

I wanted to play this so badly before! I tried a couple years ago. Sadly, they do not have it for Mac. I tried downloading and using Windows, but it lagged way too much. If they have made a change for Mac or if you know how to make it work properly I would greatly appreciate you telling me :)

I wanted to play this so badly before! I tried a couple years ago. Sadly, they do not have it for Mac. I tried downloading and using Windows, but it lagged way too much. If they have made a change for Mac or if you know how to make it work properly I would greatly appreciate you telling me :)

I know, The first time I heard of the game, I downloaded on a PC. It lagged so much I had to just delete it. The good news is that they do have it for MAC!!!, Go to the download page, right under the "Download for PC" there is a option for Mac clients.

Reactions: blur92
Nice!! I'm so excited now. When did they provide an option for Mac? It must have been in the past year or two unless I somehow missed it.

I tried it and couldn't get into it. It seemed overly complex. At the time I was playing Age of Conan which has a beautifully gentle learning curve. EVE seemed to me to be difficult to grasp with little or no "tutorial"-like levels where I could get a feel for how things played out.

I think also because it has been out for so long and is perpetual the idea of the Guilds they have in-game can be daunting.

I'm not ruling out never trying it again. That it is still going when other MMOs have fallen away, and that is it bloody spcaeships(!) is enough to keep it firmly on my radar.

I like the premise of EVE, and definitely was a spiritual successor to games like ELITE.. but if you got in after the first 2 years, you were forever going to be a sheep. There is no catchup mechanism and the skill system assures that you always be behind. I think WOW has gone too far in the other direction as far as fast catch-up mechanisms.. but i also don´t want ot log into a game and know I am a peon forever

Reactions: alsarcastic
I never got the impression that it was that complicated. Then again, I probably only completed 10 minutes of game play. It lagged to the point of making it impossible so I gave up.

Eve Online is not "Catch up" Game. You have to work for what you earn in-game. The complexity of the game is what interest me. Everything about it I find it to be oh so good. I believe the Apple came out within the last 3 years

Eve Online is not "Catch up" Game. You have to work for what you earn in-game. The complexity of the game is what interest me. Everything about it I find it to be oh so good. I believe the Apple came out within the last 3 years

What is so complex about it? It appealed to me originally because it seemed to be a one of a kind game. Moreover, I liked that anime style, although I am not actually into anime! :D However, I never imagined it being complicated. I know that in most games you earn what you work for. That's pretty normal and nothing complex to me.

Are we talking about the same game? Space combat, offline skill system?

There is no ´work for it´.. you simply set which skill you want to raise and it raises over time, in real time even if you are offline.. There is nothing you can do to alter it The only ´work for it´ is that you had to be subscribed longer.. I person could have been subscribed for 5 years and play 5 minutes a day and be much more powerful than a person who played 4 years for 12 hours a day as long as he remembered to set his skills to ´gain´ while he wasn´t playing.

It is semi-complex because there are a huge amount of skills with a lot of synergies, so if you are new to the game it looks daunting when you see all those abilities to choose from. Other than that, the game is pretty simple. Most of the bigger combat involves just using 1 or 2 skills. It seems cool when you have 100 v 100 battles, but each of those 200 people is actually doing very little outside of 1 button.

There is no ´work for it´.. you simply set which skill you want to raise and it raises over time, in real time even if you are offline.. There is nothing you can do to alter it The only ´work for it´ is that you had to be subscribed longer.. I person could have been subscribed for 5 years and play 5 minutes a day and be much more powerful than a person who played 4 years for 12 hours a day as long as he remembered to set his skills to ´gain´ while he wasn´t playing.

It is semi-complex because there are a huge amount of skills with a lot of synergies, so if you are new to the game it looks daunting when you see all those abilities to choose from. Other than that, the game is pretty simple. Most of the bigger combat involves just using 1 or 2 skills. It seems cool when you have 100 v 100 battles, but each of those 200 people is actually doing very little outside of 1 button.

Wait, skills can increase while the person is not playing by changing a setting that allows it to? I do not know if I like that idea. To me, that seems a bit like cheating. 'Cheating' is not the exact term I want to use, but hopefully it adequately expresses what I mean.

The part about raising the skill over time online makes sense to me. If you engage in activities to improve performance and rank for a specified skill then it is basically like most other games.

Oh, on second thought I could be completely wrong. I missed what you said in the first line. I am so sorry! I feel very idiotic now. I have been talking about a completely different game :/ hopefully you all get a good laugh out of this.

Oh, on second thought I could be completely wrong. I missed what you said in the first line. I am so sorry! I feel very idiotic now. I have been talking about a completely different game :/ hopefully you all get a good laugh out of this.

Haha, It's alright. Not alot of people have heard of the game to begin with. I consider it to be really fun. Plenty of updates, Bustling economy. You really can't go wrong with a space mmorpg

Haha, It's alright. Not alot of people have heard of the game to begin with. I consider it to be really fun. Plenty of updates, Bustling economy. You really can't go wrong with a space mmorpg

Well, maybe I should give it a shot. I talked about it like I had played it anyways :D

I've been looking for a good mmorpg to try. This might just be the one to have me hooked to gaming again.

Reactions: King Draco
Well, maybe I should give it a shot. I talked about it like I had played it anyways :D

I've been looking for a good mmorpg to try. This might just be the one to have me hooked to gaming again.

If anything, watch a couple of youtube vid's on the game, the download file is really long lol xD