who is going to get it?

socom3playa

Registered
Apr 29, 2006
alright....so now that we all know that this ps3 is going to be costing quite a pretty penny...who is still going to be getting it? I am a huge playstation fan..but im sry i dont have $600 just laying around...i think im just gonna get the 360 now...or maybe the Wii when it comes out....even though ps3 is going to kick some ass

Just like the digital SLR cameras, one day.... When either inflation catches up to the price and $600 is nothing or they lower their price because no one ever wants to spend that much money on a system.

I'll reserve one and think about getting one. Or I might get it and sell it on ebay. Tripple my profit. So I can buy more Wii and 360 games. Yea thats what I'll do.

*counting the fake money i will be making*

I can play madden on an Xbox 360 and i am betting on Assains creed showing up on PC sometime. The only thing I would be missing is MGS4.

I'll definitely be getting it, regardless of the price. I could do without the 360 for a long time once the PS3 comes out, since the PS3 will be so much better as far as hardware is concerned.

DVeguerialb56 said:
I'll definitely be getting it, regardless of the price. I could do without the 360 for a long time once the PS3 comes out, since the PS3 will be so much better as far as hardware is concerned.

Well make sure your HDTV if you have one ( you better) has HDMI support on it. IF NOT, then go see about getting one put into your TV (if that can be done). IF THAT can't happen. Look forward to buying a brand New HDTV. and remember you have to buy the $599 system. So if you have the money for it then go right a head. But if not how much better in hardware are the 360 and PS3. I know under the hood the PS3 has a lot. But if you think the 360 and the PS3 are not going to be the same in anyway you might be wrong.

So while everyone will be getting the PS3 and not paying their phone bills, or heat. I'll stay with my 360 for cheap and half the games that will make it on 360 as well i'll enjoy. FOOLS

socom3playa said:
alright....so now that we all know that this ps3 is going to be costing quite a pretty penny...who is still going to be getting it? I am a huge playstation fan..but im sry i dont have $600 just laying around...i think im just gonna get the 360 now...or maybe the Wii when it comes out....even though ps3 is going to kick some ass
ya know your a bold face lire! you have 600 bucks. and you know how i know, because if you can get a 360... for 300 bucks and afford its minimal accessories thats 450 pluss 5 games lol... do the math... be patient and afford the better system.

The PS3 may have a little more horse power than the 360 but they are both VERY powerful machines. The 360 and PS3 are already at a level that if one has a couple more gigagazopoes an terazetasuper drives than the other, it wont make anything look that much different.

Playing with the PS3 at E3 I can tell you, graphically It looks no different then the 360. Now granted we weren't physically playing on PS3's but the PS3 dev kits but again once systems get that high up in hardware power, a little more of something really makes no difference, they both look the same.

The 360 will have its killer app games that look absolutely amazing( Gears of War, Halo 3, Too Human) and so will the PS3( Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4, Assasins Creed) and they both will also have the blah average games. Its all in what type of fan and gamer you are.

And to second that, at E3 the PS3 not only didnt impress me but didn't really impress anyone. So to add a little fire to the debate, I will pass a PS3 and keep my 360 and get a Wii.

Last edited:
silent_storm said:
Hehe, so much for you being a Wii warrior. lol

I'll always be a Wii Warrior. Don't doubt me. Every Nintendo system I have ( even Virtual Boy) I'm a ride or Die nintendo Fan boy. But I enjoy other systems because i enjoy games. Nintendo can't make me happy all the time.

Hell Yea

Imma get the PS3 at launch. To me the PS3 is (hardware speaking) is the best. With Blu-Ray Discs it can hold more then 10 times more then the Xbox 360 and the Wii. Who here doesn't love a longger game or more content. I actually believe the Blu-Ray Disc Player in the PS3, and of couse the games, will sell the Sony. So yea imma get it still even if the price it alittle steap.

But it does not mean it will be longer games. Blu-Ray is great for games but it DOSE NOT MEAN WE WILL GET LONGER GAMES. If they are making a game for the 360 and PS3 there may be extra content but will that make the game longer. I played many games in my day. RE5 was very long MGS3 was long. It's all about what the developers do with the time. You can make a game feel long and it does not have to me. For exapmle I said MGS3 was long. I beat the game in 12hrs but it felt like it took forever. So again SOME ONE TELL BE WHAT SONY IS DOING SO DIFFERENT THIS TIME AROUND AND BLU-RAY CANT BE THE ONLY THING.