Which PC games are good for younger Kids?

Zyni

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
Does anybody have some suggestions for good games for younger kids? Gaming can be great for hand eye coordination as well as other skills. Of course, I think kids should always be supervised and their game time limited, but games can teach a lot.

I don't really know of any PC games that are specifically designed for teaching kids that children would actually enjoy playing, but on tablets one of my old teachers when I attended high school created Dragonbox where you basically trick the kid to do algebra by using different symbols than the classic mathy ones and fancy animations. It basically teaches kids as young as four years old to do algebra without them even realizing they're doing math, it's very efficient and insanely clever.

If you're not a native English speaker I learned most of my English from gaming and reading about gaming, anything kid-friendly would do on that front, like Sims.

How young are we talking? Anything that helps them use their imagination would be good for younger kids. Minecraft, Garry's Mod, The Sims, Sim City...basically anything where you have to think. There's lots of good indie puzzle games like The Bridge on Steam. If they're not super young a game like Age of Empires would be good, I learned a lot of history playing that when I was a kid.

How come nobody said Portal yet? Portal is a great puzzle game, and it is family-friendly. It will require them to solve harder and harder puzzles, which is good for obvious reasons. Other than that, The Sims games, racing games maybe, strategies like total war, or age of empires once they're a bit older. There are really many games that are family friendly, that juniors can play.