Which 'Legendary' Game Series Have You Never Played?

Stay Puft

Registered
Sep 21, 2015
Canada
There are certain game series that are legendary in the fact that everyone talks about them.

I'm talking about game series like Halo, Call of Duty, God of War, Grand Theft Auto, etc... You get the idea. The AAA titles that always sell very well, they get rave reviews and are generally adored by the gaming community. I've barely (or not) played any of those games.

I've been gaming since around 1985, so it's safe to say that I've probably played hundreds of games over the years. That being said, I've never played any of the Halo games. I mean, I've seen it, I may have tried it at a friend's house for a half hour or something, but Halo releases have come and gone without me ever purchasing even one game from the series. At this point, there are so many Halo games that I wouldn't even know where to start, so I probably won't bother. It's not that it doesn't look fun, it just seems like a huge endeavour to get into it now.

The same goes for Call of Duty, apart from the single player campaign and a bit of multiplayer in CoD: MW2, I've never played a CoD game. I swear I don't have anything against FPS, I just never bothered with the sequels. It seems to me that if you don't hop on the multiplayer from the start, you'll always be at a disadvantage so I never bothered.

So what about you? Which series do you constantly hear about that you've never played?

I've never played any of those, to be honest. No real desire to, either. I tend to play franchise-based/nogstalgia-related games, come to think of it. The ones I truly keep up with these days being the Arkham games (which just finished up), Kingdom Hearts, Pokemon. Some of the Lego games. But I'm not big on the Halo/Call Of Duty type games.

Reactions: Stay Puft
I've never played halo or destiny, they're just games that don't appeal to me at all, and I've never even played them for one second, not even in the store to try.

I think people in general do tend to stick with the genres they know most of the time and when new games are brought our it can be an issue to get people to try something new.

@MandyMarieB and @pwarbi but there's got to be something to these games if they are so insanely popular. I'm the same way, I kind of have no interest in competitive multiplayer, which to me seems like CoD and Halo are all about. I have no clue what Destiny is even about as I'm like @pwarbi where I haven't even played it for a second. I hear a lot about MOBAs and League of Legends, and same thing in terms of having no clue what they are even about. Just doesn't appeal to me that much.

Now that I think of it, I've never played World of Warcraft either. I swear I'm a gamer though... :)

I've never played Final Fantasy or Grand Theft Auto. I really don't have any desire to play them either.

I've never played Final Fantasy or Grand Theft Auto. I really don't have any desire to play them either.
I am also apparently one of the few that has never played a single minute of any Final Fantasy game. Most people tend to look at me as though I have two heads when I tell them that I have never played any of the games and have no interest in doing so.

I guess in reality, very few people can claim to have played every legendary game simply due to everyone having different tastes.

I've only played a tiny bit of Halo. I've never heard of God of War. I've never played Destiny either or Final Fantasy. But other major titles like CoD, Fallout, GTA, I've played.

I've never played the Mass Effect series. I played half of the first one back when the game came out. After that, I haven't touched any of the games. It sucks because I always hear great things about the series and the DLC it has to offer!

I've never played any of those either. I've also never played any of the Diablo games. I couldn't play the first game because of my vision (the early graphics make my head spin!) so I never got into any of the others either.

Well, this thread has made me feel a whole lot better on missing some of these big name games! :) Seems like I'm not alone on having missed the boat on those AAA titles.

@Avia and @dillinger10 I'm almost in the same boat as you regarding Final Fantasy. The only game I've ever played was the very first one in the Nintendo. The franchise has evolved since then into some crazy stuff, and makes no sense to me when I see clips and reviews and stuff since I just remember being a warrior, a mage and a ninja just going around killing stuff in turn-based combat, lol.

I've never played COD or their spinoffs simply due to the fact that I really don't care too much for military shooter games. That and I had more than enough of my fill of that genre when I played Metal of Honor back in Middle School and from what I seen, I consider Metal of Honor better than COD, in my opinion.

I've never played the Mass Effect series. I played half of the first one back when the game came out. After that, I haven't touched any of the games. It sucks because I always hear great things about the series and the DLC it has to offer!

I can certainly vouch for the first Mass Effect, and highly recommend it. It's actually aged very well, so play it already! ;)

So, looking at everyone's answers, I think I've uncovered the dozen or so people who've never played or bought Call of Duty! We should start an anti-CoD group or something, since we're the last people on Earth who've never played it. ;)

So you all gave me some pretty good examples (mostly CoD though, haha) of popular franchises that you've never played and have no intention to, but let's hear (like @BluBird) about the games that you keep hearing about but wished you had played!

Halo and Call of Lawldy to date so far. I'm not a big fan of FPS games honestly. Never saw the appeal and never will. I'm currently pecking away at other big game franchises but it's slow going since I have ton to catch up on and I'm also busy with life on top of other commitments. GTA for all the splitting headaches it gave me is mindless fun- I mean come on, you can't beat running over pedestrians in a charter bus while listening to opera.

There are certain game series that are legendary in the fact that everyone talks about them.

I'm talking about game series like Halo, Call of Duty, God of War, Grand Theft Auto, etc... You get the idea. The AAA titles that always sell very well, they get rave reviews and are generally adored by the gaming community. I've barely (or not) played any of those games.

I've been gaming since around 1985, so it's safe to say that I've probably played hundreds of games over the years. That being said, I've never played any of the Halo games. I mean, I've seen it, I may have tried it at a friend's house for a half hour or something, but Halo releases have come and gone without me ever purchasing even one game from the series. At this point, there are so many Halo games that I wouldn't even know where to start, so I probably won't bother. It's not that it doesn't look fun, it just seems like a huge endeavour to get into it now.

The same goes for Call of Duty, apart from the single player campaign and a bit of multiplayer in CoD: MW2, I've never played a CoD game. I swear I don't have anything against FPS, I just never bothered with the sequels. It seems to me that if you don't hop on the multiplayer from the start, you'll always be at a disadvantage so I never bothered.

So what about you? Which series do you constantly hear about that you've never played?
Hello everyone! My name is Jorge Solis. I have actually never before played The Legend of Zelda at all! I have heard many great things about the game but I never owned it as a child. What do you guys think? Is it really such a great game to play? I always thought it was a bit confusing as well.

Hello everyone! My name is Jorge Solis. I have actually never before played The Legend of Zelda at all! I have heard many great things about the game but I never owned it as a child. What do you guys think? Is it really such a great game to play? I always thought it was a bit confusing as well.

Welcome Jorge! Wow, the Legend of Zelda is quite possibly my favourite game series of all time, so it's safe to say that I strongly recommend it! The first instalment on the Nintendo was the very first game I've ever completed so it holds sentimental value to me for sure, so I may not be 100% unbiased. ;)

I adored Blizzard's genre-defining PC MMO World of Warcraft, so much so that with every new expansion I'm tempted to surrender my life back to it, but I've never played the developer's other major game--Diablo. Despite rave reviews from friends--and even family--I've never even given it a try. My defense had always been that I'm not a very big PC gamer. But with Diablo 3 now on consoles, I really have no excuse. Ahh!

Halo, the whole franchise. It's talked about so much yet I still haven't tried any of the games. Also Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. They seem to be insanely popular as well but I never see enough interest in them to give them a try.

I played all of them. Although GTA was never up my alley. I love Call of Duty for its cinematic single player campaigns only. I played a ton of Halo, until they stopped releasing the series on PC. Other AAA games I played are Assassin`s Creed and, of course, Mass Effect.

I played all of them. Although GTA was never up my alley. I love Call of Duty for its cinematic single player campaigns only. I played a ton of Halo, until they stopped releasing the series on PC. Other AAA games I played are Assassin`s Creed and, of course, Mass Effect.

There's got to be one really, REALLY popular AAA game series that you've never played?

Another popular game series that I've barely played is Pokémon. Except for Pokémon Yellow on the Game Boy, I've never played any of the sequels.

Haven't played God of War and Legend of Zelda series. Not sure why, but probably something related to me being a PC (my last console was SEGA Genesis, lol) gamer and my console owning friends not getting those games. Don't really care about GoW, but I'm pretty hyped for the upcoming Zelda game, just have to get my paws on Wii U.