Which do you prefer? Sims 3 or Sims 4?

I'm still not touching Sims 4. If I hear it lives up to being a "Sims 4" then yeah I'll change my mind but right now I'm just like wow you put back in swimming pools. Big deal.
Sure I liked Sims 2 at the time but once I've seen the positives of 3 there's no going back. You can't just take out create a style for example just to "get it back to its roots". There is literally no benefit to that. People who don't like it just won't use it. The only thing I've heard is better is the create a sim but after playing the demo, it's only better on a shallow level.

At least it's good to see that they are adding a lot of content for free, but it leaves me wondering if this is stuff that was supposed to be in the initial release and was just cut to save time and release earlier.
If that's the case they are only giving us what we've already paid for...

The Sims 3 is more fleshed out right now, but I have a feeling that I might like Sims 4 more once the expansions come pouring out, if I decide to buy them that is. The Sims 3 had this nasty habit of crashing constantly, and since it doesn't autosave (why doesn't it do that?) it has led to many a frustrated tear. The Sims 4 seems to have fixed this issue, or at least I haven't heard of it being a problem yet. This all might change once the expansions come out, so I guess we'll all have to wait and see.
The constant crashing is exactly one of the reasons they brought back the loading screens. The open world concept, while really cool, introduced far too many bugs and issues into the game. If sure they'll bring back an open world in the Sims 5 *if* they can resolve that (games like World of Warcraft, for example, have solved it easily enough, so I'm sure there's a solution). In the mean time, I have decided I don't mind the loading screens in the Sims 4 because the rest of the game is a lot of fun (even despite the lack of content).

From what I've gotten out of Sims 4 so far is that it's a dumbed down and stripped game compared to the previous game. The whole emotion thing is kinda weird too, I mean. Isn't the sims emotions my emotion in a sense? I'd hate it if my Sim was bitching about something I as a player didn't even care about.

Furthermore, there seems to be a lack of stuff to do and some of the realism seems to have perished as well. Something I'm not a huge fan of. I don't know. Somehow it seems more arcadeie or whatever... Am I wrong?

I prefer Sims 3 than to Sims 4. The thing is on Sims 4, I like the character creation it is more easy than the last one but there are many things that I don't like.

I'm actually playing the Sims 4 right, I haven't played the Sims 3. ( i stopped back in the days of the Sims1 ), and I can say that while I find it enjoyable, there does seem to be a lot missing that it doesn't feel as enjoyable as the previous versions :/ its still fun, it just feels empty? i guess.

I haven't bothered to try out the Sims 4 yet. After reading about everything they left out, I didn't think I would enjoy it. I think it will have great potential, but only after it gets a few expansion packs. I remember being so hyped when the Sims 3 first came out; but I was extremely disappointed with so few things to do. I remember acting the same way when the Sims 2 came out. :rolleyes: I'll just wait until a few expansion packs come out before trying it. I like having a lot of expansion packs and custom outfits/hair/furniture/etc. :D