Where is the best place to buy an Animal Crossing 3DS consol(and is it worth it?)?

Joanjette

Registered
Nov 18, 2014
I'm looking into purchasing an Animal Crossing 3DS as a gift to my mom so that we can play together. Since this is pretty much the only game that she will be playing, the Animal Crossing 3DS seems perfect, but I am having a lot of trouble finding one in stock besides sketchy amazon dealers. I've noticed a lot of the reviews say things like that they received a European version which is unable to play other things, which isn't useful for me in case she likes the 3DS and wants to play other things. Also, if anyone owns an Animal Crossing 3Ds, has everything been good with it? Are there any issues related to this console specifically that are not present in the normal 3DS?

If you are an Animal Crossing fan you will be very pleased with New Leaf for the 3DS, it works well with the console and I did not have any issues playing it. I bought my copy at Game Stop, but I'm not sure if you have those where you are. Usually you can get something used through Amazon itself and not an individual seller, but I guess that does have a lot to do with what's in stock. Have you tried Ebay? Maybe use the words US version in your search as well to narrow it down.

Well since you mentioned that the EU version wouldn't work I assume you're from the US, right?

Well, as @SharpShooter said, you should try on ebay or any site like that to search for 'animal crossing US 3DS special edition' , I've seen already one passing by with that search, so you should find it too then.

Since I don't know anything about the animal crossing 3DS, you should trying to google what's different in it.

I decided to look around for you to see prices for the consoles, and I've encountered this issue before with the Pikachu 3DS that my girlfriend was interested in. The consoles don't seem to be available since people bought them up due to their limited release, and the only places you can get them is from re-sellers at a huge mark-up.

Instead of paying a premium price you could get a normal one then add something like this http://www.amazon.com/Animal-Crossi...418405130&sr=8-5&keywords=Animal+Crossing+3ds

I think the Animal Crossing "poptart" 3DS has been discontinued for a long time now. They really just made it for around the release of the game.

I would probably just try to get her a normal 3DS and Animal Crossing separately.

Finding the New Leaf 3DS XL unit will be hard (brand new at least), they do tend to pop up from time to time on eBay but at a fairly high price due to them being a limited run. You'd be better off buying a regular 3DS XL and getting a skin, or importing a New 3DS from Australia or Japan and buying an Animal Crossing swappable faceplate.

Have you tried looking on eBay or Amazon for both the game and the 3DS (or 2DS, since it's so much cheaper especially if she's only going to be playing that one game) for something a lot cheaper than buying it at full face value?