Where do you buy your games?

FlyFish998

Registered
Sep 21, 2015
Do you typically buy your games online? Do you go to Game Stop? Do you go to a local video game store?

Personally, it varies for me. For the really big games, I typically pre-order at a big game store like Game Stop. I also do like to visit a local video game store just to browse, and I will usually end up purchasing something. I will look online if it's an older type game that I want because I can usually find it cheaper than at a big chain video game store.

What about you?

I buy brand new games mainly at Amazon and Best Buy, although I do occasionally buy new games from Gamestop or Target depending on the sale/promotion they offer. For pre-orders, I largely stick with Best Buy thanks to their Reward Zone program. I miss the days where Amazon was tax free and would give a $10 gift-card with a pre-order.

For used games, I largely buy from Gamestop, Amazon and from time to time eBay. Ultimately, price and/or promotion are the deciding factor in where I purchase my games.

Reactions: FlyFish998
As a PC gamer, the only titles I don't purchase on Steam are Blizzard games like Starcraft 2. I will occassionally buy some really old games on amazon or GOG, but I mostly stick to Steam.

When I was younger, the PS1 was king. I usually buy the game cds in local malls here, the ones who sell toys and music cds at the same time. I can still remember the titles I bought during that time, Silent Hill, Dino Crisis, Metal Gear Solid, NBA 98 and 99 and Knockout Kings 1 and 2. Great times.

I love to go down to my local gamestop and have a dig through their second-hand PC games. I nearly always end up buying something for a small price. Sometimes the games won't work on my system for whatever reason but they're so cheap that it doesn't matter. I'll occasionally buy a new game there if they have it discounted or a special offer on it but otherwise I stick to Amazon for the new titles. I'd love to use steam but it makes me nervous, theres a lot of updates and behind the scenes action going on with steam and I'm never comfortable when its installed on my machine.

These days I primarily stick to Steam or Humble Bundle. I can't be bothered spending $80+ on most of the big name releases. If I do go out I'll just head to the nearest electronics store that I know will have the game in stock, which is usually Best Buy. They have so many copies of new releases that I don't think I've ever walked away empty-handed on release day.

I have to agree with most on here that price is the ultimate factor when deciding where to buy my games.

I REALLY love my local video game store. They do charge top-dollar for newer games, but the atmosphere is wonderful. The majority of their games are second-hand older console games. I'm talking like Sega Genesis, Sega Dreamcast, PS2, and Xbox days.

They have an area where you can play a console with friends and tables for relaxing. Anytime I ever ask them for advice, they have great answers. So even though I often end up spending more than I would online, I love buying and supporting them.

I mostly buy from the Steam store, especially during sales. I also purchase a lot from sites like Humble Bundle, Bundle Stars, Groupees, and Indie Gala. Also, G2A is a good site to get good deals on games (Mad Max + The Ripper DLC is just $16 now there!). I like G2A a lot because it supports an Indian payment processor (Paytm) which makes buying very convenient compared to other sites.

For the most part, when I can afford to buy a game, I buy from Steam. It's just a lot easier to buy online than to go out of my way to go to a physical store. Especially Gamestop where they will lecture you about the importance of pre-ordering every game that is going to come out for the next year.

I don't blame the cashiers, of course. They probably don't like having to recite the pre-order lecture, but If I wanted to sit through a boring lecture I'd just reset my copy of Animal Crossing without saving.

I worked at Gamestop for about 7 years. I actually just bought two games at Gamestop a few hours ago, but now I check for the lowest price. I used to buy everything there because of employee discount, etc, but as of late I've been checking on Amazon as well as big box retailers.

I liked it better when everything was cheaper. Haha.

I pretty much always buy online no matter if I'm getting a PC game or a console game. I like being able to look into reviews and do some research right then. If I know what game I want, I will rarely go into a local store to get it, but I haven't done that in over a year.

All of my games now come from Steam. I used to buy from physical stores before, but after trying out Steam, I realized that it's a lot easier to spot deals and purchase the games that I want online.

I usually get PC games on steam and use kijiji for console games. I find that you can wait a week for people to beat the game themselves and then get it on kijiji for half the retail price, why not right? Doesn't seem to work the same for PC games though.

GMG's my favorite place to get games. Their list prices go just as low as Steam's or Origin's during a sale, plus they usually have a 20% off coupon to bring it even lower.

They're not that good for preordering though. The last couple of games I preordered, I didn't get a Steam key until the game was officially released, so I couldn't preload.

I typically buy my games used in order to save money. Generally, I will purchase games at Game Stop and similar locally owned video game stores. However, I have found brand new video games still in the package at Goodwill. Our local Goodwill stores receive all of the returned and clearance items from Target stores, making new video games priced at a steal when they are available. I have found and purchased numerous new PC games this way.

I'm a PC gamer, so I generally buy my video games through Steam. I also play Blizzard games quite a bit, and I just buy their games directly through my Battle account. I can't even remember when I bought a physical copy of a video game the last time.

Since I play computer based games, I do digital downloads now. Back when I played console games, it was places like GameStop.

Well for me it really varies everything from presents from friends and family to me going out and buying it for myself or just going to a friends house and playing togther/vs with them, or having them coming over to my place laetting them come and hanging out with me and just playing for hours on end.....

I usually buy most of my game from places like Gamestop or Walmart. Actually just bought a few new games from game stop just a few days ago. Also who else is excited for Halo five? I'm really excited for it I've played all the past games, and I really think this one is going to be great. I've been hearing a lot of good things about it. Has anyone heard about a release date or anything like that? I haven't heard.