Where do you buy your games?

gh0st233

Registered
Nov 7, 2014
Where do you guys buy your games? Do you buy them digitally or in stores? Where do you buy them digitally?

I always buy my games digitally, I only bought one game in a store, and that's Bad Company 2. All the other games are bought on Steam, GreenManGaming and other sites that provide Steam keys. I don't like buying physical copies of games, unless they provide a steam key, because I can get the games a bit cheaper if I buy them digitally, and I can store them on my digital library, and I love seeing it grow.

What about you guys?

I like using Greenman Gaming or Gamersgate, or sometimes trading games for tf2 keys (I got isaac rebirth for only 3 keys). Only buy stuff from steam on a big holiday sale.

I don't buy games typically speaking. I just download what ever is free and looks fun on steam.

For example, I just started playing an mmorpg called tera. Found it on steam. I was looking for something really skill based. It is a tun of fun, beautiful art work, and really interesting mechanics. Why pay for stuff when people make similar stuff for free?

I only buy digitally these days. I don't really use Steam much, but I buy primarily through Origin (SimCity, the Sims, Dragon Age, etc.), and through Battle.Net (WoW, Diablo III, StarCraft II).

Steam, and Humble Bundle store for me. Console games I get physically in store though, because digital still isn't much of a thing for consoles. I would really only buy something for the PC if it did include a Steam key, or a key for Origin or Uplay. I don't like discs that much at all because there is so much that can happen to it?

I mostly shop online for my gaming needs, and try to look for good deals. So that would include Amazon (UK), Play.com, GOG.com, GAME, GameSeek, Shopto.net and a few other stores. I've also bought a few games from the Playstation Store when they were on deep discount.

I have always preferred buying games digitally. There is no point on buying games physically anymore.At least, I don't see a point in it. I am not against people who buy their games that way, but I for one prefer to stay digital from now on. I have been digital for a long time now.

I only buy digital games on PC, using Steam as my platform of choice. As to where I purchase them from, I either buy directly from Steam, or Greenmangaming/Humble Store. I buy game bundles from Humble Bundle, Indiegala, Groupees and Indieroyale.

I do just buy them digitally nowadays off of Steam and various affiliated sites and programs. For my consoles I buy physical copies sometimes too but I usually just download there as well. It's just way too convenient and I think it's best to take advantage of it.

Well, it really does seem like the majority of us are getting our games digital, and majority of us are doing that via Steam. Ever since I started using Steam, which is right when Black Ops (the first) came out, I loved it more and more and I just stuck with it. Back then, I had no idea about sales or events or anything. And when I saw my first sale, which was the winter sale, I was mesmerized by how cheap these games were. But I didn't expect that, and I couldn't get any.

Anyhow, yeah, some good stores for buying Steam games are indeed GreenManGaming, GamersGate, Humble Store/Bundle definitely.

I definitely prefer digital copies over actually going out and buying a game. It reduces clutter and confusion in the gaming aspect of my life. Seeing my Steam library is just so satisfying. It looks so organized and clear, something that I could never achieve with physical copies of a game! Besides, it's a no-fuss option and every game is in-stock, all the time. No more running around to try to find a copy of some outdated game!

Free games and sales are also a huge plus for digital. Came as a surprise to me at how often and cheap these sales were at first!
Digital is awesome.

I didn't buy any physical copy of a game for a long time now, the last game that I bought as a physical copy was probably Hitman: Blood Money when it came out. I've been buying games on Steam since then, because you can buy them way cheaper than in any store, even more so if they have any sales. I also buy some games through Humble Bundle, because sometimes they have good deals and I love the fact that your money also goes to charity.

If possible, I prefer to have a physical copy of a game, which I usually get from PlayNTrade or GameStop. When I buy games online it is usually from steam, but I do not have many. Usually I play F2P games, so if those count I get a lot of games from the developer's website.

We usually buy our games from EB Games or Gamestop. My boyfriend likes to have the actual disk. We have bought a couple games online (web version) but we like to buy them at a physical store more :)

I usually buy my game online these days. Ebay, Amazon, Target, Newegg, Rakuten (formerly buy.com I think) are a few good sites to shop online.

Most of the time I buy digitally, although I would buy them in stores only if I have to, since I'm a PC gamer it's annoying having to put a disk in every time I want to play. So that's why I always go with Steam or digitally from somewhere else. The games I have in disk I barely play :p

Even since Steam came out, I don't think I've bought a PC game at a store. The deals on Steam are just too good. The only exception was Starcraft II's pre-order that came with some art and collector's items.

Steam for PC, Amazon for everything else. I fucking hate GameStop. I fucking blow up my twitter account everything time I go there with like 30 tweets to, well basically, no one about how much I hate that place and how when they fucking act like they can't sell me a game and no one will be able to since I didn't pre-order it. There have been a minimum of three times that I went to the Target literally next door and bought the game after being told I would never find it due to my lack of foresight. The urge to go in and rub the game in that guys face was overwhelming

STEAM. I can't believe there is even any other answer. The ONLY times I don't use steam are companies that require me to use their own software. This is primarily Origin for EA games and the Blizzard Launcher for games like starcraft. Everyday I wish they would just let me do everything through steam, I love it :)