When Wil the GPS come out

PIzzle said:
Sup fools whens the GPS comming out for PSP :beer:
I only know that it was talked about a long time ago, but never saw it in any stores....

PSP_GPS_med.jpg

psp-gps_large.jpg

I'd like to get one, if I ever come across one...

Peace,

Heheh, this is kinda funny because my dad just got a GPS system for his birthday. (ordered it himself... never know when you're going to get lost in my small town >_< ) That's really cool though... if it ever comes out i guess it would just boost the multipurpose value of the PSP.

I never even heard of a GPS for it before, although it would definitely add to the many things the PSP can do for me.... now if only it can help me meet girls. lol

QUESTION? What the HELL are you gonna do with a GPS for a PSP. Someone tell me the purpose of that. Is it so the goverment can track you down. Or so you wont get lost. I think a GPS is a load of crap for a Gaming Machine. Right that what the PSP is to be or a Entertianment Machine. Sony is really trying hard to make sales. Looks to me like the DS and iPod is kicking it's A$$.

I use my PSP everyday...

I spin MP3 on my PSP into a FM transmitter into my car stereo and end up driving to fast...

With my PSP, I'm able to surf the internet at work, check my email (can't respond to well without a keyboard though), and read my clan forums...

Also, I can cram 2 movies on a spare 1G memory card so that I can watch it anytime on my PSP...

Now for the GPS option, I will get it and use it quit a bit while I'm hiking... I can tromp through the woods listening to my tunes and if I get lost, I can check the GPS and find my way back... Shoot, if I get attacked by a bear, I can lay there bleeding to death and watch a movie while waiting for help...

It would be a complete system with the GPS...

Maybe Sony can include a signal-flare-attachment in the future, that way I can take it on my boating trips too...

Peace,

OP3 NinjaMan said:
Now for the GPS option, I will get it and use it quit a bit while I'm hiking... I can tromp through the woods listening to my tunes and if I get lost, I can check the GPS and find my way back... Shoot, if I get attacked by a bear, I can lay there bleeding to death and watch a movie while waiting for help...

That is the greatest idea ever. If i was in the woods and that happened I would want a PSP. LOL.

But I see one flaw in your plan. Battery life. Amke sure you have an extra battery. But movies on the PSP is reason i gave it up. I hated sitting at the computer swaping memsticks, configuring movies and songs. TOOK UP TOO MUCH TIME. My iPod takes me 3min after i download. And i don't have to delete anything. I love my iPod better. But the watch a mvoie before you die is great. LOL

What i want to know is why did Sony pass on the cell phone attachment, And i'm not making this up the PSP was suppost to get a phone pad attachment, but instead the PSP get a damn GPS. If u really need a GPS u prolly already got one. Forget the GPS a PSP that could make calls is a million times better and that only would've made the PSP the only handheld u'll ever need..

Was that Not what the N-Gage was. I'm getting tired of the PSP crap Sony is tryin to do. Do you really need all of this for a handheld unit. I mean is it a game device, MP3, Or Movie veiwer. It can not be all 3. Pick one a stick with it. All those little fetures are nice but it's to much to shove to a consumer. Look at the UMD video sales. Sony needs to work on getting gamers to want a PSP first before tryin to sell to the world. My Uncle thought about getting on till he found out he need to by different movies. He just got a Portable DVD player instead.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
But I see one flaw in your plan. Battery life. Amke sure you have an extra battery. But movies on the PSP is reason i gave it up. I hated sitting at the computer swaping memsticks, configuring movies and songs. TOOK UP TOO MUCH TIME. My iPod takes me 3min after i download. And i don't have to delete anything. I love my iPod better. But the watch a mvoie before you die is great. LOL
I've gotta a fix for the short battery life of the PSP already, I've inveted a solar cap (old baseball cap covered in small solar panels), it work great during the day to provide endless amounts of power, I just hope the bear doesn't attack me durring the night or I have to crawl (bleeding I might add) out of the woods to find a bright street lamp somewhere...

Peace,

I mean is it a game device, MP3, Or Movie veiwer. It can not be all 3.

I assure you it can. I'd rather have a portable with GPS, internet, my OWN music, some *INSERT CERTAIN 3 LETTER ACRONYM HERE*s and being able to read manga and crap or watch some anime or a movie OR SOMETHING when I'm doing nothing else. If you want to play just games then just play them. Alot of people actually like the other features ;P

OP3 NinjaMan said:
I've gotta a fix for the short battery life of the PSP already, I've inveted a solar cap (old baseball cap covered in small solar panels), it work great during the day to provide endless amounts of power, I just hope the bear doesn't attack me durring the night or I have to crawl (bleeding I might add) out of the woods to find a bright street lamp somewhere...

Peace,

Dude can I buy one of those of you? How much will you charge for one? I could use that for my iPod. But I have creak heads to worry about

My computer can play music, movies and games. So can my PS2. In fact, the GBA has an MP3 player in Japan, and you can buy movies.

Why can't it be used for all 3?

I noticed that people tend to rag on game consoles for trying to be able to do everything but anything else that does such no one cares about. I can bet the iPod will have some kinda games and stuff soon. Just you all wait!

Anywho. GPS. If you have a PSP I don't see why not. I wouldn't buy a PSP FOR it but it'd be a neat thing to have.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
Dude can I buy one of those of you? How much will you charge for one? I could use that for my iPod. But I have creak heads to worry about
I haven't quite worked out all the bugs with the solar cap, I recently had to shave my head because the prototype caught on fire and so did half my hair...

Once I get it all fixed up again, I'll post a pix of it and hopefully have a ballpark prices on the parts needed to build your own, I'll even include directions too...

Peace,

Once you get that fixed let me know I culd use that bad. I iPod has a good life span but this would make it longer lasting. *doing the happy dance*.

But I do stand by my point in that the PSP can not be everything all at one time. And by that I mean marketing. Yes it can wonderful things and do a whole lot. But Sony need to market it right first by selling to gamers or non-gamers. It has the makeings to be a great system. But the market is not fit for it right now. Protable DVD players, iPod's, And the DS has those areas covered. It can't not be all 3 at once, it wont sell. You want games most ppl are getting DS's, want a MP3, iPod please. How about watch a Movie, well I don't have to buy a new format here Portable DVD player. If Sony can focus on one side of the market and sell well there then they can worry about the other later because it will fall in line.