When did you first use the Konami code

g2narat

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
We've all used the Konami code. We have, don't lie! My question is when did you first use it? I thought the popular answer to this was Contra because that's how I learned it but when me and my friends were discussing it, one said he used it in Gradius while our other friend used it in Castlevania. What about you?

I didn't even know this code was also usable in other games. I was very young when I first got to use it in Contra and I only got to find out about it because of my brother and I don't think even he knows that it can be used for other games too. We never had any of those other games though so that's probably why.

I had a phase where I was obsessed with Looney Tunes. In one of it's related games I played on the PS1, I looked up a walkthrought that also had cheats listed in there. That was the first time I used the Konami Code, but I didn't realize it.

Contra. I was about 3 when I was playing on an NES clone my family owned. Our neighbour, a really really cool soldier which was really friendly gave me his copy of Contra. He taught me how to enter the Konami code, but being 3 I didn't really remember the exact combination, so I had my father pay attention so he could input it for me whenever I needed.

I first used it for Contra. :D I remember the first time I used it and thought it was the coolest thing. It was my first exposure to cheat codes in video games, since then I always looked up codes for games up until the PS2 era to see if there were any that offered any extra lives or anything like that. :)

I have only used the Konami code on Contra. I actually haven't heard about the code until I was teenager. :confused: Atleast getting a ton of lives for entering the code was worth it when I found out about it. Its very hard to get anywhere far in Contra without the code.

I used to get destroyed in Contra. Being the kind of person I am, it took me a long time to accept the fact I needed to use the code but Contra was kicking my butt and I wanted to at least get through the first part of it. Unfortunately, even when using the Konami code, it was still difficult for me to beat. However, it's the first time I used the code as far as I remember.

I think I posted this in another thread but what the hell:
In Silent Hill 3 from 2003, if you beat the game, and then use the Konami code Douglas appears in his underwear in every cutscene. I was easily entertained back then, and I don't think I've ever been more excited about anything in a game. It was certifiably the greatest moment in my gaming career.

My first time using it was when I played Contra. I thought that this was the only game that this worked for. It's funny to learn that it was used in most Konami games.

I have no idea, to be honest, but I think I've tried using the Konami Code in every game for the past few years. It doesn't even matter if it didn't work. I'll always try it just to see if there's something there, and I'm often disappointed, except by some of the better games that choose to make it an easter egg or some other reward for players.

It was contra. My lucky friend had gotten a nes before everyone else and news broke about the code. So we all rushed over to try it out. Sure enough, it worked.

I used it in Contra, but there was another game that I can't remember. It wasn't Gradius but something similar.