What's your Sims strategy?

skeletal

Registered
Mar 22, 2015
I usually have a female, she has a baby with a neighbor, and that baby is a girl. It continues like that, one girl in each generation.

Well in the recent sims game I played my Sim was a female and works at a, research lab and also has a relationship with a man who is married to a women who is a criminal at night. We have progressed the relationship and even had a baby, who is a boy and hope he becomes a doctor or something good in the area. The guy my sim is with looks like a smart guy with glasses the wife is, the hot looking one and does not bother about my sim and her man being together which is surprising to see happen in the game and hope it continues on and we have more kids later on.

Perhaps something changed with the new Sims games, but I didn't know you needed a "strategy" for anything in that game? Aren't you supposed to just do whatever you want and there really isn't an end to the game?

Maybe you missed words referring to a specific part of the game in of your OP/title, but I don't think there's really any strategy needed for Sims. Just do whatever you want!

There's a strategy to playing the Sims? I usually just go with the flow, for me that's the fun of playing God. Sometimes I'll be a benevolent deity, and other times...well, I like messing with them just for kicks. Then there are other times where I'll just name the sims after people I REALLY don't like and lock them in a dark room with no door...*evil laughter*

I usually have a female, she has a baby with a neighbor, and that baby is a girl. It continues like that, one girl in each generation.

On Sims 2 or Sims 3, I usually create a group of siblings, all boys or all girls, get them each jobs and they start off sharing a house. Then I usually create a second group of siblings to date the first group of siblings with similar interests as the first, and move them in close to the first group. I set them up, split them into their own houses, they have kids, etc.

Sometimes I will play through the already created Sims lives, fix up their houses, find them a partner, etc.

I love The Sims 2, but my newer PC won't allow me to play. I did want to add in what my strategy used to be though. I loved to play the Pleasantview premade town and I'd add one or two new families to it. Then I'd play each family, taking turns and using the mods from the official Sims 2 website (when it was active) to make the premade characters prettier and such. I'd make the already drama filled town have even more twist and turns then take pictures for the story mode. I'd upload the stories I created to the Sims 2 website and others would read it. That was my strategy and that's what made the game fun for me!

I usually have my sims try to max out a skill they need for their future careers before I send them off for work, just to make it easier for me to balance their needs when working. I also have them befriend at least one sim just so that they can harass them with phone calls when their social is down but I keep everything platonic.

I have no strategy. I tend to make sims that are modeled after my IRL friends, or celebrities or anime characters. It's ridiculous, to be honest. I'm that person who intentionally burns down houses for no reason.

Reactions: Stay Puft
My strategy when playing the Sims is pretty much always the same. First, enter the cheat code for money. Second, build a huge house with all of the amenities. Three, fill it with women... lol. It's definitely not the most elegant setup, but it's fun. ;)

I'm pretty boring and predictable when it comes to Sims. I usually create a beautiful girl around my age and I make her life just how I would like to live, and I would like to live a slow, calm life, playing music, going jogging, chatting with friends and have a working relationship. So after a while I get bored and I'm like "is this it?" Of course it's my own fault it turns boring because I never do anything with it. I mean, it's a sandbox, I can do whatever I want, and still I choose to follow the rules and just take it easy all the time.

I've not played the newer Sims games, but in the originals my strategy was pretty straight forward...find the most creative ways to kill or torture my sims. Yes, I'm mean!

I usually play with just a single sim and put them in a career track that I would like in real life. Then I build them a small but sweet pad. Then I get sucked into keeping them all balanced up day after day to get a promotion. When they get up to an income that seems alright, I start poking around the world more. Eventually, I stop playing in live mode so much and get on a kick where I'm just making a bunch of different homes or buildings. This last version of Sims has the pretty awesome ability to build on empty lots with unlimited funds. I like looking at the prefab public places and seeing how they can be improved for traffic flow and more cohesive or updated aesthetics. After building a bunch, I go back to live mode and just visit the places I've built. This is usually when I start to get bored with the game and back off of playing it so much. There are a lot of add-ons with this version that I want to try out though so if I may get on a kick again and explore some of the new stuff. I guess for me, the game is all about exploring what can be done and when it seems like I've figured out how everything works, I stop being so obsessed and just return to it when I get some weird free time to kill and have a hankering to build something cool.

I usually just lock them inside a house or room with no exit door or something, or find some other way to make their life miserable, because I'm just that much of an asshole.