What's your favorite MMORPG?

Mika

Registered
Dec 25, 2014
What's your all time favorite MMORPG? What makes you like it so much?

My favorite MMORPG is TERA. I just love how the combat in that game is. Even if I switch to another game for a while, I always end up coming back to it.

I used to play Runescape a lot, but after they removed free trade and wilderness I quit. It's no longer the game I once enjoyed now, with rife microtransactions.

MMORPGs seem to be on a decline in general. The only one I currently play at a casual level is Wakfu, which is pretty unique amongst MMORPG as it is turn-based strategy much like the old Final Fantasy games, instead of mindless button mashing which many MMORPGs have devolved into.

Haven't really played many others since WoW, which was just so amazing and revolutionary at the time. I wish I had been around for the Runescape era as MMORPGs currently seem to be in a slump. I've only heard bad things about relatively recent ones like the Elder Scrolls one and Final Fantasy XIV.

I don't currently play any MMO but of the games that I have played in the past it would have to be Guild Wars. I loved the party based mechanics and the mission progression. The way skills were handled was simple genius and being able to put choose all your skills was wonderful. Guild Wars 2 lacks a lot of what I loved about Guild Wars and I feel that the game suffers greatly because of it.

Still going on and strong with World of Wacraft. I can't see to be quitting anytime soon.

I'd have to go with WoW or Guild Wars. I've put a lot of time into both MMORPGs over the years. I've moved toward other genres of games in recent years, though. I don't have all the time in the world to play MMOs any longer, so other genres are just more accessible to me and my time constraints these days.

My favourite MMORPG game is Path of Exile. You should check it out if you played and like Diablo 2, as this is also hack'n'slash game and it's really awesome. You can do totally unique character. This game has A LOT of passives to take, which make this game also one of a kind.

My favorite MMORPG right now is Final Fantasy: Realm Reborn. I used to play World of Warcraft a lot but lately I have been playing a lot of Final Fantasy: Realm Reborn. It is a great game. I love the Final Fantasy games and universe though so of course I love Realm Reborn.

My favorite has to be DC Universe Online. That game is so fun and it's the second game I ever joined a clan in, If it didn't take up so much space in my laptop I would still have it.

WOW and Dungeons and Dragons Online. My favorite all time was Ultima Online, but they changed it too much with the AoS expansion, and it can never go back.

Planetside 2. I'm an FPS junkie and it's right up my alley. That said PS2 has been around for a while and I tried it in beta and didnt like it. But when it got a ton of updates and I tried it just recently it turned into a really fun game and refreshing experience for someone like myself. I'm pretty sure its the only mmofps out there worth playing.

My favorite (and also almost only) has to be RuneScape. Free and a game you could spend months on. It was a game I mainly played when I was a kid. It was either RuneScape or WoW and since RuneScape was free and my brothers also played I just went with that. Every single school day was just waiting to get home to go onto my father's PC and play until we had to eat. It's a shame that I got bored of it though as I really enjoyed that game but never really got to a very high point.