Whats your favorite FPS ever?

I don't play many FPS, but Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are definitely my favorites! Though, to be honest, I didn't even know those were considered FPS until I same marked that on some retailers site. I've heard great things about Half-Life, but I never got the chance to play it when it came out. I might get it and play it now, but I'm not sure.

Crysis 1 (and Warhead) is the last time I sensed that I was truly playing a FPS from the future, and it wasn't simply on account of its illustrations, which have been surpassed at this point. This is the best Predator test system ever constructed. You've got a set of devices, various destinations, and its dependent upon you to make sense of how to do them. A genuine sandbox that doesn't hold the players hands. Destructible situations where you can get and toss each item. (WHY IS THIS STILL SO RARE?)

Crysis got right what open-world diversions (Looking at you Ubisoft) reliably come up short with in their mission outline. While the world between story missions is open, the real missions themselves are scripted and straight as anyone might imagine. Commonly one destination, with 1, possibly 2 approaches to do it.

This is fourth time I'm replaying Crysis 1's battle, despite everything i'm discovering better approaches to complete its missions. The main other game which I can even now find new things like this is the first Deus Ex.

Goodness definitely, and its 7 year old illustrations still craps on most present day diversions. In the event that Crytek had any sense, they would release this on Ps4 Xb1 on the grounds that newcomers would effortlessly mistake this for a 2014 game.

Favorite ever? Easy. Goldeneye 64'. I hosted so many Goldeneye parties, and I always played Oddjob so people hated me as they had to aim down to hit him. For a game back then, that multiplayer was like the frontier for current FPS's. Since then, such games as CoD and Halo have emerged, making people rethink their favorites. But to me, it's the one that got me started in the FPS genre as a whole.

Time Crisis 4. Every time I went to the arcade I'd go straight to Time Crisis. The cover/reload system was a real treat. I loved the fact that they made some of your guns more effective on certain enemies than others, it isn't something I see often in first person shooters. I only got to the second level once, and those terrorbite mosquitoes were something that came straight from my nightmares.

DooM still holds up even today and you can get texture and sprite packs to make it look better if you want.

I been feeling the doom itch lately.

I really liked Timesplitters as a kid, played the hell out of it on PS2. I think it was the last good arena shooter out there. If there are any other fans out there like me, check out Timesplitters Rewind, a bid to bring back the Timesplitters franchise to PC.

http://www.tsrewind.com/
Thanks for sharing the tsrewind website. Timesplitters 2 is one of my all-time favorite FPS games. Although the reviews were overwhelmingly positive, I always felt that this game was criminally underrated.

Offline it was probably the newest Wolfenstein because I'm more of a story guy. Wait, scratch that, how did I forget the glorious Half Life 2. Yeah, definitely HL2. As for online, I really like AVA (Alliance of Valiant Arms).

Time Crisis 4. Every time I went to the arcade I'd go straight to Time Crisis. The cover/reload system was a real treat. I loved the fact that they made some of your guns more effective on certain enemies than others, it isn't something I see often in first person shooters. I only got to the second level once, and those terrorbite mosquitoes were something that came straight from my nightmares.
I love Time Crisis as well and I also do play it whenever I pass one by at the arcades. I honestly prefer the first two though but I agree that the mechanics of that game was spot on. At the time the first one came out it was really very unique and revolutionary.

There's definirely a lot to choose from, that's for sure. Personally I did like the Half Life and bioshock games quite a lot, but there's just so many otgers that keep popping into my mind. One game I did also enjoy which a lot of people doby rste was Medal Of Honor.

Planetside 2 for me. Great variety of weapons, Huge world, multi-player. Flying mounts etc.

I have to agree Planetside was a bunch of fun as well. I just remember getting into FPS hardcore at a later date, I was a heavy MMORPG player and my friend recommended me to some good CS games. CS has to be mentioned.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is the FPS I have spent the most time playing. Even though the game is almost 18 years old I still love watching it on Twitch. Its the game that introduced me to the modding scene and for that I will forever be grateful. In the end no real good mods were released for it but it was still awesome to follow those that were planned.

I still play the game on pretty much a weekly basis.

Well I love Battlefield Bad Company 2 and also Call of duty 2. Halo 1 is also fun to play. The most stand out fps game I have ever played is BFBC2 without a doubt. The game play and the graphics are just so great and teh storyline is very interesting.

Well, old favorite has to be Perfect Dark. I loved the fly-by-wire rockets, and it felt like a fresher take on Golden-Eye 64's online play (bit more polished, anyways) so I just loved to hide and guide those missiles into people.

So much rage.

Newer favorite has to be DESTINY, as I've maxed them all out (each class, Titan/Warlock/Hunter)

Resistance: Fall of Man was one of the launch titles for the PS3 and it is surprising it's not more well-known. It's probably my all-time favorite FPS game because it had a great storyline, a main character that you actually cared for, cool guns like the Auger which could shoot through walls, a variety of enemies including gigantic robotic spiders that are near impossible to kill and at the time, breath-taking graphics. The best thing about it was you could play the story mode with a friend through split-screen co-op which most games don't have the option of anymore including future resistance games.

My favorite first person shooting games ever are Counter-Strike and Delta Force. Counter Strike was a game that I grew up playing with friends and even made friends with new people by joining their game. What I loved about CS is the realistic feel of it having to choose between being a terrorist and a counter-terrorist. Each character of each team also had a background story like the French police, guerrillas and the others. The guns and rifles were also cool and had their own profile and details which I really appreciated back then compared to other shooting games. It was also nice that there many ways to win not just kill all players on the other team. You can save hostages or detonate bombs to win. Delta force on the other hand is a game I played on single player. I like the desert vibe of it and being like a military doing missions in a hostile environment.

For the past few year, BF4 hands down. It has its many flaws but every match just blows me away.

I rarely play modern first-person shooters, but did enjoy the genre more in my youth. As such, for purely nostalgic reasons, my favourite first-person shooters are the ID classics including DOOM, Quake, and Wolfenstein.

Has to be Halo for me. I've spent countless of hours playing the seriers, especially 2 & 3. Even though people said 4 wasn't that great, I still had a decently fun time with it. But without a doubt, Halo 3 iso my favorite FPS and maybe even my most like game of all time.

Killzone: Mercenary. It's one of two FPS games I've played in my life, the other being Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. It's also the only one I played through to the end and enjoying going a few rounds with friends in.
Wow I have been behind on games Killzone:Mercenary. I liked playing Soldierfront 2 I wanted to play Serious Sam 3 BFE.