Whats your favorite FPS ever?

LoganF

Registered
Nov 8, 2014
My favorite multiplayer was probably Halo 3. I think it's a great series, but i've also played CoD; Battlefield and Blacklight. I kind of stick to the same old games when it comes to First Person Shooters, but maybe you can point me to some new ones.

Reactions: LemonyPinkness
My favorite would have to be Halo: Combat Evolved, the story was amazing, and the co-op made it that much more fun. It's kind of hard to just pick one, especially with others such as Doom 3, Half Life 2, and so many more. I myself tend to prefer a lot of the older ones, which are still as much fun to play, even if they are old.

I agree that it is difficult to pick one as different game has its own merits and characteristics. I like Doom 3, Battlefield 4 and Bioshock, etc.

It's kind of hard to actually have a favorite with all those good games out there! In my own opinion, Call of Duty: World at war is definitely one of the greatest games, even though it is a bit old. Still a great game! Recently though, I've been enjoying a bit of PayDay 2. Although it's not exactly the same style as most other FPS's it's still pretty fun!

I'm not much of a shooter fan. I prefer to play for the story. So, with that said, I think the Half Life series easily takes the cake for me. I can't decide if I like 1 or 2 better. 1 was very new to me, so I didn't have my expectations going into it, but it was an amazing game. Half Life 2 definitely exceeded my expectations.

I would enjoy FPSs more if I had the option to do co-op on the same console. Games used to do this, but with online becoming so common, it seams like we are getting less and less couch co-op games.

Mine would be Counter Strike. I'm not a fan of FPS games but this one was very fun even for me. My friends and I used to play this game for hours but they got way more addicted to it than I did. O be fair, though, I think I was more able to stay away from addiction to this game partly because I wasn't very good at it. I know if I were very good at it I probably would be more compelled to keep at it.

My favorite would have to be Halo: Combat Evolved, the story was amazing, and the co-op made it that much more fun. It's kind of hard to just pick one, especially with others such as Doom 3, Half Life 2, and so many more. I myself tend to prefer a lot of the older ones, which are still as much fun to play, even if they are old.

Halo: CE was amazing. The custom edition community now is still going on, it's pretty amazing for a game that's almost 13 years old now! And the custom maps that you can get look amazing too, almost a couple generations ahead IMO. I just feel that Halo: Reach was the peak of the franchise, then it started going downhill. Still waiting on a PC version of the Master Chief collection though...

I have to say its a mix between Halo, Battlefield, COD, and Crysis. Yeah, I'm not a human who favorites, because I think it limits me - I rather synthesize the best things together and reflect how it all has helped me.

I don't like the multiplayer portion of any FPS game that I play. I prefer Single Player campaign tan any other mode. I know I am in minority here, but that's the way things are right now. That's why I like games like Spec Ops: The Line and single player portion of COD games.

I really liked Timesplitters as a kid, played the hell out of it on PS2. I think it was the last good arena shooter out there. If there are any other fans out there like me, check out Timesplitters Rewind, a bid to bring back the Timesplitters franchise to PC.

http://www.tsrewind.com/

Reactions: dillinger10
I really liked Timesplitters as a kid, played the hell out of it on PS2. I think it was the last good arena shooter out there. If there are any other fans out there like me, check out Timesplitters Rewind, a bid to bring back the Timesplitters franchise to PC.

http://www.tsrewind.com/

Ah yes, Timesplitters was fantastic. This also reminded me of Goldeneye. I think Timesplitters definitely was more fun, but I have way more memories playing Goldeneye, just because of how hugely popular it was at the time. For it's time, it was an incredible multiplayer experience. If I had the chance, I'd still play the game to this day. Looking back, that game did a great job bringing FPS to the console.

Depends on what you consider a fps. For computer, dayZ absolutely. Mainly because it is a lot more open world than say gears of war or black ops. you could sneak up and kill someone , or they could sneak up and kill you. Either way, someone is gonna die. I also like that you have to search for guns, your typically not spawned in with one (and if you are, it's not a good one).

If you want a by the book fps, then gears of war 2. I have wonderful memories playing that with my cousin, along with tons of epic moments, such as no scope kills, quick saves. Once it was me , my cousin and one computer player. He shoots down my cousin. I was standing behind my cousin. The minute my cousin went down, I head shot no scoped the enemy. Good stuff.

If you consider browsers, then I would say 13 days in hell. That zombie shooter is a lot of fun, and I always go back to it on occasion to practice my reflexes.

The original Bioshock holds the position not as just my favorite fps ever, but my favorite game of all time. The first time I played it it was an experience, just the entire world absorbed me instantly, and I've played through it a few times.

Halo, In my opinion was top notch when introduced. Everyone who had a XBox owned this game or you just wasn't cool and left out. It was a favorite of mine as well. Even though I would die often in MP. Others would be games like Borderlands. That game is amazing and you will just keep wanting more.

Borderlands 2 as well. It just gets better. Especially with the DLC.

Oooh hard question. It's a difficult decision between the Borderlands series and the Bioshock series. I found Borderlands to be hilarious and the number of guns that are in the game are just so cool, and you feel the need to collect all of them. Bioshock, on the other hand, was really fun due to the plasmid concept. Whether it's sending bees to an enemy or lighting them on fire, it was tons of fun.

Killzone: Mercenary. It's one of two FPS games I've played in my life, the other being Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. It's also the only one I played through to the end and enjoying going a few rounds with friends in.

I've said it before: CS:GO is incredible. Every movement must be calculated and thought about. Firefights are short and brutal, and the co-operation of your team is a must. Combined with the beautiful feel of the guns, CSGO is so satisfying to play, whether it be GG or Demo or Classic objectives. Recently I've been playing with a few friends, and there's nothing like acing the enemy team thanks to quality teamwork.

Yeah, CS has always felt the most realistic. COD and some of the other games are great to play and a lot of fun, but a lot of the immersion is removed in order to make gameplay better. CS feels a bit different in that regard.

Half-Life 2/Counterstrike is pretty much one game. One is the campaign component, and the other is the multiplayer component as far as I'm concerned. Half-Life 2 is just a different breed of shooter. It's something special. Halo is very close. I enjoy Halo more playing the campaign cooperatively. Nonetheless, the two games are so different and are must haves in any shooter fan's library.

Halo certainly caught my attention. It came in with a bang and they did a really good job with that gae. I never liked first person shooters until halo came out. So it is still my FPS of choice. My next favorite would be half life. I like that one to.