What's your favorite F2P game?

techbeast34

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
What's your favorite F2P game? I'd prefer that it isn't a Pay-to-win kind of game, but those are allowed nonetheless. Mine's Tribes: Ascend, mostly because the community isn't too small, and it's a great game to play. What about you guys?

My favorite F2P game right now is probably Warframe, probably because I just started playing it and it didn't become boring yet like some other games. It is also a great game where player skills matter and you probably can't pay to win. There are some items that you can buy for real money, but they aren't as game changing as the stuff you can get by just playing the game (from looting).

Warframe. For 3rd person space ninja action and seemless co-op, it's fantastic fun. Quite polished and robust for a free to play too.

I've been enjoying Aion for a long time. I recently discovered ArcheAge and Rift and have started to play those a bit, but currently Aion is still my favorite F2P game. It's just something about being able to sprout wings and fly that drew me to that game in the first place (it was a childhood fantasy of mine to be able to do that).

TF2, the fact that even 7 years on they are still adding content and major updates (such as bumper cars for Halloween). Originally I got into the game for trading and hats, then actually discovered I really enjoyed it compared to most FPS.
The biggest thing is that when you die to you usually think, "well I knew I should have backed off" unlike other games where its, "damn where did he come from..."
I have almost 500 hours in that game which says it all and I still enjoy going on and playing every day unlike most of the games where I get bored after a while. The biggest reason is that if you want a completely different play style change weapons or class without changing game. This can make it interesting even after several hundred hours and play like a completely different game at times. Also hats.

Definitely DotA 2, TF2, Warframe and Wakfu (all on Steam) Although it's not free, I would recommend CS:GO as well, if you buy it for 7 dollars during the sale, you can make back the money and more from all the item/weapon case drops you get from playing.

Spiral Knights is a free-to-play I've found recently and I've taken a liking to it. It's a fun casual hack and slash dungeon crawler that can be really addictive. I just love the art in the game and the community seems to be really friendly. I've played it for hours on end. The only downsides is that it can be pay2win and it can get a little repetitive after a while if you play for hours like me.

I like playing Dota 2 just because I grew up playing the first one so it's very familiar and comforting to me to play the new one. I honestly would still prefer to revert back to the old one though but I'm thinking it's just mostly due to nostalgia so I try and not to pay much attention to it anymore.

My favorite game right now would probably be either League of Legends or TERA. I have played LoL for a long time and it is pretty fun, but I'm starting to play TERA a lot and it seems like a good game. One great feature of TERA that I enjoy is the free market.

I used to play a lot of Firefall and Warframe. Right now, I only play League of Legends. LoL is in a different genre from most of the games mentioned here, but I think it has a really good freemium model.

I have played ore than 300 hours of Team Fortress 2. I don't play it anymore as I have gotten fairly everything I wanted except those hats as I never spent a dime on the game. Warframe and Planetside 2 are the two F2P games I am playing right now. I am loving them.

I keep looking at Rift. I may check that one out. I don't currently play any F2P games, but I'm probably going to give one or two a try. I'm moving away from WoW slowly but surely, and it's just hard to think of starting all over on a new game after having played this one for 7+ years.

Warface is definitely very high on my list. I played it when it was just made, and it was not as polished and beautiful as it is now.
Trove is another really cool game that's still in Beta even though it could be called a Minecraft clone.
I also play Alliance of Valiant Arms and Soldier Front 2, but Warfare is definitely the better game out of all of them.
I used to play Dungeons and Dragons online also, but I haven't played it in a long, long time. Is there anyone on here who used to play D&D?

Currently, it's C9 and Tera. C9 is just like Rusty Heart where it's a combo system. I like that. The dungeons are always sandboxed, so you don't have to worry about monsters wondering into town or anything. Tera has an excellent fighting system where you have to dodge and use your abilities. No auto attacking in this game. If you die, it's all on you. That's why I love it!

My favorite FTP game right now is definitely Smite. It's a MOBA game much like League of Legends, or Dota 2, however instead of top-down or isometric perspective, it's 3rd person. The combat is both hotbar based but also skill-shot, where you have to aim the abilities you're using. It's fantastic. You play as mythical gods and goddesses, like Zues, Apollo, Hades, Hercules, Cupid, and so on. It's truly fantastic. You earn "favor" (free currency) that you can use to buy new Gods, or you can buy "gems" (paid currency) and buy them faster. There's not really any advantage of buying new gods, it just depends on who you're skilled with. The only other item you can buy is skins, which is purely cosmetic, so it's not game-breaking. Cosmetic in-game purchases are my favorite, since they don't break the game and make it pay-to-win. So, yeah... definitely check out Smite!

League of Legends is my favorite, Allthough the community is one of the worst out there you can definately have a lot of fun with friends and you can definately kill a lot of time playing this game + its not Pay 2 win, You pay to have nice skins and stuff and namechanges but thats its. No super op champions or something. I think the only way you can pay to win is to buy runes/runepages but thats something you can achieve with playing aswell so no minor pay to win aspects in this game.

Right now, Dota 2 is my favorite. I love it because I actually have friends to play it with, and I'm actually pretty good. This game isn't pay to win either, like some F2P games.

My favorite F2P game probably comes down to Spiral Knights. Its a game online made by Sega that allows you to make your own knight and traverse the many floors of the clockwork through multiple dungeons. I always found it very enjoyable to play with my friends especially since they removed the energy usage for elevators.With a couple of friends, dungeon grinding can be fun. The game is also controller compatible which is a nice bonus.

What's your favorite F2P game? I'd prefer that it isn't a Pay-to-win kind of game, but those are allowed nonetheless. Mine's Tribes: Ascend, mostly because the community isn't too small, and it's a great game to play. What about you guys?

Dungeons and Dragons Online DDO. I love the way the dungeons actually feel like dungeons with ambushes, traps, secret doors etc. They aren´t just focuses on killing 100 generic mobs and 4 bosses, you actually have to navigate and avoid stuff if you want to succeed.

It has got to be TF2. Been playing for many years and I still do occasionally play it. Love the constant updates they keep uploading, it has been lengthening the life of this game for quite some time now. Another game I've been looking into which is also F2P is contract wars, though it is a browser game with works with Unity Player. The developers have been working with Steam and its members to try to get onto Steam so you might see it on there soon. Similar to Call of Duty in my opinion, but could use some fixing especially with lag and stability.