What was your first PC Game?

Stan

myGamer Slave
Staff member
Registered
Jun 22, 2005
www.mygamer.com
Im trying to go way back in the archives of my memory to the first PC game I placed. And to be honest. I have no clue!!!

But I do remember countless hours of 7th Guest:)

Mine was some 3d space shooter...but it wasn't in space. You got to use a helicopter, fighter plane and an alien ship and you had to defend a military bace from aliens...then you had to attack an alien mothership...then defend a city.

oh wait, i just remembered one that preceeded unreal tourney, ah what the hell was it called?

LOGAN'S RUN, i think

*EDIT*no, it was LODE RUNNER!

Last edited:
Mine was the Sierra classic, King's Quest II.

Although, prior to that I was really into Lemonade Stand and 21 on the Apple IIe, and Ghostbusters on the Commodore 64.

The original Zork... text-based PC gaming at its finest. That same summer, I programmed my own PC game (on a Commodore) from a published script in Dragon Magazine. That's right... the "game" was raw, uncompiled code that you had to manually type in character by character by character (about 5 or 6 large 'zine pages worth) and God help you if you made a typo. Took an entire weekend to input, compile and debug for a simple thing that played out in like 5 minutes, but it WAS a game!

It's startling to see how far we've come.

If you mean what THIS crowd would consider as a "PC Game" I'd have to say the original Wing Commander... that game really showed what a 386 processor could accomplish. I played it on the Battletech Center's inventory control PC. I remember buying Wing Commander II and MARVELLING that it actually came on *15* 5" floppies... retty amazing, considering that my PC then (a state of the art 486-SX PC running at *20 megahurtz with 2MB (that's MEG, not GIG) of RAM*) only had a 100MB hard drive, so installing the game basically used up over a quarter of my hard drive space after decompression.

After we'd play, we'd go kill a brontosaurus with pointed, flame-harded sticks for dinner... :cookiemon

My first PC game was WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos. It was a pretty cool game.

The only PC games I own are Post Mortem (a prequel to Still Life) and the ever so cool Alone in the Dark series. :cop:

The first ever? Man..what a question, uh..it was some game where you could build these amazingly out of control tracks that would rise for miles up in the air and be as thin as a pencil. I don't remember the name of it, but it was such a blast.