What was the first game you ever played?

Mark Mulkeen

Registered
Jan 3, 2015
For me it's hard thinking back but I always remembered Fire Ant on the Commodore 64. I played that on my cousins system a lot and looking back now I can only think it was the only game he had :) Those were the days when Graphics and Story didn't really come into anything. I stand to be corrected however.

So what's the game or games that you played growing up?

First game I ever played [on the pc (since this is the pc games forum)] was Cs 1.6. I played this game a lot, like every day. This was the game that got me started on the FPS train. I loved this game because of the "graphics" and the communication.

When I was in fourth grade, my friends talked about this great game called Runescape. Curious enough, I went home and tried it out. I was hooked on it for a good 3 years. Runescape was my first game ever played, however it is far from my favorite!

My first game would have to be Duck Hunt on the NES. As a little kid, it absolutely blew my mind away! A gun, which you could shoot at the screen, and it would do something! It was like your imagination come true! Ahhh, good times. :)

The first game I ever played was Spy Hunter on my Commodore 64. That was the real first generation gaming where you put the 7 inch floppy disk in your gigantic disk drive and had to tell the computer to load the game and what other commands you wanted to run in the game :)

I would go with Doom. Used to be a fun ride back then. I also played a game with dinosaur hunting a lot, anyone remembers the game?

I only remember my first PC game, and that was GTA Vice City. I also played playstation 1 games but I don't remember which one was my first one, probably a really old Mario or Ready 2 Rumble.

The first game I ever played... wow that was quite a while ago. I think the first game I ever played (for more than 2 minutes of testing out) was Sonic the Hedgehog. My father put an emulator on our computer with hundreds of Sega games. I tried out a few of them and got bored of most really quickly. I think Sonic was the first one I actually stuck with though. It was back when I was about 5 so it's all a bit blurry. :confused:

I had a commdore 128.. I think the first game I played was Zork or 9 princes in amber. On consoles, I had one of the original Pong games you played on your TV, probably 1980ish.

I've already forgotten by now but the one that sticks out most in my memory is Mario on NES. I'm sure I got to play a few Atari games before that too because my brother always used it but I'm pretty sure we already had the NES by then.

First game I ever played on the computer was the old Ragnarok Online, I believe. I've been a huge fan of MMOs since I was a tiny kid, and when I was starting out, that game was huge in my country. I remember having to buy cards that contained game credit in them just so I could play. In general, I think that might have also been the first video game I've played, if you don't count me watching my dad play Resident Evil on our old Playstation.

The first game I ever played was Aladdin on the Sega Mega Drive. I remember spending a ridiculous amount of time on that game, from realizing that you can could jump on the tops of palm trees, to finally pulling off that retractable stone portion of the prison level, to finally beating the game. So many youthful memories of playing that game with my friend, taking turns using the 'good' controller, biting our nails at the tough jumps and dodges. Good times.

I honestly can't remember what mine is, though I'm 100% sure it was a DOS game on a computer that didn't even have Windows at the time. We had a lot of floppy DOS games and I recall "Monkey Island" that we had on floppy as well as "Avoid The Noid", "Squeeze Play", "Krypton Egg" along with a handful of other games that where on a game collection disc. I can't pinpoint what one game it is though that would take first from me.

Now when it comes to console/handheld gaming, Sonic 2 on the Gamegear and Super Mario 3 are high on my list of first games I recall having sat down and played but I also don't know if a game came before those as well. I've honestly been exposed to video games since I was born because both my dad and older brother played games so there never was this magical realization for me like a lot of people had... I just grew up around it.

It's really hard for me to remember the first game that I played. It had to have been something on Nintendo for sure. The first game that I remember playing non-stop was Super Mario Bros. for Super Nintendo. I spent a whole day playing it once. It's still remains the highlights of my life as a gamer to this day.

It was probably Duck Hunt. when my Great Uncle got old and he was no longer able to go hunting his wife saw a NES bundle that included the Super Mario 3 and Duck Hunt combo Cartridge. When we went to visit him he was so proud of his game and kept inviting us to play it with him. Its possible that the first game I played was SM3, but not likely given how obsessed he was with Duck Hunt that summer.

Honestly I don't remember what the game was. Probably it was a game on Pegasus, which was a tv-console (and it was great!). I had a lot of games, so it's really hard to say which one was the first. Arkanoid, Dizzy, Micromachines, Contra.. Good old times.