What was the best game of 2014?

tangiblesalt

Registered
Feb 9, 2015
I've been thinking about it and replaying some of last years games but which one do you guys think was the best? I know its a hard question but I'm looking for favorites that I can try seeing as I have some extra time on my hands.

PC game of the year for 2014 for me was PES 2015. I love soccer games, and I think PES 15 was one of the best in the series, and much better than Fifa 15. Pes 14 was an absolute let down, and I was planning on sticking with the great PES 13 until I heard some good reviews on PES 15. I decided to buy it through Steam, and at first I was a little disappointed. The CPU would never cross the ball!? Well after adjusting some team tactics, the game plays great!

I thought about it for a while, and I have to say Valiant Hearts. It was amazingly original, emotional and just so nicely made. Everyone should take a look at that game.

I had the most fun with The Binding of Isaac Rebirth as far as 2014 games go, came out towards the end of the year too but I had enjoyed it enough to get 100% in it.

I would probably go with GTA V or Destiny for the console. For PC I feel that Binding of Isaac Rebirth was one of the best indie titles.

Really hard to tell, since in my opinion, there were not that many good games in 2014. If I had to pick one I'd probably go with Dark Souls 2 or Dynasty Warriors 8. Dark Souls 2 was not as good as the other two Souls games, but still a great game. Dynasty Warriors 8 had releases both in 2013 and in 2014 (different versions), so I'm not entirely sure if I'd consider it a contender for best game of 2014. If we only count the Extreme Legends version of Dynasty Warriors 8, the one that got released in 2014, then I'd definitely go with DW8, since that game was superb.

It'd have to be Super Smash Brothers Wii U. I've been waiting for the latest iteration of SSB from Nintendo since Brawl, Brawl was honestly a disappointment, in comparison to Melee. Project M is good but, I want a real Nintendo product and SSB4 delivered.

There are very few games that I still play that were released in 2014 on the PC (seeing as this is the PC board and EXCLUDES consoles people) the game I've played the most of was the Sims 4. 2014 was a good year for early access games that haven't yet been released, but rather poor one for game releases in my opinion. The only 4 other games I have on my system from 2014 are Warlock 2, Age of Wonders 3, Banished, and TransOcean.

I exclude Expansions and DLC from best game consideration.

PC game of the year for 2014 for me was PES 2015. I love soccer games, and I think PES 15 was one of the best in the series, and much better than Fifa 15. Pes 14 was an absolute let down, and I was planning on sticking with the great PES 13 until I heard some good reviews on PES 15. I decided to buy it through Steam, and at first I was a little disappointed. The CPU would never cross the ball!? Well after adjusting some team tactics, the game plays great!

Totally agree. I can totally play PES 15 for like an entire day. Gameplay is fantastic in my opinion.

Well this is a difficult question because there were so many good games in 2014. I will have to go to my favorite series in Grand Theft Auto and choose GTA V.