What PC game in your opinion has the best community?

I've been through a ton of gaming communities in my day and I have to say that toxicity runs deep lol.. The warcraft 3 community was well.. we wont go there. The WoW community was plagued with trolls. The CS community has cheaters and condescending jerks. The TF2 community is full of children and people who are way too annoying about how much they love anime. The US Dota matchmaking servers are full of people who don't speak English.

I have to say that the only community that hasn't let me down yet is Planetside. Most of the people are mature, adult, and theres nothing I've seen so far other than a little drama.

For the moment I would say DOTA and other online games which have tons of players. A handful of toxic players can outspeak the good players.

I like the world of tanks forum and community. There are a lot of insults at times but that is what makes it fun for me. You can never go on and don't get a good laugh. They are also helpful and just straight up blunt.

Not sure which MMOs have the best community but I can tell you which ones I think have the worst--MOBAs. Games like Dota 2 and League of Legends. I often see so much flaming and trolling going on in these games that I sometimes wonder what it is about these games that seems to bring the worst out of people. Is it the competitive aspect of the game? Or the importance of having a good team? So often I see newbies getting flamed so hard they quit the game entirely.

It's kinda hard to see a good community when 90% of them are plagued with trolls.

EVE Online has many player corporations with tight-knit communities. I've never really got around to play the game in-depth though, but the community is very receptive to newbies.
I agree, the EVE community is very mature and pretty receptive.
I've never had a single bad experience with the community in Killing Floor. The community is pretty cool for an online FPS.

I agree with some of the responses here. I think Minecraft has a pretty good community since it is. Building game so people are very interested in learning and sharing. Everyone is almost always happy to see someone else's handy work as it only inspires even more ideas.

There are plenty of answers so I'm just going to say League of Legends has the absolute worst community. It's just something about the game that makes everyone crazy, including me. I have never felt so angry as I do when I play that game and other players never seem that angry, not even the 13 year olds on xbox live. The game just breeds hatred.

Hearthstone since you can only use a handful of expressions instead of trash talking. Sometimes people will spam the emotes but you can turn them off easily. The best community that allows actual talking might be either TF2 or WoW.

In my opinion, the best gaming community is to tell you the truth. Planetside 2, I know it's a FPS, but I have not found a game in where they help new players the ropes and the strategy of the game.

I'd say Guild Wars 2 has a very good community. As for League of Legends, it's not as bad as you think sometimes, there are genuinely helpful and friendly people. People honestly usually have better things to do than to trashtalk you in game, people usually would rather win instead. So I think LoL's community isn't actually as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.

WOW has basically the same community as the internet as a whole. You can carve out ´your´community to be whomever you want it to be, big guilds exist for everyone. I like the community better for games, MMOs, the haven´t gotten too bid. Dungeons and Dragons Online has a great community and you get a lot of help if you are a new player.

WoW used to have a much better community, in my opinion. When they started making it more kid friendly, it became more toxic. I think it also has to do with making it more ez mode and all the systems that allow you to basically play on your own (other people might as well be NPCs, as someone else stated here recently). You used to need other people to succeed, for group quests, dungeons, etc. I made some great friends that way, some I still talk to today.

It is true that some servers have good communities, and your niche communities (and guilds) can be great, but overall, WoWs community is nothing to brag about, if you ask me. They don't seem to want to do much about the way people behave either, whether its cheating in the RBG/arena ladders or making slurs.

Aeria Games and NCSoft, despite some negative feedback here and there, me nor my friends never have to wait for a day to get a reply for questions and complaints. They are quite organized and made sure that their help threads are updated as often as possible.

Well if you refer to the online community, I can say that Minecraft has the best community. I haven't played that many multiplayer games, but from the ones I've played, I'd rate Minecraft to have the best, or at least one of the best, community(-ies) out there. The worst probably is the GTA online community, in great contrast to the modding / modders community of the same game, which is one of the best communities with tons of mods and really helpful and nice people out there.

Having a good community within a game is a very difficult title to maintain. Most games are very competitive and include people that take the game too seriously. So, I would have to say that the game with the best community is Minecraft because it is a slow paced casual game where people just have fun with each other.

Having a good community within a game is a very difficult title to maintain. Most games are very competitive and include people that take the game too seriously. So, I would have to say that the game with the best community is Minecraft because it is a slow paced casual game where people just have fun with each other.

Still paid servers on Minecraft aren't as nice, there's a divide between people who pay real money and those who don't.

I would have to say Kingdom of Loathing has the most welcoming and long-lasting community I have ever experienced with an online game. I've been playing the game for 10+ years and it's because of the community that I keep coming back. The game itself is fantastic, hilarious, and amazing - but it's the community that hooks. you. :)

World of Warcraft has a fantastic community, it has changed quit a bit since they added the dungeon finder which took away a lot of the interaction that you would have to have to complete the end-game content. But it is still a great community. DayZ has a pretty nice community, if you don't meet a bunch of bandits who are trying to kill you. It's possible to play with a bunch of people you just met and they usually won't shoot you.

I'd have to say TF2 had a really nice and interesting community. Many users still play the game even though it is getting old, it still gets updated pretty regularly. Skyrim also has a pretty chill community as well. Everyone was nice to one another and even helped out newbies in need. I'd say those two communities are the best ones I've been to or in!