What old school PC game would you want to see updated?

mtayp01

Registered
Sep 20, 2015
Philippines
What old school PC game (with old school graphics, game format and feel) would you want to see updated, utilizing all the recent developments in gaming technology? I know there are lots of “old” games that have constantly evolved through the years, but are there any that failed to make the cut to modernization?

The Commander Keen series would be great with a modern reboot. The game had a great creepy edge to it that was always lost a little bit in the low quality graphics and it was super unique. It'd be great to see what a modern PC could do with it.

I second Commander Keen. Those games were awesome. I'll throw in Duke Nukem, as well, and I'm not talking about the new, 3D, trash-talking-super-sexist Duke. The old Duke games (which I'm pretty sure were by the same people as Commander Keen?) were a lot of fun. Even just a return to platforming would be nice.

I'd also throw in Wing Commander. I haven't played a really good sci-fi flight sim in a deplorably long time.

For me it has got to be Dangerous Dave, this is the game which got me hooked in to gaming at a very early age. If someone has extra time and money, please invest that into making DD a modern game, you will have my moral support.

Any of the LucasArts game (no secret that I'm a huge fan) but I'd love to see a new version of the Maniac Mansion series. I think we're ready for a sequel/reboot or HD remake of those games!

Also Commander Keen, Duke Nukem, and I'll add Jazz Jackrabbit as games that I definitely could see getting an update! Those were all excellent! :)

I would love to see new modern games, and/or updated versions of the older games, in Sierra's various Quest franchises: Police Quest, King's Quest, and Space Quest.

I would also love to see new or updated entries in the great classic RTS PC games: Dune, WarCraft, and StarCraft.

New or updated Commander Keen games would be neat too. A throw back to ID's pre-FPS origins!

Any of the LucasArts game (no secret that I'm a huge fan) but I'd love to see a new version of the Maniac Mansion series. I think we're ready for a sequel/reboot or HD remake of those games!

Also Commander Keen, Duke Nukem, and I'll add Jazz Jackrabbit as games that I definitely could see getting an update! Those were all excellent! :)
Someone did an updated version of Maniac Mansion a few years ago called Maniac Mansion Deluxe. It's a nice graphical update, though I recall it being roughly the same in terms of content. Shrug. Also saw someone doing a 3D version of Maniac Mansion while googling for Deluxe, but it doesn't appear to be out yet. (The graphics also didn't really match the game's zany style.)

Reactions: Stay Puft
I think the original Hitman game, it had bad graphics and controls as well and you had to test out different ways to do the mission as the computer controlled characters would attack you, if they got suspicious or saw a body and it has been on the Steam site but no improvements. I also reckon the original Tomb Raider needs to be updated as on the Steam site it is still the same one when it first came out, and with graphics it would be improved and also people would enjoy playing the game and get used to the controls. I think these games would be well received if they were updated and also the people who are new to them would appreciate them as well, which may be a good thing and also bugs need to be removed so that it is a enjoyable game.

Someone did an updated version of Maniac Mansion a few years ago called Maniac Mansion Deluxe. It's a nice graphical update, though I recall it being roughly the same in terms of content. Shrug. Also saw someone doing a 3D version of Maniac Mansion while googling for Deluxe, but it doesn't appear to be out yet. (The graphics also didn't really match the game's zany style.)

NO WAY!!! This is AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for sharing this. Maniac Mansion is one of my favourite games (as well as the follow up Day of the Tentacle) and now I'm stoked to get home from work so I can play this. Thanks again @SLTE that's kick-ass!!! :D

NO WAY!!! This is AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for sharing this. Maniac Mansion is one of my favourite games (as well as the follow up Day of the Tentacle) and now I'm stoked to get home from work so I can play this. Thanks again @SLTE that's kick-ass!!! :D
No prob. Speaking of Day of the Tentacle, there was news late last year that they're doing some kind of remake / remaster of it. Looks like it's slated for a 2016 release, if Double Fine's website is any indication, but there's not much to go by yet.

Point-and-click games seem to be resurfacing a little with the upswell of indie games. This pleases me.

There ia this cutesy little game called Theme Hospital I'd love to aee get a reboot someday.

I too would love to see updated Maniac Mansion stuff! I have played Deluxe, but I would REALLY love a mobile version of the game.

I would love to see some of the Carmen Sandiego games remastered. And of course, every Jurassic Park fan who has ever played Operation Genesis wants a new version of THAT!

It's not as old as some of the other games in this thread, but I'd love to see Valve remake Half-Life. It was such a great game, and so revolutionary for it's time. Half-Life was one of my first real games, and I'd love to replay it with updated graphics.

What old school PC game (with old school graphics, game format and feel) would you want to see updated, utilizing all the recent developments in gaming technology? I know there are lots of “old” games that have constantly evolved through the years, but are there any that failed to make the cut to modernization?
Oh man! This is an easy question! I would love to see an updated version of Doom! I think this game would do really well given the fact that so many people played it back in the day and have really fond memories of it. Also, I think it would receive a lot of positive support from the gaming community. What do you think?

Deus Ex 1! Ever since Human Revolution, old fans have been asking endlessly for this remake, including me. It's a brilliant game but seriously all it's missing is good textures and animations as well as Improved engine. I hope they do it after Mankind Divided.

I would have to say Minecraft. I know they do update it quite a bit but I think it's time for a serious upgrade. Like maybe some better graphics? I love Minecraft just the way that it is. I just think it would be very interesting to see.

I would have to say Minecraft. I know they do update it quite a bit but I think it's time for a serious upgrade. Like maybe some better graphics? I love Minecraft just the way that it is. I just think it would be very interesting to see.

I could be wrong but aren't there mods you can download for Minecraft that gives it a more upgraded graphics look? I seem to remember reading about it, but never looked it up myself since I'm not much of a Minecraft player.