What movie or show would you like to see turned into a game?

prose

Registered
Oct 15, 2015
I am not usually a fan of video games based off of movies or TV shows, they generally fall short of the movie or show, in my opinion. (Correct me if I'm wrong, if you have a favorite game based off of a movie or TV show, please recommend it! :) However, if done right, I think there could be some pretty cool games made.

What movie or TV show would you like to see turned into a video game?

Well I've always been a fan of Game of Thrones and a few years ago a PC game came out for it which satisfied an itch but the combat in the game was meh/terrible- story was pretty decent though. Generally most movies/tv shows that have games are really bad with only a few rare exceptions.

I reckon an Everybody Loves Raymond one would be good and it could involve Debra and Marie are kidnapped by someone who was jealous of Ray, and would be interesting to see what happens when Ray and Robert team up and fight all who get in their way. I reckon the Goosebumps episodes could have game versions and would be interesting to see how they work out and having a Slappy one, would make it nice and having the player trying to escape him and having to fight the enemies to get to him when he takes over the town. I hope that a game is made based on the series and would be good to see it happen some time or similar with the new graphics and also the technology is good.

The American Horror Story series. It would be so gruesome though I'm not sure they'd even get by with an M rating.

I could see a Once Upon A Time game being done in either RPG format, or maybe the 'choose your adventure' style that Telltale did with Game Of Thrones. (And I would adore that.)

I also want them to finally figure out how to make good dinosaur games, so we can have a Jurassic World adventure.

Reactions: Stay Puft
I was a big fan of True Detective (more so season 1 than season 2) and think this could have the potential to be a fun murder/mystery/crime/detective game in the same vein as LA Noire, Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy. There is a real lack of high quality games of this genre so it could certainly fill a void.

I liked the suggestion Game of Thrones. That'd be interesting. Also crime shows or a game from that show where they have to race around the world and complete missions.

I know that they do have a Walking Dead video game, but I've always thought it would be really cool if it were more like Final Fantasy games. By this, I mean like you could have a party of Rick, Carl, Michonne, Daryl, Glenn and who ever else. Each character would have their signature weapon (Michonne with her sword for example), and you can upgrade them as the game progresses with the story line.

That might seem silly, but it was just a thought I had, haha!

I always thought someone could make a cool fighting game out of Spartacus. They could have a story mode like the new Mortal Kombats maybe with a little more interaction with the main game being a fighter based on arena fights.

I always thought someone could make a cool fighting game out of Spartacus. They could have a story mode like the new Mortal Kombats maybe with a little more interaction with the main game being a fighter based on arena fights.
I know it didn't get the greatest of reviews, but I actually really enjoyed Spartacus Legends. Yes, it was rather bare bones but I found it to be hugely fun and rather addicting. The hit detection (and unresponsive controls) could have used some work and the storyline really needed to be fleshed, but there was enough there to keep me interested for a while.

Oh man Game of Thrones would look so cool turned into a game I can already imagine it with a Skyrim-like mood, graphics and cinematography. The gameplay would look like Skyrim too with the medieval theme but the addition of a The Lord of The Rings style legacy. I've also watched True Detective and I imagine something like a Mafia or Max Payne gameplay where noir plays a big role.

Reactions: Axel
I'd go for TBBT (The Big Bang Theory) in videogame mode would be fun. To play a group of nerds doing an adventure kind of mission will be interesting. I do hope the game would combine the adventure spirit of run and tumble games with the puzzle-solving-geeky stuff of science-inspired shows. I think it would be great.

The Elder Scrolls saga is one that’s spanned years, spawning game after game of rich, sandbox universes. The greatest achievement from the series is, by and large, Skyrim. The story follows a main character of your choosing known only as the Dragonborn. Throughout the massive map, you have the ability to participate in a series of main and side quests: You can look to vanquish the evil dragon Alduin, choose to either fight against or participate in a rebellion, join a clan of werewolf mercenaries, and, of course, crawl a series of intricate dungeons. Any one of these side quests would make for a insane franchise of movies given the right screenplay, director, and cast.

I second Game of Thrones. It would totally be another Skyrim if it ever gets that adaptation. But I also think SAW would make a good horror game, if that game doesn't exist already. The concept of the movie is already a game, so it's already ready game material.

I second Game of Thrones. It would totally be another Skyrim if it ever gets that adaptation. But I also think SAW would make a good horror game, if that game doesn't exist already. The concept of the movie is already a game, so it's already ready game material.

Your wish has been granted as Saw: The Video Game exists! It was released in 2009 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows. It got decent reviews (7.5/10 or so) and even spawned a sequel which unfortunately got worst reviews than the first one. I've never played either game myself, but I'm going to check the discount bins now since it seems interesting.

I would definitely love to see a proper X-Files video game. I know a few exist, but they are not very good. Another show I would love to see translated into a good video game, is Dr. Who.

Oh man Game of Thrones would look so cool turned into a game I can already imagine it with a Skyrim-like mood, graphics and cinematography. The gameplay would look like Skyrim too with the medieval theme but the addition of a The Lord of The Rings style legacy. I've also watched True Detective and I imagine something like a Mafia or Max Payne gameplay where noir plays a big role.
Have you played the mobile version of Game of Thrones that was released by Telltale Games? I think this type of game lends itself better to PC than console or mobile, but as mobile games go, I found this to be pretty decent. I am almost certain that you can download the games for your PC via Steam.

Reactions: Cyclops
Skyrimish adaptations of either Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead (which I suppose would be closer to Fallout) would be amazing. Both feature large worlds with lots of potential for cool storytelling and exploration, yet their games seem to be compressed into relatively small areas, ala Telltale. I love Telltale games, don't get me wrong, but I think both settings would be well served with more free-roaming capability.

Since I am an avid fan of the television show, Game of Thrones, I would definitely want to see it be turned into a game. I believe it's going to be a pretty awesome game. :) Another interesting shows are The Walking Dead, Pretty Little Liars (a mystery game, maybe?), and American Horror Story (probably a hidden objects game).

Your wish has been granted as Saw: The Video Game exists! It was released in 2009 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows. It got decent reviews (7.5/10 or so) and even spawned a sequel which unfortunately got worst reviews than the first one. I've never played either game myself, but I'm going to check the discount bins now since it seems interesting.

Oh sweet. I'll have to check it out. I knew there was a game of it somewhere.

Reactions: Stay Puft