What made you get a Wii U?

DarkGizmo

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
NY
www.revillution.com
What was your reasoning for buying a WIi U? For me, there was a few games I wanted to play. The new Zelda really pushed me to get one but it was also so that my nieces and nephews had a console to play when they came over during the holidays. I really hate having kids in my room so I got a Wii U to put in the family room. :D

I got one over the summer. At the time, I picked it up and got Mario Kart for it, which was a blast. I also got a free New Super Mario Bros Wii U and the Luigi version with it. I knew there would be other games coming for it as well though. What always sells me on Nintendo games is their first party line-up. They always managed to push out some solid titles every generation and that's what keeps me coming back. I think the Tablet is much better than the Wii Remote as well. I know it's not as cool and catchy as the Wii was, but, as a hardcore gamer, I get a lot more functionality out of the Tablet than motion control.

Reactions: Tycoonie259
I am a big fan of Nintendo. I remembered my first console was a N64 back when I was around 9. With N64, my parents also bought Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I played it almost every chance I get when I got home from school and I would stay inside during the weekend. So the main reason for getting a Wii U is play the new upcoming Zelda game. Cant Wait.

I had to get a Wii U! How could I not? I have had every console since the N64 so its kind of a tradition to get the new Nintendo console. But we got the Super Mario 3D World bundle and it was awesome! Then Mario Kart 8 held us off until Smash Brothers, and I could not be happier!

I intended on picking up the WiiU when Xenoblade finally came out but I saw an opportunity to get 40% off last Black Friday by discount stacking. I wanted to support the system while it was selling much worse then it is right now and it had enough games to hold me over like NintendoLand, Wonderful 101, a port of Black Ops II and Super Mario 3D World on its way at the time so I went for it.

Primarily, to enjoy subsequent entries in 2D/3D Mario platformers, Mario Kart, and Zelda. I also had Fatal Frame and Metroid in mind, but wisely wasn't too optimistic about either.

Also, moving my substantial Wii DLC collection to a younger piece of hardware and Wii U's upscaling (And automatic pillarboxing of 4:3 Wii games) were significant factors in my purchase a year ago

I mostly got it to play Bayonetta 2, but there were also quite a few other exclusives I wanted like Wonderful 101 and SSB4.

I haven't bought one yet but I'm already gathering money to get one. The main reasons are Bayonetta 2 and Super Smash Bros, but it's looking better and better for the future releases and it's already proving to be a worthy purchase.

I'm also considering a WII U because I know for sure that the games that come out on it don't have a chance of being released for the PC.

Compared to the Xbox One and PS4, the Wii U is the most competitively priced console. While some may consider that there are no must-buy games on the Wii U, I think it offers many unique exclusive games. These include many popular games like the Legend of Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, Bayonetta 2 and one coming out this year, Xenoblade Chronicles X - which looks like a great open world game.

If these games appeal to you, then the Wii U is really worth it.

I purchased it because I respect Nintendo as a brand. I wasn't a fan so much of the WII, but I love the concept of motion gaming. I think it will be the best family console of its generation in terms of getting people together and playing games. That is waiting to be seen of course, but I'm optimistic for the future. I also loved some of the games that were coming out for the system like ZombiU.

I got my Wii U last November when I suddenly felt the calling. Got the deluxe refurbished bundle from Nintendo after seeing the deal on Reddit. It felt like this was my time. I had never owned a Nintendo system before, only played at friends' houses, so it was a bit intimidating getting into a franchise that a lot of the diehard fans already know so much about. Like I didn't know who lots of the characters are in Nintendoland. But it's still an awesome game, awesome first game and my family likes it too.

I bought a Wii U at launch. The games that really drew me in were NSMBU and Nintendoland. Nintendoloand was actually a lot of fun, especially local multiplayer. Then there was a long drought until Pikmin 3 arrive. Pikmin 3 was fantastic, and really since then it's been pretty good with new releases not be too spread thin.

I just wanted the next level of the great Wii experience. I also like to stay on top of the latest and greatest technology. My kids love playing Mario games so I will love to see the new games that Nintendo is going to bring out.

2 words and 1 number are literally the only thing that made me even bother with wanting a Nintendo Wii U. I of course mean the game Mario Kart 8 that came out with the console. Being an avid fan of the Mario Kart racing game series, I often look forward to playing the next in the series; it was no different with Mario Kart 8.

Mario 3D World. The bundle also came with New Mario Wii U. That combo was enough for me to just dash out and get it. I am pretty sure I was huge into Monster Hunter at the time and just wanted to play it on a real controller and not my 3DS.

What made me get the wii were my kids. They loved to play with their cousins and they were always annoying me so I got it, at least they exercise while playing. ;)

My family members wanted it more than me, but not I am the only one who really uses it! I very seldom play any games, though. Instead, I use it primarily for Netflix.

I got mine because there was a very cheap one at a store and I couldn't pass it up. At worst case I thought I'd just sell it but I enjoy playing on it enough that I decided to keep it around. I never really got too much into Nintendo games, to be honest, but my nephews and nieces are enjoying them at least.

That is a great reason to do it too Goldie, if we find good promotions, nothing like taking advantage from that and saving money.

To get all the newest Mario games! :D I also wanted the HD remake of Wind Waker.