What is the First PC game You Have Ever Played?

lamanlupa

Registered
Sep 21, 2015
I can still remember my first PC game. It was known as Space Commanders and it was a Space Invaders rip off. It was just a tad bit faster than Space Invaders and it was played in PCs that ran with pre-Windows DOS (Disk Operating System). That was during the 80s. A long, long time ago. How about you? What was your first PC game?

Aside from the usual Solitaire and Minesweeper, it was either Might and Magic or Starcraft. I don't remember which one came first, but it was through these two games that I was first introduced to the wonderful world of gaming. I used to feel a bit creeped out by the blood though, since I was still so young back then. Eventually I got used to it and discovered just how fun (and time-consuming) games are.

Cannot really remember very well whether it was any of the card games or Dave. If my memory serves me right it must have been Solitaire, I was so intrigued when after you've won the game the way the cards tumble and shuffle (I am not even sure if its the right word to describe the graphics involved). It had left a lasting impression on me.

The first PC game that I ever played, way back in elementary school, was the bright-green-on-black majesty (utilizing the available colour palette in full) that is the classic, original Oregon Trail!

The eighties were a strange time in which people thought that children's first exposure to then-primitive computers should be accompanied with learning about dysentery! o_O

oregon_trail.jpg

My first one was King's Quest IV, the one where you're playing as a princess. I remember it quite specifically being the first, because a) It was way too difficult for someone my age to beat, as I had no idea what I was doing, and b) My older brother kept trying to make the character (I think her name was Rosaline, off the top of my head, but I could be wrong) to weird, quasi-perverse things like take her clothes off. I was young enough that I didn't understand why even the slightest bit.

Sim City 2000 was my first game. I was young when it was released and I didn't know what I was doing half the time, but I still loved creating my own city and unleashing environmental mayhem upon it. As I grew older, Maxis became one of my favorite developers and I continued to buy the new Sim City and Sims games. Currently, I use DOSBox to play some of the older PC games and get a nice hit of nostalgia.

I'm attempting to get Sim City 2000 back again (it's currently available as a trial), but I'm currently occupied with some other classic gems, such as Jagged Alliance, TES: Daggerfall and Civilization.

Some version of Space Invaders at my babysitter's house. I was mesmerized, and I'll never forget seeing my dad's reflection in the screen when he arrived to pick me up.

I think it was the One must fall 2097 and was a good fighting game and you played as a robot and would take on other ones on and, win matches which was a challenging game and also would play it at my cousin's house. I also remember playing against the computer controlled character which can be easy or hard, and need to watch what the other character is doing as they can be fast or slow at times. I reckon that it can be a game which is nice and also have played it again online and remember the songs and also the battles, which were in the game and enjoyable as well which was good at the time.

A DOS game called "Soccer Kid". I used to think it was so good, mainly because I also played soccer at school. But I tried it out a few years back and it has not aged well. :D

I can still remember my first PC game. It was known as Space Commanders and it was a Space Invaders rip off. It was just a tad bit faster than Space Invaders and it was played in PCs that ran with pre-Windows DOS (Disk Operating System). That was during the 80s. A long, long time ago. How about you? What was your first PC game?

The first game I played on a computer was actually at elementary school on the dinosaur-age computers with floppy discs, and it was the original Oregon Trail. I loved that game! The first PC game I really remember getting into as a kid at home was Heroes of Might and Magic. I could still happily play that today!

The first game I played on a computer was actually at elementary school on the dinosaur-age computers with floppy discs, and it was the original Oregon Trail. I loved that game! The first PC game I really remember getting into as a kid at home was Heroes of Might and Magic. I could still happily play that today!
Ha ha, I remember playing Oregon Trail in school too. I was one of the best wild animal shooters in the class. Which isn't saying a hell of a lot, but still. It's one of the few games that sticks in my mind from those days, 'cause most of the installed games back then were blatantly educational, and, thus, not very good.

Mine were two DOS games. One called Red Tape that was an office simulation, and a space invaders shooter.

Number Munchers, Oregon Trail, Solitaire and Minesweeper. Those are the ones that I can remember at the top of my head. It's been a very long time, but I can distinctly remember those four games from my early childhood.

I guess the first ever pc game I have played would be Diablo 2 and Grand Theft auto Vice City, diablo 2 is really great that time, because it is the first role playing game I remember which can be multiplayer. Massive multiplayer online role playing game or MMORPG weren't released yet that time, maybe they are released on other country but not in Philippines and Grand theft auto was really fun because you are able to shoot and drive at the same time.. sometimes I don't really do missions and just roam around the city and kill.

If i remember it right, the very first game that i played on PC is Age of Empire by ensemble studios.Its a strategy game which i played in long hours. I remember that it only needs around 16mb of graphics. Reallly enjoyable game with minimal requirement.

I honestly can't accurately remember what my very first PC game was. I know that my family didn't have a computer for a long time because we were very poor. One time I went over to my cousin's house and his family had just gotten a new desktop computer. The first thing we did was fire it up and play the PC port of Sonic and Knuckles Collection. This was my most vivid memory of my first time playing a PC game.

However, I remember trying out a computer at another family member's house before that, and I played some sort of game that I can't accurately remember. Thinking back at some of the details, I think it was one of the Space Quest games. It probably was, because I remember little me being angry and frustrated with the game, as often happens with Space Quest before the days of walkthroughs.

Oh goodness. It was probably Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego. :) My grandmother had it, and I spent my days there when my mom was working, so I would play that.

Loved that one when I was younger too! It was really educational as well, I feel like I picked up a real interest in geography because of it! And traveling as well!

I'm not ashamed to say, that game was Harry Potter! The very first part.

At the time i didn't have my own PC (times were different) and i went to my best friend's house to study. After some time, when we got tired, she wanted to show me a new game she installed recently. I was a bit sceptical and i thought we were gonna watch some movie but i wanted to try it out and ... i ended up having a great time! Even though the graphic was really bad when i watch it from this perspective, it was the best virtual experience for me at the time and when i got my own PC soon after, first thing was to install Harry and play it on my own.

That was the starting point of my "gaming career", and i still miss first three HP games and the feeling i had when i was playing them. :)

I was 11 year old when I started playing computer games and the first game I have ever played was PLANTS vs. ZOMBIES. I play with my siblings and usually we take turns. We had our own account.It was also the first game that I became addicted to. It was easy to play but needs a strategy still a kid like me back then knew how will I win every level. Basic.