What have I done?!?!

Darth_Jonas

Future Emperor
Registered
Nov 16, 2005
right behind you
Last weekend, I went with our senior high youth on a trip to Gatlinburg (if you don't know, don't ask). Apparently I count as a chaperone even though I act like I'm in high school (and sometimes even kindergarten). While on said trip, a few of us discussed getting together to play some Halo/Halo2. We said we'd do it this weekend. Some of the others heard and wanted to do it too.

By Wednesday word was out. We are having a full-blown tournament at the church tomorrow. We have a pretty big church, so it'll be in the youth chapel where we have a large projector (about 20' there). Personally, I'll be on one of the linked TV's. (Why would I project my position to everyone?)

I have no idea how many people are going to show up, but it is the start of spring break, the kids have nothing to do, and people I've never seen before have been asking what time it will be.

Our minister of music is even involved.

What have I unleashed?

Holy cow, or holy video games?

Look why don't you save all those kids/people some time if you're going to corrupt them: bring some strippers, drugs and booze along with ya.

GEEZ.

Update:

It went really well. About 20 or so kids were there throughout the afternoon. Everyone followed the rules which were 1) we are there to have fun, so don't get upset about losing. 2) no spawn killing. It's cheesy and unnecessary. 3) no vendettas, we're there to have fun.

We had a great time and hope to do it again next month.

I was also on my game. I had a great time laying the smack down. It seemed like I was untouchable. Once, I dropped down in a group of three, killed them all, then turned and ripped through the fourth (who was coming to the rescue with a laser sword). I got into a Banshee and racked up many kills. I got a sniper rifle and went huntin'. I wasn't always the best, but the best always struggled to beat me.

Yeah, yeah, talk your smack now about being the best.....When you get Live, we'll see who the top dog is....and i will probably be running away the whole time

Asylum, I've actually found someone that makes Jonathan's sniping skills look like a drunk with a slingshot. Out of 50 snipes, 29 were headshots. He also shot over 50% in one game. I have to play dirty when I'm against him.

Oh, the dear ol' sniper rifle from days past......it sucks that i can't snipe very well on Halo 2....that's when my buddies use me as the "human bomb"......where they stick plasma grenades to me and tell me to run as fast as i can to where the other team is hiding.....It sucks that i die, but cool 'cause one of them gets a triple kill off all of my hard work

no swearing. Of course there's some in the regular game, but we stuck to multiplayer. It was all in good fun. A couple of them got frustrated, especially when we started making a nice pile of their bodies. One of the moms made a comment about violent games. I told her there is no gore, and even the humans are in complete armor where they even look more like robots or astronauts than people. Basketball is more violent and people actually get hurt there. Yet our church has a gym. She saw the light.

Good analysis of that Jonas.....I think it's great how parents can say that, but yet the TV at the old homestead is never looked at sooo thoroughly.....I actually watched some of the cartoons on the cable channels, they have more violence than most videogames....Violence in video games, huh, well, it was a nice way to put it the way you did......Although, wouldn't a piledriver through a table get the point across a little better....Now that puts videogame violence to shame....Wait, a minute

Last edited:
Frankly I am shocked that your church allowed hours of mindless killing to go own within their own walls.

I mean, I don't really care...

But wow. You must have a cool church

I'm not sure about Halo 2, but with Halo 1, the group of people I play Halo with have gotten too good with sniper rifles. I'd say... 7/10 shots are headshots.. while they're moving or jumping up or off something even. Throw in the fact that respawning spots are pretty terrible in that game, and the fact that when you respawn, you show up on the opposing team's TV before you do your own, and you get a lot of frustration. Oh, and 2-3 shot pistol deaths are very common. I think I'm quitting Halo 1 for good, heh.