What genre of games do you like to play? (MOBA, MMO, RPG, FPS, etc.)

JohnnyDoe

Registered
Sep 27, 2018
My favorite type of game or my most consistently played type of game is FPS; though my favorite game that I currently play is a MOBA (League of Legends). FPS games are my favorite because there generally isn't too much variation between what needs to be done in order to play them. The difference in FPS games generally comes from the aiming system, recoil of the weapon, and crosshairs generally. Things like overwatch are kind of an exception to this since they have skills that can also be used in conjunction with your weapons, and even weapons that aren't general military grade (M4, M16, AK-47, etc).

I prefer RPGs quite a lot! There's something really relaxing about grinding in a dungeon and taking the game slowly. Most RPGs come with great stories as well, and a variety of incredible characters and classes to play from.

I prefer RPGs quite a lot! There's something really relaxing about grinding in a dungeon and taking the game slowly. Most RPGs come with great stories as well, and a variety of incredible characters and classes to play from.
Oh really? I never really had a taste for RPGs generally because I am not good at role-playing in general. Also, the general layout for RPGs seem very one-dimensional and involve a lot of pictures and speech boxes and limited choices for interaction. What are the names of some of your favorite RPG games? Maybe they'll change my mind about the RPG genre.

Oh really? I never really had a taste for RPGs generally because I am not good at role-playing in general. Also, the general layout for RPGs seem very one-dimensional and involve a lot of pictures and speech boxes and limited choices for interaction. What are the names of some of your favorite RPG games? Maybe they'll change my mind about the RPG genre.

The reading and lore makes it so much more interesting. If you like FPS games, you should definitely try the Fallout series (I am pretty sure you know plenty of it) or the Mass Effect one. My favorite RPGs don't include too much shooting sadly, since I am pretty bad at it. I really enjoyed Dragon Age, Final Fantasy, Persona series etc.

The reading and lore makes it so much more interesting. If you like FPS games, you should definitely try the Fallout series (I am pretty sure you know plenty of it) or the Mass Effect one. My favorite RPGs don't include too much shooting sadly, since I am pretty bad at it. I really enjoyed Dragon Age, Final Fantasy, Persona series etc.
Yeah, I've heard of all of those games. I've even played Final Fantasy, but not the initial ones, just the ones for PSP where it is more of a battle; though they still have a storyline and what not. I can't remember which one it was all I can say is it is the one with Cloud as the main character and Sephiroth as the villain. Also, by persona, were you talking about the anime series? If you're a fan of anime, there is a great series called Danganronpa and it is pretty great and also based off of an RPG-like video game with a great storyline.

Edit: Wait now that I think about it, that was just one of them. The game I played was one with a Goddess and some Demon was the main Villain.

Last edited:
Also, by persona, were you talking about the anime series? If you're a fan of anime, there is a great series called Danganronpa and it is pretty great and also based off of an RPG-like video game with a great storyline.

The Persona anime (Persona 3 The Animated movies, Persona 4 Animation, Persona 5 Animation) was based on the RPG games in the first place. They don't follow the story as well (especially P4A) and I still recommend the games before the animated series. Again, since they are JRPGS, it takes a long time and much commitment to complete them. I also played Dangan Ronpa (and watched the series), it's one of my favorites.

The Persona anime (Persona 3 The Animated movies, Persona 4 Animation, Persona 5 Animation) was based on the RPG games in the first place. They don't follow the story as well (especially P4A) and I still recommend the games before the animated series. Again, since they are JRPGS, it takes a long time and much commitment to complete them. I also played Dangan Ronpa (and watched the series), it's one of my favorites.
Oh cool! Yeah, I knew of the persona game; I was just wondering if you were talking about the anime since I am not familiar with the game. I'm assuming you watched the two Danganronpa seasons that came out at the same time taking place before and after the greatest despair in human history or it goes something like that. I still don't understand, even after watching it, what the tragedy was exactly. They kind of explained it and also tried to just end it all with a riding in the sunset moment, but I felt a bit disappointed with the ending. Does the game end like that as well?

I play a lot of genres since every has some good thing to offer.. :)

MMOs when i want to socialize and play with my friends, quest and do fun things together..
Adventures that take me to fantasy and magical worlds which i love exploring. Advancing levels and character progression gives a feeling of accomplishment too.
Action games, sometimes, when i feel like fighting the virtual enemies. x)
RPGs which i enjoy the most, they often have a great story and character development.
And sometimes Strategies like Heroes and similar. :)

I’m not the rpg kind of guy but i always have exemptions with a great game realeased this year. Like assasin’s creed odessy it’s a crossover of an rpg and grand theft auto cause it’s an open world. If the game is a good i will play it and like it to yhe point i will recommend it to others. I like an RPG and FPS like counter strike or sniper elite that’s just a beautiful exciting game.

I used to be mainly into FPS games when I was a teenager. Call of Duty, Battlefield, Halo; those were my games of choice. Then as time went on, I found it hard to keep up with the fast-paced action of FPS games. Online multiplayer shooters became all about twitch shooting and reaction timing, and without enough time to practice, I found myself falling behind in the ranks.

Soon afterwards, I turned to RPG games because I could enjoy them at my own pace without being stressed out about getting killed all the time. It’s a lot more fun actually playing a game rather than waiting to respawn every 20 seconds.

I love playing RPG game like Dragonest mobile, it really releases, tho playing it every time is quite boring but still its good on past time.

Oh cool! Yeah, I knew of the persona game; I was just wondering if you were talking about the anime since I am not familiar with the game. I'm assuming you watched the two Danganronpa seasons that came out at the same time taking place before and after the greatest despair in human history or it goes something like that. I still don't understand, even after watching it, what the tragedy was exactly. They kind of explained it and also tried to just end it all with a riding in the sunset moment, but I felt a bit disappointed with the ending. Does the game end like that as well?

Honestly, I played DR1 and 2 a long time ago, and then watched the 2 anime series as they aired. At that time, it made a lot of sense. Now, I can't remember much. It felt fulfilling and I was super emotional as the series ended. It's still one of my favorites, but as time passed, I forgot most of the plot and characters. It's not like Persona, which I played multiple times and got really invested in it. But I still recommend Dangan Ronpa to all my gamer/anime friends.

MOBA, MMO, and single player RPGs are my favorite genres of games. Since I was a kid I was an RTS player and I switched to MOBA when I discovered it. On the side, I play MMO and story-oriented RPGs because I want to play games that have good storytelling. I'm no good in FPS games because I have bad aim. :D

Honestly, I played DR1 and 2 a long time ago, and then watched the 2 anime series as they aired. At that time, it made a lot of sense. Now, I can't remember much. It felt fulfilling and I was super emotional as the series ended. It's still one of my favorites, but as time passed, I forgot most of the plot and characters. It's not like Persona, which I played multiple times and got really invested in it. But I still recommend Dangan Ronpa to all my gamer/anime friends.
I can understand that; I've forgotten many game and anime plots due to the passage of time. Sometimes, I feel the urge to just gather all of the anime I've watched and their theme songs, characters, and the plot and just hold on to them in a folder. Kind of like myAnimeList but not quite. As far as the Danganronpa series, I feel they kind of stressed that ending and too much changed too quickly. I absolutely loved the first season; it was very brutal but really interesting and mysterious. The seasons that came after Junko died seemed to be missing a soul without monobear's eccentric personality. The monobears after that and even Junko after that feel a bit lacking. The way Junko treated her sister always displeased me as well; that is secondary though.

I am not in to any genre specifically, I play any game that is awesome and gives you your money worth. But if I had to select one, I would definitely say that I prefer role playing games. The reason being that these games are long and can be enjoyed for quite some time. Where most game finish up in 20 hours, these can take up to 60 plus hours to finish completely. You have your main quest and abundant side quests to keep you occupied.

My least preferred genre is first person shooters. They literally bore me, linear game play, just shooting like maniac. I have barely finished one or two FPS games at max.