What game would you like to see rebooted?

I actually disagree, I don't think Myst would benefit much from simply a graphics update and I think it's much better to focus on making new games with the same feel but designed for a 3D world. I feel like Myst was almost a text-based dungeon with some screenshots and puzzles slapped on. It was a great game but the graphics and engine was pretty irrelevant for the experience IMO.
I can see you never played realMyst, which came out 14 years ago - they redid the original Myst in a live rendered 3D, replacing the "point-and-click" pre-rendered graphics. They even digitally remastered realMyst earlier this year. However, comparing even that to the new Unreal Engine graphics in Obduction (the new Cyan Worlds game they are working on), it pales in comparison. I would love to wander around the various worlds of Myst with that level of detail and graphics. Not to mention the fact it would be cool to see all 5 Myst games be of equal graphics quality.

I know other Myst enthusiasts like myself would certainly buy it if they did that.

I can see you never played realMyst, which came out 14 years ago - they redid the original Myst in a live rendered 3D, replacing the "point-and-click" pre-rendered graphics. They even digitally remastered realMyst earlier this year. However, comparing even that to the new Unreal Engine graphics in Obduction (the new Cyan Worlds game they are working on), it pales in comparison. I would love to wander around the various worlds of Myst with that level of detail and graphics. Not to mention the fact it would be cool to see all 5 Myst games be of equal graphics quality.

I know other Myst enthusiasts like myself would certainly buy it if they did that.
I didn't know about that! I guess I'm 14 years behind on video game development. :) I see the nostalgia value in redoing these then, since the precedence is already set and the work already done to make the 3D feel natural.

Reactions: Kleineganz
I personally would love to see Parappa the Rappa be made into an arcade game, because all the cheesy aside it was a lot of fun. I can still sing all of the songs, too.... *ashamed*

I will vouch with you for Parappa the Rappa. It was extremely corny, but, if they made a new game that wasn't as corny, I'd play it. I had a friend and I who played it all the time while making fun of the games...I think everyone played Parappa the Rappa to make fun of the songs, now that I'm thinking it over. I'd still like to see it rebooted.

I'm with BluBird - Crash Bandicoot. If you could reboot that, with the same look but better graphics for a flatscreen TV, I think you could do pretty well. It was a good game, and it was genuinely fun to play. Frustrating at times but fun.

The original 150 pokemon red blue and yellow games. They were so fun. So many happy memories. I would love to see how it could look now, given the worlds technology. Even if they kept the same exact graphics, but made it a 3ds game instead. I would yell "shut up and take my money!" then throw my wallet at what ever screen I discover this news on. I would proceed to offer my soul to the devil for all three games, and a nitendo 3ds that never runs out of batteries.

The Timesplitters franchise, it was my favorite FPS game of my childhood. They just don't make arena shooters like they used to anymore.

Oooooo! You guys with the fps talk reminded me of the south park fps. I would love to see that remastered with updated graphics. I would pay good money to see it remastered. I would pay even more to play online with others. With stick of truth out, you could make it a dlc. Like the south park boys want to play army, to it turns into a fps instead. People like me, who are nostalgic would loose their minds over it.

This is not a game that died so long ago, but when I heard about it, it was too late, all the servers were empty. What am I talking about? THE MATRIX ONLINE, just saw some videos about it. It saddens me that the developers gave up so easily. They should have fixed the major bugs it had, add more features, and it could have been something big. Until today, there is still not a good Matrix video game (none that I've heard of anyways).

I'm old, so I want Qbert and Zaxxon released for consoles, not through an emulator or something that I'd have to play on a PC. I know that Qbert was at one time available on PS3, but I didn't find out until it was too late and I don't want to play through a bunch of Sega games that I never originally played in order to get the chance to play Zaxxon on a greatest hits compilation.

Just release all of these classic games as standalones, they'd make more money than they believe they would.

There are sooo many choices! Megaman Legends comes to mind...

Legend of Dragoon.
Lunar: The Silver Star Story (Modern Graphics and Voice Acting please)
Final Fantasy Tactics (No little kids please, a serious entry... and make using monsters worthwile!)

Lufia and the Fortress of Doom, but don't butcher it like they did with the remake of Lufia II. That remake was fun, but it did NOT feel like a Lufia game.

Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, some of the Ys series, and the classic Zeldas. It'd be nice to see them revamped with better graphics for newer systems. I enjoyed the plot lines and whatnot, but seeing them all new and fancy would be awesome :D

The old Final Fantasies, Legend of Dragoon for sure, Lunar, Xenosaga, Xenogears...just to name a few. I think it'd be awesome to see them totally revamped with new graphics.

Oh my goodness, I remember that game. Seems like eons ago. I know they have remade "Pitfall", but I would like it remade more like the Atari game, but with better graphics. What I mean is revamp it the way they did "Super Mario Brothers". This allows players to enjoy today's graphics, but doesn't steal from the game's originality. "Pac-man" and "Centipede" were other games that completely undid what their initial games were about.

I would like to see mega man rebooted. Those games were so fun back in the day, to see a modern graphics version would be something special.

Spyro all the way! :p I loved that series growing up. In fact, I still go back and play some of the classics occasionally.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Crash Bandicot rebooted. Crash: Wrath of the Titans (I believe that is the title) was on the first games I got on my PS2! :)

For a reboot? Def the Kings Quest Series. I really enjoyed playing that years ago. You can get it now for free (and to think I paid like 30.00 plus bucks for each game, lol). But it's possible to download them for free, and I'm thinking of doing that this week...just getting the entire series and playing it. I loved that series. Roberta Willians does not get the credit that she deserves in the gaming world, she was excellent. the original leisure suit larry and lounge lizards was really fun as well :)

I would love to see the Crash Bandicoot series get a reboot. The little guy hasn't seen the light of day ever since Activision bought him and I think making a new game inspired by the classic series would be just what Crash needs! Naught Dog was so much better for him anyways.