What game would you like to see rebooted?

js85

Registered
Nov 6, 2014
I know it's always a hit-or-a-miss to see games, especially childhood games, rebooted as adults. But are there any you would be interested to see?

I personally would love to see Parappa the Rappa be made into an arcade game, because all the cheesy aside it was a lot of fun. I can still sing all of the songs, too.... *ashamed*

I would LOVE to see Battletoads remade, too!

I loved the orignal Silent Hill for the Playstation 1. I dont have an original Playstation anymore but I always have a craving to beat this game. Ive heard rumors about a remake being made for the Xbox 360 but that was so long ago. I doubt I'll play it again :(

If there was a game franchise I wished would make a comeback, it would be SEGA's old series, Streets of Rage. Yes, I know it didn't get the same popularity of Final Fight or Double Dragon. But Street's of Rage definitely had a following that was devoted. Not to mention the music of the game was just sublime and ahead of its time.

I think some of the Sega games like Michael Jackson Moonwalker and Robocop and some others, as they were alright but graphics and controls were not the best in the game which made them hard to play and frustrated. Hitman on the computer should be remade as, it had a nice feel to the game but was hard and graphics sort of did not appeal to me and gave it a miss for the rest of the game. Tekken one could be remade as when playing it sometimes the characters would fly in the air,and miss blows or attacks and glitches would occur when going through the game. Shadow of the Colossus could be remade it was a ps2 game and involved fighting beasts and they all had weak points but, graphics do not suit the game at some points would be good to remake it.

Although not a game ever made, I wish to play a future game revolving around this well known cartoon character:

I think some of the Sega games like Michael Jackson Moonwalker and Robocop and some others, as they were alright but graphics and controls were not the best in the game which made them hard to play and frustrated. Hitman on the computer should be remade as, it had a nice feel to the game but was hard and graphics sort of did not appeal to me and gave it a miss for the rest of the game. Tekken one could be remade as when playing it sometimes the characters would fly in the air,and miss blows or attacks and glitches would occur when going through the game. Shadow of the Colossus could be remade it was a ps2 game and involved fighting beasts and they all had weak points but, graphics do not suit the game at some points would be good to remake it.

I don't know about Robocop. Moonwalker was a good game. Hitman is a good one also. I wold like to see Megaman done over.

I would like to see Mother reloaded with Earthbound engine. I would love to play that and finally beat it.

I would enjoy an Earthbound remake as well, made for the Wii U. Another game I would love to see would be the original The Legend of Zelda, perhaps stylistically similar to Link Between Worlds.

Reactions: JayWifi
I would like to see a reboot for all of the mortal kombat games that came out for the PlayStation 2. The graphics that I saw for the franchise with the PlayStation 3 is what really makes me want the reboot. You really can see the difference between graphics as well as character design if you have played any of the PlayStation 2 games that the franchise delivered. Right now there is another game being made for the PlayStation 3 and judging from the videos I have seen there is huge difference in looks as well as extension in the story line as more characters being added, all I wan't is for the producers to take a step back and look at what they have, and polish what they have already done.

Reactions: jdroc
I really agree with what one of the posters above said. I'd love to see some remakes of some old SNES/SEGA games. All of those old school games really bring back some good memories and they are classics! It would be great to re-live some of those memories and go back in time playing some Zombies ate my neighbors. ;)

I really agree with what one of the posters above said. I'd love to see some remakes of some old SNES/SEGA games. All of those old school games really bring back some good memories and they are classics! It would be great to re-live some of those memories and go back in time playing some Zombies ate my neighbors. ;)
Yeah, I agree. I just realized, are there any emulators for windows to play SEGA games? I think that would keep me busy for a while :).

I'm not much of one for remakes because I think the originals will always give you more satisfaction to play, but something about Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines leaves me craving more all the time. Though the Unofficial Patch is kept up to date to this day, I'd still like to see more done for that masterpiece of a game. I suppose I want a huge fanmade mod as opposed to an actual successor, since I think something made from sctratch wouldn't have the spirit that Troika put into it. The die-hard fans of the game know what's best at this point. A good few attempts were made, but no one has made a mod with enough content to differ from the vanilla much, except for matters purely aesthetic.

I want to see Mother 4. I heard that it had been a game in development but eventually got cancelled. I don't know why I want to see it since I'm not much of a Mother or Earthbound fan but I know so many people that were waiting patiently for a reboot that never came. Well, let's all hope for the best.

Crash Bandicoot. Crash could totally benefit from a reboot and a new game would look spectacular on current generation.

Reactions: JayWifi
I'd love to see a reboot of my favorite titles that time has forgotten. Namely, Rival Schools, Streets Of Rage, And Kagero. Kagero was truly unique in my opinion because it was a way of constructing traps and in this game you were playing humans as villains instead of the other way around. Streets of rage is self explanatory in my opinion, it's just a fun beat me up game that had great mechanics and a great soundtrack, and it really is a shame that no one is rebooting it.

I'd love to see a complete reboot of the entire Myst franchise, with completely redone graphics and perhaps even a few new puzzles thrown in to make things interesting. The developers of Myst are working on a new game that looks *amazing* and I wish that they could redo Myst with Unreal Engine 4, which is what they are using for the new game).

I'd love to see a complete reboot of the entire Myst franchise, with completely redone graphics and perhaps even a few new puzzles thrown in to make things interesting. The developers of Myst are working on a new game that looks *amazing* and I wish that they could redo Myst with Unreal Engine 4, which is what they are using for the new game).
I actually disagree, I don't think Myst would benefit much from simply a graphics update and I think it's much better to focus on making new games with the same feel but designed for a 3D world. I feel like Myst was almost a text-based dungeon with some screenshots and puzzles slapped on. It was a great game but the graphics and engine was pretty irrelevant for the experience IMO.